PDA

View Full Version : Payroll Expansion

jabrch
07-24-2005, 11:07 AM
It is time for JR to put his money where his mouth is, right? If there is an opportunity to make a SMART move that is payroll expanding, now is the time. If not, if no deals are out there that are sensible, then he should have a warchest built up for the offseason.

Anyone care to make a guess as to what our payroll will be at the end of this season?

GiveMeSox
07-24-2005, 01:14 PM
It is time for JR to put his money where his mouth is, right? If there is an opportunity to make a SMART move that is payroll expanding, now is the time. If not, if no deals are out there that are sensible, then he should have a warchest built up for the offseason.

Anyone care to make a guess as to what our payroll will be at the end of this season?

It was about 74.5 mil opending day. At this point in time any player we pick up we only have to pay about 1/3 of their season salary. So if we pick up a guy whose salary calls for 9 mil we have to pay him 3 mil. So i expect maybe 3-4 mil max extra.

RallyBowl
07-24-2005, 04:24 PM
If he doesn't spend more money, he should Cell. I mean sell.

DaveIsHere
07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Jerry has said multiple times that Money is not a factor if it puts us over the top.

We will see what happens.

SOXintheBURGH
07-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Any minute now, in a dialogue with KW:
:reinsy
"Do it. Do it."

Reinsdorf isn't Bill Wirtz, he'll add payroll. This year has been so special, and JR knows it.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
It is time for JR to put his money where his mouth is, right? .

Sounds like you have doubts? JR's history demonstrates he has been willing to expand payroll when the team is in the hunt. Can't see why that would change especially after Kenny has FINALLY learned the importance of a good manager. If Kenny and Jerry would do it for JM, I'd be stunned if they wouldn't do it for OG.