PDA

View Full Version : How BADLY do you want this game today (Sun)?

Bisco Stu
07-24-2005, 02:34 PM
I want a W REAL BAD.

It will :angry: me if the Red Sawx (Pilgrims) take 3 outta 4. Arrogant Red Sawx fans will see it as confirmation of their teams superiority. Plus, it could diminish the Sox confidence of knowing they can play with the big boys, at least to split a series. Also, I don't want that *****-**** puke Schilling to have another hand in a Sawx victory.

I expect a slugfest, given the weather and the pitchers involved, and the lack of runs yesterday from both teams (for some mystical reason, slugfests seem to follow or precede pitching duels).

Rocklive99
07-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Game info from the blog:

Today's Lineup

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, RF ... Konerko, DH ... Pierzynski, C ... Rowand, CF ... Gload, 1B ... Crede, 3B ... Ozuna, SS ... Contreras, RHP.

Dye Update

Jermain is much better today and could have started. Ozzie will hold him out one more day to make sure.

Pasqua's Posers
07-24-2005, 02:36 PM
As Far As I'm Concerned, Today Is A Playoff Game. They Have To Win To Sends Those _ricks A Message...

SoxSpeed22
07-24-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd rather not take anymore $*** from those f***in' Red Sox fans. Send them home with a split.

soltrain21
07-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Good to see Gload in the lineup.

BigEdWalsh
07-24-2005, 02:49 PM
This is a big game. Coming off losing 2 of 3 at home to the Tigers, it would totally suck to lose 3 of 4 at home to the Red Sox. I don't even wanna think about it.
WIN THE GAME AND ALL WILL SEEM RIGHT WITH THE WORLD
Lose and I'm avoiding the post game thread.

A_ROW33
07-24-2005, 02:54 PM
I want this game, although I can't help but have thoughts in my head that if the Red Sox win this series they will become overconfident, and then we'd surprise them later. However, I don't want to take my chances of that, I want a win today and then sweep them at their place.

skobabe8
07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
I want it too, but I dont want to diminish the term "must win" by calling it that b/c its not.

downstairs
07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
As long as we return to the 2005 White Sox, not the 2000-2004 Sox, I will be happy.

Of course I want a win, but I almost would rather see them lose a close one where they score all their runs the way we've been doing than to win 6-2 with two 3-run home runs.

Now, if we lose because all we can rely on is home runs, then I will be very, very pissed and nevous.

I want the Sox to play their game. Wins and losses will come.

TomBradley72
07-24-2005, 03:10 PM
I want this game the 3RD WEEK OF OCTOBER...means we're headed to the World Series. As far as today goes...it would be great to split...but we lost a series to the DBacks and to the DRays earlier this year and the world didn't come to an end....October is all that matters.

Whitesox4ever
07-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I want this game real bad.. we are 11 games up since the twins loss today

magic#55

Chips
07-24-2005, 04:00 PM
A big W would be very nice, don't want to say we lost five of the last six. But its not a must win, Twinkies lost to the Kittens, so were up 11 right now, maybe 11 and half after a W today.

jabrch
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I am glad we won it - but had we lost it would by no means have been a terrible sign. We are without Jermaine and Frank tonight. Now reality is we may be without Frank for a long time - but this team needs Jermaine. He's a key piece to the middle of the offense. I'm glad to get the win and the split of the 4 game series. Now we need to go on the road and play well against KC and Balt. Let's get 4 of 6 or better...

batmanZoSo
07-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Even though we split the series, I'm not all that impressed with that Boston team. Well, they can surely hit the ball, but does anyone fear that pitching staff? I don't. The only reason we didn't win 3 out of 4 is because we had a bizarre, flukey game of poor defense in the opener. Not that it's a big deal either way, but still. They're not going to shut anyone down in the playoffs, I don't think they'll go far--that's if they go.

JB98
07-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Even though we split the series, I'm not all that impressed with that Boston team. Well, they can surely hit the ball, but does anyone fear that pitching staff? I don't. The only reason we didn't win 3 out of 4 is because we had a bizarre, flukey game of poor defense in the opener. Not that it's a big deal either way, but still. They're not going to shut anyone down in the playoffs, I don't think they'll go far--that's if they go.

I agree with you. Clement, Wells, Wakefield, Arroyo and Miller: Does that sound like a World Series rotation to you? Probably not.

We did not play up to our capabilities in this series, and we still got a split. Overall, I thought our pitching staff did a fine job in all four games. We had a defensive letdown in the opener, and we had an offensive letdown on Saturday. Crap like that happens, but a lot of people were wondering whether we could quiet the Boston bats. The fact is, you're not going to shut that lineup down entirely, but our pitchers did a good job of containing them and giving us an opportunity to win each game. That should boost our confidence level.

MRKARNO
07-25-2005, 12:39 AM

I'm with you. For all the talk out of beantown about how they're unimpressed with us, I'm just as unimpressed with them. Miller was using smoke and mirrors to get us out on Saturday and Schil was very close to blowing the save. Thursday was one of the worst defensive games of the year and defense doesn't slump. If the White Sox were on their A game, I think they could have swept them, but they were not and they still managed a split. Come playoff time, I would not be quaking in my boots if we had to face them based on this series.

elrod
07-25-2005, 12:40 AM
The Boston Red Sox are a shell of their 2004 selves. Sure, their lineup is just as potent, but their pitching staff is a joke compared with the one that threw Schilling, Pedro and Derek Lowe out there. I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Sox didn't even make the playoffs. The Yankees face a similar conundrum. Their lineup is even more potent that Boston's, but their pitching staff is even more decimated. And then there's Baltimore who seems to have discovered that they aren't that good in the end. All in all, the AL East is a weak division.

The Wild Card is going to come down to Oakland and Minnesota - unless Oakland catches the Angels.