Are unwanted?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/662440.asp#BODY

oldcomiskey
11-24-2001, 07:54 PM
Im telling you Alvin has an ulterior motive here

just aks yourself one question----who is Milwaukee's chief competitor

Jerry_Manuel
11-24-2001, 10:38 PM
Screw the Devil Rays, buy the Sox. Keep Minnesota and the Expos in the league and give the 500 million to Jerry and tell him to get lost.

Jerry_Manuel
11-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Im telling you Alvin has an ulterior motive here

just aks yourself one question----who is Milwaukee's chief competitor

Of course he does, you think he gives a **** about the direction of baseball? Getting rid of Minnesota means more money for him.

voodoochile
11-25-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Of course he does, you think he gives a **** about the direction of baseball? Getting rid of Minnesota means more money for him.

Actually, the Twins are about 5 hours (by car) from Milwaukee. The cheif competitors are the Flubs and Sox here in Chicago. I don't think that many people will drive from Minneapolis to Milwaukee to catch Brewer games if the Twins fold. If you were doing that drive wouldn't you rather stay on the road for an additional 90 minutes and see either a potential championship team or the oldest park in baseball while visiting a real city?

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Actually, the Twins are about 5 hours (by car) from Milwaukee. The cheif competitors are the Flubs and Sox here in Chicago. I don't think that many people will drive from Minneapolis to Milwaukee to catch Brewer games if the Twins fold. If you were doing that drive wouldn't you rather stay on the road for an additional 90 minutes and see either a potential championship team or the oldest park in baseball while visiting a real city?

Well then perhaps tv ratings. I'm no expert so I'll keep my mouth shut. The Sox are close to being championship caliber but they need consistant pitching and good defense. What they have now isn't going to get the job done.

Daver
11-25-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well then perhaps tv ratings. I'm no expert so I'll keep my mouth shut. The Sox are close to being championship caliber but they need consistant pitching and good defense. What they now isn't going to get the job done.

The whole mess with the Twins is Pohlad wanting out and his buddy Bud offering him three times what the team is worth.
There is nothing more to add.

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by daver
The whole mess with the Twins is Pohlad wanting out and his buddy Bud offering him three times what the team is worth.

You forgot your saying Daver.

voodoochile
11-25-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by daver

Great Take, Daver... I have to agree. In this case, I would bet good money that you seem to know a heck of a lot (or at least have added 2 and 2 together successfully). Baseball is the original Old Boys Club and once again we are seeing the results...

Daver
11-25-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Great Take, Daver... I have to agree. In this case, I would bet good money that you seem to know a heck of a lot (or at least have added 2 and 2 together successfully). Baseball is the original Old Boys Club and once again we are seeing the results...

But then again what the hell do I know?

oldcomiskey
11-25-2001, 11:11 AM
I got my info from ESPN--but I think Daver may be closer to the truth---but then what the hell does he know

Daver
11-25-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I got my info from ESPN--but I think Daver may be closer to the truth---but then what the hell does he know

Exactly!

ma-gaga
11-25-2001, 03:48 PM
Money rules. Bud likes to talk about Pohlad putting up 83% of the cost 26 times to Minnesota's Legislature, but amazingly enough, it's a lie.

It's all about money. It's sad that baseball has regressed to this. Best sport in the world reduced to a money grab.

:payrod
maybe i can buy the Twins...