PDA

View Full Version : Read this Sawx trash

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Here's an ignorant column from the Boston Herald regarding our Sox, from a Sawx lover's POV:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=95142

"They are simply not that good." (?!)

That 64-33 record isn't a fluke, and there is nothing wrong with taking 2 of 4 from the Red Sox. If anything, this guy's beloved Red Sawx should have taken 3 of 4.

And the naysayers continue their ranting...

The Sox will show them all down the stretch, guaranteed!

DrCrawdad
07-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Here's an ignorant column from the Boston Herald regarding our Sox, from a Sawx lover's POV:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=95142

"They are simply not that good." (?!)

That 64-33 record isn't a fluke, and there is nothing wrong with taking 2 of 4 from the Red Sox. If anything, this guy's beloved Red Sawx should have taken 3 of 4.

And the naysayers continue their ranting...

The Sox will show them all down the stretch, guaranteed!

That "bulletin-board" material should be required reading for THE SOX when they get ready to play in Bawsten.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2005, 09:54 AM
I notice how he conveniently ignores the contributions of Cotts/Politte/Marte/Jenks.

Isn't part of the reason Boston has failed to run away with the East their piss-poor bullpen?

:rolleyes:

A_ROW33
07-25-2005, 10:02 AM
All this coming from a fan base that could have seen their team swept if it were not for two plays (the dropped foul ball, and the dropped ball at 2nd by Cora that they just decided to call an out anyway)

No fearsome hitter in the lineup? They did not see Jermaine Dye or Frank Thomas, but still tell an opposing pitcher that Podsednik is not a fearsome hitter. You walk him and all of a sudden it's a triple.

SoxFan78
07-25-2005, 10:03 AM
This guy is a idiot. One of the first things he writes is that "The White Sox look better on paper". What is this guy smoking? Everybody picked the White Sox to finish in the bottom half of the AL Central. Knee jerk reaction if you ask me.

Its just sour grapes to this guy. If it wasn't for a missed foul ball, this series argueably could of been 3-1 RIGHT Sox.

Iwritecode
07-25-2005, 11:19 AM
This guy is a idiot. One of the first things he writes is that "The White Sox look better on paper". What is this guy smoking? Everybody picked the White Sox to finish in the bottom half of the AL Central. Knee jerk reaction if you ask me.

WOW. That's the first time I've heard somebody say this team looks BETTER on paper.

Considering how good they are now, I guess on paper they must be undefeated... :wink:

RKMeibalane
07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
WOW. That's the first time I've heard somebody say this team looks BETTER on paper.

Considering how good they are now, I guess on paper they must be undefeated... :wink:

Or at least, that's what the Dark Clouds want us to believe.

TDog
07-25-2005, 11:33 AM
WOW. That's the first time I've heard somebody say this team looks BETTER on paper. ...

You don't even hear that in the Tigers clubhouse.

FGarcia34
07-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I found it amusing that there aren't any pitchers besides Buehrle and Garland that scare anyone...cuz the Red Sox have such a dominating staff and bullpen this year.

We also play in such a mediocre division that the 2nd place team is leading the wildcard race and the Indians aren't far behind.

HA! What Crap!

This guy is a :dtroll:

Steakpita
07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Well, this guy isn't the smartest sports writer around, is he?

no comments, i mean, everything is pretty obviously wrong, but I guess that's homerism. At least he didn't mention the Cubs.

dcb33
07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
:sahaf
"You all should listen to Tony Massaratti, as he, a great disciple of Allah, speaks the truth about the terrible infadels from the South Side! Come October the pitiful excuse of an offense will be exposed by the Boston pitching staff who will not give up a single run in 4 games, leading the Red Sox to a glorious ALCS sweep! Don't be fooled by Chicago's dominating record, because they, along with all other teams besides the Red Sox and Yankees, are posers who play an inferior, minor-league quality game! Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland will crumble along with all of Western Civilization! Fear the Red Sox jihad!"

slavko
07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
He has it backwards. This TEAM is better on the field than it looks on paper. If you only look at the BA's in the box score and not at the TEAM's record, you wouldn't think much of them. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. (old proverb)

(I'm not sure what "the proof is in the pudding" means, but Mike North says it a lot.)

