PDA

View Full Version : Baseball road trip ... help!

Sly
07-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Starting next Friday, I'll be embarking on an eight-day trip that will take me to six stadiums plus Cooperstown for the induction of Ryne Sandberg and Wade Boggs. The best part of the trip is that I'll be seeing the final game of the Sox appearance in Baltimore.

I haven't been to any of the stadiums except for Camden and am looking for some pointers. I'm not talking about where to eat or where to stay - I'm looking for info on what's the parking like? What's the best place to scalp a ticket? Hidden stuff like deals or items that only people who have been there would know. Also, I've never been to Cooperstown for induction weekend so any pointers on that would be appreciated as well ... Thanks in advance ..

My itinerary

Yankee Stadium
Cooperstown
Camden Yards
Citizens Bank Ballpark
PNC Park
Jacobs Field
Comerica Park.

chisoxfan64
07-23-2005, 06:52 PM
I loved Cooperstown, I could have spent a month there. I stayed at a place called the Deer Run motel, nice little place. Scenery is fantastic there mountains everywhere. I really enjoyed all the little shops in downtown Cooperstown. I picked up some cool vintage sox stickers and signs. Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

joe_tansey2004
07-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Im trying to go to Yankee Stadium and Fenway next year. I just got back from Bush Stadium today. I went to the Cards Cubs on Friday.....awesome stadium. Cards fans hate the Cubs more than we do. Im trying to post some pics in the photo gallery but Im having trouble.

Malgar 12
07-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Jacobs Field has a 4 dollars off weekday 15 dollar tickets with specially marked pepsi cans. Not sure where you find the cans but I would suggest the grocery store. :D:

PNC has ticket discounts for College students with ID on weekday games.

Hope those help.

StillMissOzzie
07-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Couldn't hurt to try each team's website to look for special ticket discounts, too.

SMO
:gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
07-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Jacobs Field has a 4 dollars off weekday 15 dollar tickets with specially marked pepsi cans. Not sure where you find the cans but I would suggest the grocery store. :D:

Hope those help.

Another Penn Stater at WSI!! :gulp:

Penguins games and Buccos games with Student ID.. can't beat that. Ever catch Curve games? Used to be $5 with PSU ID, it was awesome.

skobabe8
07-24-2005, 12:22 PM

Hope those help.

I was gonna post this. I made a trip there last year, and the lady at the ticket booth didnt mention this and allowed us to purchase full price tickets without knowing about the promotion. But in all fairness, its not her job to I guess. I should have researched it beforehand. :redface:

ilsox7
07-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Not sure if it's changed in 2 years, but the Jake also used to have $5 tickets. Buy them and then stand on the Home Run Porch in left...such a great deal!

Clembasbal
07-24-2005, 03:06 PM
As for Cooperstown, I have been there 10 times at least and that place never ceases to amaze me (I have family in Gloversville...45 minutes away). Anyway, go there the day before the induction ceremony so that you can get autographs. About 60% of the alive hall-of-famers come back for the induction. So, the day before they go to all the small shops around the area (8-10 blocks) and sign autographs. Sometimes they charge, sometimes they don't. Depends on where they are signing and who they area. I got Bob Feller, Jim Palmer, Joe Morgan, George Brett and many more for free, but Pete Rose, Ernie Banks and some others I paid for. IT depends on who you like and who you want...you can basically get them all. They also have a golf course that all the returning HOF members play the day of or the day before the induction ceremony. I am sure that it is the Saturday though. And they have tons of people line up outside the walls and watch them (I think the club is private) but you can get autos there in the parking lot too and watch some of the best ballplayers golf.

Just some tips, take them as you will. Cooperstown, though totally awesome, the HOF experience and neighborhood is good for only one day I suppose. If you stay in the mountains or by the lakes then there is more, but I am sure you are only there for the HOF. So don't stay more than a day or two.

Good luck and enjoy.

the joker
07-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Road trip sound very cool. I will be in Chicago last week of August/first week of September. Any one have passwords for Friday nites ticket offers on ticketmaster? Coming from L.A.

the joker
07-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Road trip sound very cool. I will be in Chicago last week of August/first week of September. Going to Cubs/Dodgers,Bears/Browns, White Sox/Tigers. Any one have passwords for Friday nites ticket offers on ticketmaster? Coming from L.A.:cool:

Malgar 12
07-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Another Penn Stater at WSI!! :gulp:

Penguins games and Buccos games with Student ID.. can't beat that. Ever catch Curve games? Used to be $5 with PSU ID, it was awesome.

Yeah I've gone to one game this summer in Altoona, its a nice park. I'm hoping to go a couple more times this summer.

State College is getting their own single A team next year, that will be great.
They're sharing the park with PSU baseball. Mt. Nittany with be the view behind center field. www.statecollegebaseball.com

Malgar 12
07-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Not sure if it's changed in 2 years, but the Jake also used to have $5 tickets. Buy them and then stand on the Home Run Porch in left...such a great deal!

They're six bucks now, I went to the Sox 7-1 victory last week. Still a great price.

ilsox7
07-24-2005, 06:38 PM
They're six bucks now, I went to the Sox 7-1 victory last week. Still a great price.

Yea it's a great deal. Especially now that they don't sell out, I imagine it's relatively easy to be on the railing on the Home Run Porch. It's a fun way to watch a ballgame!

SOXintheBURGH
07-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah I've gone to one game this summer in Altoona, its a nice park. I'm hoping to go a couple more times this summer.

State College is getting their own single A team next year, that will be great.
They're sharing the park with PSU baseball. Mt. Nittany with be the view behind center field. www.statecollegebaseball.com (http://www.statecollegebaseball.com)

Nice, I'll have to make it up to the ol' alma mater.

For those of you not paying attention, the reason Penn State teams use the monicker "Nittany Lions" is because it lays along a mountain called Mt. Nittany -an Indian word for "lone mountain."

cubhater
07-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Starting next Friday, I'll be embarking on an eight-day trip that will take me to six stadiums plus Cooperstown for the induction of Ryne Sandberg and Wade Boggs.

Thinking of all the Cub and Red Sox fans there wants to make me...:chunks

You'll love PNC and Comerica. Tiger's offer half price ticket coupons at a local furniture store. Wish I had a link and remember the name of the furniture store. Lots of parking at Comerica. Go to the underground opera house parking lot behind center field. It's only $5 and easy out. My favorite drinking establishment there is Elmwoods. It's a diner-looking place behind left field with an outdoor seating area and it doesn't get as packed as Hockeytown.