PDA

View Full Version : Rangers' owner Tom Hicks on dealing with Kenny Rogers

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2005, 10:27 PM
WFAA-TV anchor Dale Hansen asked Rangers' owner Tom Hicks about how he deals with the embarassment of Kenny Rogers' antics with camera operators:

"I have six kids, so I'm pretty used to dealing with bad behavior."

:rolling:

Seriously, if that's not an indication of how dysfunctional the Rangers organization is from top to bottom, I don't know what is....

Tragg
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I can't believe Rogers insists on appealling this. If he had a brain in his head he'd show some contrition for his violent behavior and take his medicine like a man. But no, he can't do that. He's Kenny Rogers - he read a prepared apology, against he advice of his lawyers. What a man of courage.
Although the media doesn't really belong in booking rooms, he acted like an absolute jerk there too. And jerk is pretty much what he is.

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Still, even after all this drama, he's a jerk I wouldn't mind pitching for the Sox in September and October. At the very least he'll be well-rested for the stretch run. :tongue:

Tragg
07-24-2005, 10:58 PM
As what, our 6th starter?

He's also an absolutely horrible post-season pitcher. 0-3 record, 8.85 ERA, and in only one year did he have an ERA below 5 (and that was when he pitched a total of 1 1/3 innings).

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2005, 11:09 PM
As what, our 6th starter?

He's also an absolutely horrible post-season pitcher. 0-3 record, 8.85 ERA, and in only one year did he have an ERA below 5 (and that was when he pitched a total of 1 1/3 innings).

He does tend to tire toward the end of a season. However, he is going to miss at least a couple of starts in August or September, depending on how long the MLBPA's appeal takes....

I know it's not going to happen, but still I'd feel more comfortable with Rogers on the mound if Burnett doesn't come here, if El Duque gets hurt or if Contreras starts walking a bunch of guys. JMHO, though.

Steakpita
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
I can't believe Rogers insists on appealling this. If he had a brain in his head he'd show some contrition for his violent behavior and take his medicine like a man. But no, he can't do that. He's Kenny Rogers - he read a prepared apology, against he advice of his lawyers. What a man of courage.
Although the media doesn't really belong in booking rooms, he acted like an absolute jerk there too. And jerk is pretty much what he is.

Baseball suspensions are always appealed... it's like it's the death penalty or something.... why even bother with giving the suspensions out in the first place if you're going to reduce them half the time??