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 12:08 PM
:sahaf
"You all should listen to Tony Massaratti, as he, a great disciple of Allah, speaks the truth about the terrible infadels from the South Side! Come October the pitiful excuse of an offense will be exposed by the Boston pitching staff who will not give up a single run in 4 games, leading the Red Sox to a glorious ALCS sweep! Don't be fooled by Chicago's dominating record, because they, along with all other teams besides the Red Sox and Yankees, are posers who play an inferior, minor-league quality game! Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland will crumble along with all of Western Civilization! Fear the Red Sox jihad!"

Iwritecode
07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Starters Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland have been as effective a 1-2 punch as any in the game this season, though neither is the overpowering type. That fact could loom large come October, when power arms typically dominate and bats turn to ice.

Can anyone seriously explain this quote? It seems to me that he's saying that when October rolls around and the weather starts to get colder it will be more difficult for hitters to hit but since Garland and Burly aren't "power pitchers" they won't do as well... :kukoo:

Then there was this gem:

Read closely, Red Sox followers: I don't know how far Hermanson is going to take them. . . . We're not as worried about that. . . . They're lower-average guys who can be pitched to.

That was before the weekend series between the Red Sox and White Sox, remember.

Too bad he didn't have any quotes from the players AFTER the series.

It's pretty amazing what happens when you get three or four players that hit a couple singles, steal some bases and a knock some runs in with more singles and doubles. It is possible to win (and win a lot) without a single player that "scares" people...

wmc
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Can anyone seriously explain this quote? It seems to me that he's saying that when October rolls around and the weather starts to get colder it will be more difficult for hitters to hit but since Garland and Burly aren't "power pitchers" they won't do as well... :kukoo:

Then there was this gem:

Too bad he didn't have any quotes from the players AFTER the series.

It's pretty amazing what happens when you get three or four players that hit a couple singles, steal some bases and a knock some runs in with more singles and doubles. It is possible to win (and win a lot) without a single player that "scares" people...

The author forgot to mention that the White Sox have hit more home runs than Boston so far this year. I think the series showed that Boston's hitters can be pitched to.

Who else thinks Schilling was a bit lucky to get out of the inning in Saturday's game? I thought the White Sox had some sharp hits off of him, but they didn't fall in.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Who else thinks Schilling was a bit lucky to get out of the inning in Saturday's game? I thought the White Sox had some sharp hits off of him, but they didn't fall in.

:yup:

Aaron swinging at the first pitch certainly helped him out, and Schilling's quick snag of his grounder enabled him to pivot and start the DP.

Man what I would have given to see Schilling throw away that game.

Tragg
07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
From what I've seen, I doubt it will be terribly relevant to the RedSox whether or not the White Sox are feared in post-season.

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Are the Boston Red Sox really a Communist country inside MLB? This article seems to say so.

The only points in the article that I thought had any validity are that 1) the Sox are dominating their division, 2) the Sox will make the playoffs, 3) Buerhle and Garland are a great 1-2 punch, and 4) our power hitters are hitting for low average. Great research. That's like coming to Chicago and saying that the sky is blue and there are tall buildings. Or, like going to Boston and saying it's a New York's bastard little brother, and their beloved Red Sox never have nor ever will even come close to the legacy that the Yankees have.

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Looks like this article is making waves...Scott Reifert, Sox V.P. for communications, posted a blurb about it on his White Sox Blog @ http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/.

balke
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Wow, I can't help feeling this is the same guy I sat by during the Devil Rays series. There was a group of Bostonians sitting in the bleachers, and this guy was the biggest moron/Cub fan. He had no idea the history of the White Sox, thought the White Sox fans rooted more for the Cubs than their own team (????) and all he could talk about was how much he liked the feeling of Wrigley.

I told him all he liked about Wrigley was the party aspect, and lack of clothing.t. I told him we don't do the wave or throw balls back at our park, and we actually know what is going on during the game because we watch it. He couldn't handle people actually watching the game, he was complaining about it.

