PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis observations.

robertks61
07-24-2005, 07:50 PM
I went to the Friday & Saturday games. Here are some things I heard while on the trip:

Wrigley south.

Several Scrub fans taunting Cardinal fans.

The new Bush Stadium is copying Wrigley by using brick (I guess brick was invented exclusively for building Wrigley Stadium).

A St. Louis fan was ripping on Chitown for not having as many championships. When the Bulls 6 rings were brought up it was irrelevant since they don't have a basketball team. Does anyone remember where the Rams came from?

I saw a lot of White Sox shirts.

The weather was brutal but a good time was had.

TheOldRoman
07-24-2005, 08:44 PM
The new Bush Stadium is copying Wrigley by using brick (I guess brick was invented exclusively for building Wrigley Stadium).
Did a Cubs fan say that? I would imagine so. The Urinal may have brick walls around the playing field, but there are no bricks at all on the outside of the stadium. The outside is some cheap white siding which was used in 1014 to cut corners. Unlike Comiskey Park, it was built in a cheap manner with inferior materials, and no bricks are used on the outside. It was a just a cheap, crappy little ballpark, which is why the 1918 World Series was played at Comiskey. It was built to be a small, lifeless dingy, cheap little utilitarian ballpark. Who knew that 90 years later it would be a shrine?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-24-2005, 08:48 PM
What dopes. The Urinal is covered with composite concrete panels, quite the fashion statement for retrofitted ballparks back in the mid-60's.
:roflmao:

And what was there before the concrete panels? Chain link fence!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

That place is ****ing dump built for a second-rate team (the Whales) playing in a third-rate league (The Federal). Those Lovable Loser fans are some serious idiots.
:kukoo:

TornLabrum
07-24-2005, 09:02 PM
A St. Louis fan was ripping on Chitown for not having as many championships. When the Bulls 6 rings were brought up it was irrelevant since they don't have a basketball team. Does anyone remember where the Rams came from?

Yeah, they lost the Hawks to Atlanta and had to get the Cardinals from Chicago but couldn't hold them. They had to import a team from LA in order to win anything.

whitesoxfan
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM

i thought St. Louis had the classiest fans in baseball.

DSpivack
07-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, they lost the Hawks to Atlanta and had to get the Cardinals from Chicago but couldn't hold them. They had to import a team from LA in order to win anything.

LA via Cleveland

DrCrawdad
07-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Are Cubbie fans the most cocky SOB's around?

Jerko
07-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Are Cubbie fans the most cocky SOB's around?

And if so, WHY? :dunno:

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 07:56 AM
And if so, WHY? :dunno:

Their pitching staff; their postseason success; their winning ways; their cool ballbark with the drunk babes in tube-tops.

mcfish
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I had a great time in St. Louis this weekend. It was WAY too hot, but it was like that here anyway. We went because Busch is closing, so we wanted to see it before it went. I have to say that anyone who could go to Busch and then to Comiskey and still call Comiskey a dump is lying to himself. It is not a moment too soon to tear that place down. The new stadium looks pretty good so far, but it's only 1/2 done.

One thing I thought was that the Cardinals and their fans give way too much respect to the Cubs. Especially considering the classless behavior of the majority of the Cub fans.

Also, that place is almost without security/ushers. We could go anywhere at any time, which was nice, because we got to take a look at most parts of the park, but it was surprising. On Saturday, we went behind homeplate after the game to check it out, and then we walked out what I assume was a player's entrance, because there were a bunch of cardinals fans standing there outside the door we walked out waiting for autographs. That was pretty interesting.

doublem23
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
i thought St. Louis had the classiest fans in baseball.

Can't blame them for being a bit testy when their ballpark is infested with Cub-fan vermin.

Hangar18
07-25-2005, 10:55 AM
What dopes. The Urinal is covered with composite concrete panels, quite the fashion statement for retrofitted ballparks back in the mid-60's.
:roflmao:

And what was there before the concrete panels? Chain link fence!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

That place is ****ing dump built for a second-rate team (the Whales) playing in a third-rate league (The Federal). Those Lovable Loser fans are some serious idiots.
:kukoo:

Thats Exactly Right. Memo to the Chicago and National Media. Expect to see the following on ESPN's ticker shortly ........
*NEWSFLASH* Wrigley Stadium discovered to only have Bricks only on outfield walls, and not entire stadium as previously believed .....

What a Joke

whitesoxfan
07-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Can't blame them for being a bit testy when their ballpark is infested with Cub-fan vermin.

oh i understand, but St. Louis IMO is jealous of Chicago having one of the best NBA franchises ever while they don't even have a franchise and probably won't have one for a while. No one gets away with dissing my Bulls :D:

MUsoxfan
07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
I went down there as well (w/ McFish). I wore a Cards shirt and a Sox hat. LOTS of Sox love from the Cardinals fans. Most were congratulating the Sox on a great season and they were hoping the two teams meet in October. Lots of people wearing Sox stuff down there.

CLR01
07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
One thing I thought was that the Cardinals and their fans give way too much respect to the Cubs. Especially considering the classless behavior of the majority of the Cub fans.

They do it for everyone. The only thing I can think of is that they are always in shock after paying $7/$9 for a beer.

Viva Medias B's
07-26-2005, 07:18 AM
They do it for everyone. The only thing I can think of is that they are always in shock after paying $7/$9 for a beer.

But those beers are in large cups. Isn't the $9 beer 32 ounces?

CLR01
07-27-2005, 03:57 AM
But those beers are in large cups. Isn't the $9 beer 32 ounces?

I believe you are right.

Optipessimism
07-27-2005, 05:17 AM

Bricks have been around since well before recorded history. I doubt the concept of using bricks as a building material or decoration originated in Piss Stadium.

Some Flub fans actually know something about baseball. I'd estimate one of maybe every hundred. The rest of these idiots can go **** themselves.