PDA

View Full Version : I have a dream

FanofBill
07-24-2005, 10:05 PM
while waiting for the next White Sox game. :rolleyes: Remember the home run Kirk Gibson hit in the 1988 WS limping and all.
And so I thought of Frank Thomas limping up there in the World Series and hitting a game winning home run against the Cardinals this year. Wouldn't that be something ?

Mods, move this if you think it doesn't belong here.

Chips
07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
That would be awesome.

ThatGuyOnTheL
07-24-2005, 10:18 PM
while waiting for the next White Sox game. :rolleyes: Remember the home run Kirk Gibson hit in the 1988 WS limping and all.
And so I thought of Frank Thomas limping up there in the World Series and hitting a game winning home run against the Cardinals this year. Wouldn't that be something ?

I'd put the whole thing in pink, but other than that, I agree :smile:

voodoochile
07-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Even if someone moves it, you won't be banned on my watch for saying what you said here...

Come on Hurt! Give 'em something to remember you by...

Edit: I'm starting to get a good feeling about this team and that doesn't happen very often...

tacosalbarojas
07-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Without a limp would be okay too, but judging from the way things are going, a Kirk Gibson ending would be the best possiblity we can hope for. Good luck at the doc's next week, big guy!

FanofBill
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Even if someone moves it, you won't be banned on my watch for saying what you said here...

Edit: I'm starting to get a good feeling about this team and that doesn't happen very often...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

TimoandAaron
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
they had an article in the Cubune on how Thomas is injured and in the end it said. Kirk Gibson played with a limp, and that didnt work out to bad.

FanofBill
07-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Without a limp would be okay too, but judging from the way things are going, a Kirk Gibson ending would be the best possiblity we can hope for. Good luck at the doc's next week, big guy!

Prior to this year, I didn't think Frank was clutch in pressure situation. But this year has changed my mind on that. I think he's just looser and probably appreciates the games more. Come back soon, big guy.

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Frank's already given us a whole lot to remember him by in his HOF career. :D:

However, a Gibson-like moment to key a World Series win should cement his legacy as a first-ballot inductee. :bandance:

Still, I'm greedy and expect Frank to come back, start at DH in all the home WS games, start at at first base in both :tongue: road games in Saint Louis and hit four homers and bat .600 to carry the Sox to glory on his back.

:smokin: :D:

mr_genius
07-24-2005, 10:37 PM
i had a dream that i won a new car in a raffle

then i woke up and i was sad because i didn't really win a new car. isn't that tragic?

voodoochile
07-24-2005, 10:40 PM

then i woke up and i was sad because i didn't really win a new car. isn't that tragic?

Car schmar...was there a case of Hamms at stake? :D:

FanofBill
07-24-2005, 10:40 PM

:(: dream killer!!!!

mr_genius
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Car schmar...was there a case of Hamms at stake? :D:

there could of been in the trunk...but i'll never know.