I pretty much gave up talking to him though. He was a moron, knew very little about his own Patriots, and thought the Yankees were a better team than his Red Sox, and that both were better than the White Sox. Nearly ruined my night. Nearly. Could've been any Red Sox fan though, they are for the most part annoying and cubfanesque. (Don't mean to include Fenway in this group at all, he knows his baseball for the most part).

Juice16
07-26-2005, 01:46 AM
"But the rest of the White Sox? Save the accolades. Chicago does not have one truly fearsome hitter in its lineup and the White Sox are running away with a division saturated with mediocrity. While the White Sox will almost certainly be in the playoffs when the major league regular season comes to an end in early October, it is hard to imagine that any team, player or fan will quiver at the idea of facing the White Sox in the postseason. "

The AL Central is 56-42 vs the AL East. So much for mediocrity.

TDog
07-26-2005, 02:07 AM

As of tonight, the Twinks are 8 games above .500, but 9 games above .500 in their games against the AL East. KC is 10-9 against the AL East and 0-10 against the White Sox.

The Red Sox had a much tougher opponent than the White Sox tonight, however, losing in Tampa Bay.

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Wow, what one world series victory can do to a city's ego.
I love how he mentions the starting rotation and omits Freddy Garcia. He speaks of the lack of power arms on the Sox staff, and how that can hurt come October. He neglects to mention Schilling's injury problems, Clement's overpowering 93mph fastball, Wakefield's devastatingly overpowering 69mph knuckleball, Wade Miller's awesome sub-5.00ERA, and Bronson Arroyo's domination. He doesn't mention Neal Cotts, Cliff Politte, or the woefully underpowered Bobby Jenks.

I also love how he says the AL-Central is incredibly weak. The South Side is now "Infamous". The best part? He's "not scared", and the Red Sox are so much better, blah blah blah. IT WAS A SPLIT! And one of the games was gift-wrapped and won't happen again! I'm all for constructive criticism of my Sox, but when it just turns into an excuse to bad-mouth the best team in baseball, it is unworthy of being published. Anyone that has ever been on this board could write a persuasive rebuttal to this moronic article, and I guarantee that it will be worthy of being published.

The Red Sox lost 4-3 in 10 innings to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Oh, and check out this lovely thread (http://news.bostonherald.com/talkBack/index.php?topic=19481.0) detailing the intelligence of this small sample of BoSox fans.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
"But the rest of the White Sox? Save the accolades. Chicago does not have one truly fearsome hitter in its lineup and the White Sox are running away with a division saturated with mediocrity. While the White Sox will almost certainly be in the playoffs when the major league regular season comes to an end in early October, it is hard to imagine that any team, player or fan will quiver at the idea of facing the White Sox in the postseason. "

Hey! Than's only14 games over .500!

mccoydp
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh, and check out this lovely thread (http://news.bostonherald.com/talkBack/index.php?topic=19481.0) detailing the intelligence of this small sample of BoSox fans.

Read the selection from the Sawx fan who mentions his disdain for Aaron Rowand and Josh Gload.

SSN721
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Read the selection from the Sawx fan who mentions his disdain for Aaron Rowand and Josh Gload.

Brilliant :rolleyes:

Hendu
07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Considering that the BoSox have a 1-game lead in their division and are basically a mini-slump away from being in 4th place behind Toronto, you'd think that they're the ones who should consider a split of the series as a failure.

They're not afraid of the White Sox? So what? They'll be too busy working on their golf game come October to think about the White Sox if they keep playing .500 ball.

DrGiggles
07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Its funny they talk about there only being one dominating team, the St. Louis Cardinals. They just lost 2 out of 3 to the Cubs. :o: Plus now they have Walker and Rolen on the DL. Whatever he says is fine, but we'll see in the post season.

doublem23
07-26-2005, 07:09 PM
That's funny because I wasn't impressed at all with Boston this series, either. Bring on the Beaneaters in the post-season. Nothing scary about that team, either.