PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,881

Hangar18
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
At the game last nite, there were a group of Red Sox fans to my right, one of whom was very disparaging in his remarks towards the SOX players and bullpen.
After that play where SPod went to the LF line to make a play, only to barely miss it in the stands.......... RedSox fan says "Podsednik, you suck as a leftfielder". I immediately turned to him and said ....."Say man, did you see where he was coming from? He was in leftcenter, Manny would still be pulling his pants up trying to get over there". Everyone laughed and at that moment......ManSoo Lee happened to look up at our section to wave to someone, when the RedSox "fan" yelled "ManSoo you suck". That got everyone on to this guy, hurling insults back at him, with his RedSox cap on.

His behavior was very suspicious, So I asked him a question about Gabe Kapler ...... and he had no idea what I was talking about ...... Til I point-blank asked him if he was a Cub "fan" and he said YES he was, and the RedSox were "always my 2nd favorite team". I said yeah right, you dont know anything about them "both our teams have more history ...." and more mumbo jumbo at which I ignored him thereafter. I did note that his comments are all suspiciously Tribune-esque.

Best moment though, was after the game, there were about 4 your girls, all about 13 or 14 yrs old, junior high for sure, all wearing RedSox tshirts, caps, and a few homemade signs. We were all celebrating the WIN, and they were glumly looking at all the SOX fans, when the girl says to me and my buddy Bill "Bandwagon! Bandwagon". What a little bimbo. My buddy couldnt believe it ........... I told him the Irony of it all, is that theyre not real redsox fans, theyre cub fans pretending theyre the redsox.

SoxFan76
07-23-2005, 01:35 PM
This series might as well be another Cubs/Sox series, because you know all those Red Sox "fans" are actually just Cub fans who think they have something in common with the Red Sox. Ok, they do. Both teams and both the fanbases are incredibly annoying.

nedlug
07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
This series might as well be another Cubs/Sox series, because you know all those Red Sox "fans" are actually just Cub fans who think they have something in common with the Red Sox. Ok, they do. Both teams and both the fanbases are incredibly annoying.

Well, the Red Sox did win a championship in the last 80 years....

TheOldRoman
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Hangar, I feel your pain.
I sat in the upperdeck last night, and you could really tell who the real Red Sox fans were. About half of the Red Sox "fans" there were actually Cubs "fans". The Red Sox fans seemed infinately more intelligent than Cubs fans, and were also less annoying. Most of the Bostonians were families, and most of the Cubs fans posing as Red Sox fans were frat boys and sorority skanks. I was sitting three over from a Cubs fan, who was with two buddies who were apparently White Sox fans. This guy was annoying the hell out of me. First of all, he was a "red sox" fan despite the fact that he was wearing a Cubs hat. He talked about the Red Sox pretending like he knew any of their players not named Ortiz, Ramirez, or Damon. Here was the highlight of his comments:

Sox fans: Look at this place, this is beautiful. They have changed the park so much its unbelievable. It is like night and day from when it opened.
Moron: Yeah, well this place has more cracks in 10 years than Wrigley has in 90.
:?: That about says it all. Despite the fact that the Tribune's architectural critic boos the Cell, it goes through intense safety tests every year. Tests which the Urinal doesn't go through because it isn't GOVERNMENT OWNED. Also, are there ANY cracks on the cell? I havent found one. Just a couple of crackHEADS wearing blue caps.

He also yelled "Cubbies" during the seventh inning stretch, and talked about how this place was nothing compared to Oriole Park. He told his friends "You need to go to Pitt, their park is unbelievable. When asked if he went there, he said no. I was shocked to find that fairweather stooges, Cubs fans in particular, completely believe what ESPN and the national sports media tells them. They can form "expert" opinions on parks they haven't been to by hearing the media talk about it. Gee, you would seem to think that the media told them what to think about the Cell, too.

Oh, and some Red Sox "fans" behind me showed how much they know about the team by yelling to Tony G "c'mon Graffino". I guess a four cyllable name is just too long for a Cubs fan to memorize.

