PDA

View Full Version : Utterly nauseating trib coverage

PeteWard
07-25-2005, 03:13 AM
The Cubs take two of three from the crippled Cardinals and the Trib writes this:

"Perez slams Cards in 10th (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-050724cubsgamer,1,1345175.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed)
The Cubs were given a national stage Sunday night to prove they're a better team than their record suggests."

Meanwhile when the Sox lost Saturday they were described as "sliding".
And after Sundays win: "Dividing Boston series lifts Sox"; as if all we could possibly hope for is a split.

Honestly, do the STILL think the Cubs are better? It sure seems that way.

Dan H
07-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Monday's coverage didn't bother me as much as Sunday's. Losing four out of six is not not "sliding." All teams, even good ones, have stretches like this. At least the White Sox are not like the Cubs who like to go on eight game losing streaks.

The Tribune hits new lows every day. It reaches the point where you have to laugh it off.

TommyJohn
07-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Not to brag, because I am FAR from the best writer on these boards, but I
put up a post in the "You write tomorrow's headline" thread that I think
perfectly sums up the attitude the Trib has towards both teams.

DaveIsHere
07-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Amzing that we are 31 games over .500 and whever we lose it is everyone's hope that it is the beginning of the end.

Just keep winning White Sox

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 09:14 AM
The Cubs take two of three from the crippled Cardinals and the Trib writes this:

"Perez slams Cards in 10th (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-050724cubsgamer,1,1345175.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed)
The Cubs were given a national stage Sunday night to prove they're a better team than their record suggests."

Meanwhile when the Sox lost Saturday they were described as "sliding".
And after Sundays win: "Dividing Boston series lifts Sox"; as if all we could possibly hope for is a split.

Honestly, do the STILL think the Cubs are better? It sure seems that way.

It's funny reading the St. Louis and Cubs writers (I don't say Tribune because that is synonymous with Cubs). The St. Louis writers only talk about the decimating injuries that have reduced their starting lineup to AAAA level, while the Cubs writers say they are proving themselves to be better than their record. If we put both together, that means that the Cubs are better than a AAAA club.

downstairs
07-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, as a side note... I am rather pissed that the Cardinals didn't show up for what is supposed to be a big rivalry series for them.

Now the Flubs are apparently back in the wild card mix, in a league that consists of St. Louis, Atlanta, and a bunch of minor league teams.

Ugh!

Clembasbal
07-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Amzing that we are 31 games over .500 and whever we lose it is everyone's hope that it is the beginning of the end.

Just keep winning White Sox

I agree. That is truely the only way we will ever get respect. If we just keep winning.

Iwritecode
07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Local Rockford paper was just as bad. I opened up Saturday's paper to read about how the best pitcher in baseball allowed the best team in baseball beat the defending world champions.

I finally found the story in a little column on page 7. :angry:

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Local Rockford paper was just as bad. I opened up Saturday's paper to read about how the best pitcher in baseball allowed the best team in baseball beat the defending world champions.

I finally found the story in a little column on page 7. :angry:

Yeah, we sometimes have that rag in the faculty lounge. Their sports section stinks.

balke
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I can't believe you guys are complaining. There are about 20 stories in the Trib today about he Sox, with the front page LITTERED with Sox coverage. The Cubs didn't even get a picture on the front page, just the mention of the Perez Slam. Don't you think a rivalry of Cubs-Cards with the Cubs winning the series would normally get the front page?

I think the first 3 pages is all White Sox, rumors, feature piece on Cotts, spanking of Boston, thoughts on Marte. Give 'em a break on this one.

jackbrohamer
07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Now the Flubs are apparently back in the wild card mix, in a league that consists of St. Louis, Atlanta, and a bunch of minor league teams.

They're 4.5 out and have to pass 5 teams to get there. And they proved last year that they can't beat Houston when it counts & they have a ton of games against Houston left