PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Suddenly Finding Farnsworth Attractive?

MarySwiss
07-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, this should draw some flak! But I mean, c'mon. Two saves against the Twinkies? And he did his level damndest to get us back into that Tigers game. Wasn't his fault they took him out before he could bring us all the way back.

Okay, he's an ex-flub. But so what?

Edit: I'm not suggesting we should trade for him; hell, no! I'm just saying we should be glad he's with Detroit.

TheOldRoman
07-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Yes, I think he is very sexy. (although I know a lot of ladies who wouldn't put that in teal.

He has always had great stuff, but he is a headcase. If he ever learns self control, stops boozing, and listens to coaching, he can be a lights out closer. Besides that, he is a drunken a-hole. I wouldn't want him on the team.

MarySwiss
07-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes, I think he is very sexy. (although I know a lot of ladies who wouldn't put that in teal.
He has always had great stuff, but he is a headcase. If he ever learns self control, stops boozing, and listens to coaching, he can be a lights out closer. Besides that, he is a drunken a-hole. I wouldn't want him on the team.

Hey, Old Roman! You know women who find him non-teal sexy? Avoid these women at all costs! Last time I looked I was a woman, and there is nothing sexy about this guy, IMHO.

And I totally agree with you about not wanting him on the team. My point is, I love that he's playing holy hell with the Twinks.

cheeses_h_rice
07-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Uh......................no.

10 cent brain on a million dollar body.

I'll pass, thank you.

SOXintheBURGH
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Eh.. he isn't as good looking as Pods or Garland. We have enough sex appeal.

MarySwiss
07-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Stop It! Read My Initial Post!

I Don't Want Him On The Team; I'm Just Saying That I Don't Hate Him As Much Now That He's Doing In The Twinks!

Christ!

cheeses_h_rice
07-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Stop It! Read My Initial Post!

I Don't Want Him On The Team; I'm Just Saying That I Don't Hate Him As Much Now That He's Doing In The Twinks!

Christ!

"Attractive" in a thread title 7 days before the trade deadline tends to indicate otherwise, but technically you're correct. In which case, I have to ask why you even posted this in the first place.

mr_genius
07-24-2005, 08:56 PM
well, i guess i would trade for farnsworth... but i would have a clause added to his contract stating he must do his lame tackle move on opposing players on command

MarySwiss
07-24-2005, 08:58 PM
"Attractive" in a thread title 7 days before the trade deadline tends to indicate otherwise, but technically you're correct. In which case, I have to ask why you even posted this in the first place.

Oh, geez; I don't know. Maybe because I thought this was an open discussion platform. And maybe because I thought it was kind of ironic that we Sox fans who couldn't stand the guy when he was a Cub--and that emphatically includes me--suddenly saw him save two games against the Twinks and do his best to blow a save against us. I thought there might be others who found that ironic as well and might want to, maybe, comment on it.

But you're right about my use of the word "attractive" 7 days before the trade deadline. What in the world was I thinking?

hose
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Mr. Tight Pants looked pretty good last Wed. when I was at the game.

He started the 9th inning with a 8-3 lead. 36 pitches later with the winning run up at the plate Nancy broke into NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD BYE as Farnsworth walked off the mound.:cool:

Clembasbal
07-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Oh, geez; I don't know. Maybe because I thought this was an open discussion platform. And maybe because I thought it was kind of ironic that we Sox fans who couldn't stand the guy when he was a Cub--and that emphatically includes me--suddenly saw him save two games against the Twinks and do his best to blow a save against us. I thought there might be others who found that ironic as well and might want to, maybe, comment on it.

But you're right about my use of the word "attractive" 7 days before the trade deadline. What in the world was I thinking?

I am glad he is out of Chicago. All the bars I went to had his jersey all over the place, man I hated that sight. Oh yeah, and now that he stinks against us and beats up the Twins is a good sight too!

Steakpita
07-25-2005, 12:18 PM
That got ugly quick!

I personally like Farnsworth a whole lot more now that he's not a Flub. Sure, he's a hothead, but he has a ton of talent and definitely the 'Right Stuff' to be a closer and/or excellent setup man. But I'll take Jenks and his potential over Farnsworth and his good stuff/mental handicaps any day. Would I trade for him? No. Do I think he's looking better and better? Yes. Was I **REALLY** glad I dropped him following the last two meltdowns? HELLLLS yeah! :) But he will have 20+ saves on the year, no doubt in my mind.

Baby Fisk
07-25-2005, 12:34 PM

Everyone gets a rough ride here once in a while. They're just teasing you, right gang?

Right gang? :unsure:

Hangar18
07-25-2005, 12:39 PM

Title of thread should be ....... Sox fans GLAD Farns is a Tiger

StillMissOzzie
07-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I called this jerk Nuke LaLoosh last year when he injured himself kicking a fan in the ScRub clubhouse last year. Million dollar arm and a $0.10 brain, indeed.

No thanks.

SMO
:gulp:

MarySwiss
07-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Everyone gets a rough ride here once in a while. They're just teasing you, right gang?

Right gang? :unsure:

Hey, bring it! Don't worry; I can take it...and dish it out! :wink:

But thanks for the kind words.

Iwritecode
07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Cubs, Tigers... I really couldn't care less where he's at or what he's doing.

I'm too busy having a blast watching the Sox have an amazing season. :cool:

ND_Sox_Fan
07-25-2005, 03:45 PM
well, i guess i would trade for farnsworth... but i would have a clause added to his contract stating he must do his lame tackle move on opposing players on command

I wouldn't call it a lame tackle move - it is very textbook and has made for a couple great hits. As a player, I would love to have him on my side coming out of the pen during a brawl.

mr_genius
07-25-2005, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't call it a lame tackle move - it is very textbook and has made for a couple great hits. As a player, I would love to have him on my side coming out of the pen during a brawl.

the last time he tried it he pretty much failed

the guy pretty much stepped back while Farnsworth was charging. i wouldn't really call it a good hit.

but hey, you're a ND fan so it's probably one of the best hits you've seen in years :tongue:

fquaye149
07-25-2005, 04:25 PM

I guess if there's a weak pitcher you need blindsided, Farnsworth is your man.

I'll take him as a pitcher...but stop giving him props for taking out pitchers. As soon as he takes out someone his own size i'll tip my cap.

mr_genius
07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I guess if there's a weak pitcher you need blindsided, Farnsworth is your man.

I'll take him as a pitcher...but stop giving him props for taking out pitchers. As soon as he takes out someone his own size i'll tip my cap.

true, very true... tackling some older, smaller guy that doesn't even really want to get involved in the brawl is pretty stupid and cowardly

ND_Sox_Fan
07-25-2005, 07:54 PM
true, very true... tackling some older, smaller guy that doesn't even really want to get involved in the brawl is pretty stupid and cowardly

It's not like he took out Don Zimmer.

His hit on the guy that charged the mound was teriffic - and appropriate. Any idiot that just stands around in a brawl without his head on a swivel deserves to be popped.