I also sat in front of a faux-White Sox fan. He was wearing a White Sox hat with a "Who's your papi?" shirt. He talked about how the two Sox were always his favorite teams, and then said he hopes the White Sox lose. "They are going to win the division anyway, WE need it to stay ahead of the Yankees." Would any real Sox fan EVER root against his own team? Looks like the bandwagon is starting to fill with stooges.

ChiSoxRowand
07-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey Hanger, How many fans have you seen the past couple games with a Cubs shirt and a Red Sox hat, or vice versa?

C-Dawg
07-23-2005, 05:24 PM
We were all celebrating the WIN, and they were glumly looking at all the SOX fans, when the girl says to me and my buddy Bill "Bandwagon! Bandwagon". What a little bimbo. My buddy couldnt believe it ........... .

They had the audacity to call you guys Bandwagon fans? This coming from a couple girls who probably never even heard of the red Sox before the playoffs last year. I'm guessing they jumped off the Cub bandwagon and hopped right up on the Red Sox bandwagon.

Orta 4-6-3
07-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I, for one, am finding this new phenomenon of Cubs-Red Sox "synthesis" very annoying. These fans are of the same demographic, so beloved here at WSI --- "frat boys and sorority skanks", as the The Old Roman aptly put it.

While there has always been a good representation of Red Sox fans in the park when the Carmines are in town, it used to be almost all expatriates. Now, unless a lot more young New Englanders are going to school out here lately, the majority seem to be Cubs fans in Red Sox clothing. Not only are they ignorant of the Boston baseball history pre-2003, but dissing the White Sox and the Cell is as important, if not more so, as cheering for their "team(s)". There will always be bandwagon jumpers for any team of any sport that wins a championship, but I think the Eastern Seaboard Propoganda Network and a "that's where the party is" mentality is as much to blame.

How can we combat this insidious trend?!

TornLabrum
07-23-2005, 05:54 PM

Sic Daver on them with his bow.

MarySwiss
07-23-2005, 06:09 PM
They had the audacity to call you guys Bandwagon fans? This coming from a couple girls who probably never even heard of the red Sox before the playoffs last year. I'm guessing they jumped off the Cub bandwagon and hopped right up on the Red Sox bandwagon.

Well, you sort of have to feel sorry for them. Losers. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you're a casual fan whose team sucks. Weren't you guys listening/watching back in 2003 during the Flubs playoffs? Most of those "long-suffering" fans that were interviewed looked to be about 12. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but only a little bit; maybe they were 20.) Diehard my a**.

ChiSoxPatF
07-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey, if these dipsh**s want to spend their money on tickets, food, and beer at the Cell then all the better. Its money going to our payroll that these idiots are contributing.... just as long as they keep their mouths shut. If they feel the need to run their mouths then a public shaming is more than warranted though.

Dick Allen
07-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I posted this in another thread, and I'll say it again: Get the ushers to check these losers' tickets to make sure they're in the right seats. Even if they are in the right seats, it's always fun seeing them get hassled.

CubKilla
07-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Sic Daver on them with his bow.

I was gonna suggest thinning the herd also :bandance:

PeteWard
07-25-2005, 04:27 AM

Next time give them some of their own medicine: vomit on their shoes!

DumpJerry
07-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I ran into a fair number of people who were from Mass at the games I went to this weekend. This was a weekend series, so it was easy for people to get away to Chicago to take in their team.

When I was at Friday's game, Pods led off the 4th with a ground out. I muttered "when will we get a hit?" The guy (Red Sox fan) behind me then observed "we have a perfect game going." The next pitch was sent deep by ARow. I thanked the guy.

At Saturday's game, there was an annoying Ferret-face BoSox fan in front of me I really wanted to take out with Daver's bow. He kept yelling about how much he hated Carl, called him a child beater, and complained that the "fat (censored) beer vendor won't come back" despite there were other, non-fat, beer vendors all around. This guy was with several Sox fans (including his girlfriend) and complained about the fact that he was "surrounded by White Sox fans" on his cell phone as he tried to get some friend(s) of his to come down and take two seats that a Sox fan couple had left momentarily for food. The guy might have been a Flub fan, he left after the 7th and took his friends with him.