PDA

View Full Version : September Callups

jabrch
07-23-2005, 12:18 PM
So who gets called up when we can expand rosters?

Tracy?

McCarthy?

Fields?

Anderson?

Sweeney?

Borch?

Baj?

Rogo?

Any thoughts?

He gone
07-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Hopefully we'll have home field advantage thru-out the playoffs wrapped up by Sept. 1st so any call-ups can actually get some playing time and the regulars can get some rest. I'd like to see Anderson, Bajenaru, Borchard, McCarthy and Reyes get the call, but who knows :?:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8374/0706051101xa.jpg

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/3080/0706051118sy.jpg

delben91
07-23-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd guess Anderson, Borchard, McCarthy, and maybe Adkins, since we all know Ozzie's a big fan of his.

I'd love to see Sweeney, but that doesn't make much sense from the Sox perspective.

PAPChiSox729
07-23-2005, 02:39 PM
McCarthy and Anderson are the two most likely, IMO. I would like to see Jeff Bajenaru up here again to see how he does. Heck, it would be cool to see Rogo up here too.

ChiSoxRowand
07-23-2005, 03:54 PM
My guess would be Anderson, McCarthy, Baj, and Borchard.

my5thbench
07-23-2005, 05:43 PM
perhaps Willie Harris...or will he have been traded by then???

jabrch
07-23-2005, 05:46 PM
perhaps Willie Harris...or will he have been traded by then???

Hopefully - He Gawnnnn

Chez
07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Don't forget a another catcher. Burke (again)?

RKMeibalane
07-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Borchard, Burke, Anderson, and McCarthy.

Steakpita
07-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I wish we'd trade Borchard!

AnthonyGiacalone
07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I can't see any reason to bring Borchard up. He's done.

I'd like to see Anderson, McCarthy and Bajenaru. Plus, Greg Norton and Rosy Brown who have just killed the ball down here in Charlotte and Josh Fields (no, not him, the good one, the pitcher). You might consider giving Leo Daigle a few MLB at bats but he's not ready yet.

The big lead also gives us the flexibility to look at a couple of Birmingham guys, like SS Andy Gonzalez and maybe see if Ryan Meaux (now that he's finally healthy) might be able to be an major league LOOGY.

--Anthony

Ol' No. 2
07-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Remember, September call-ups still have to be added to the 40-man roster. Guys like Rogowski, Tracey and McCarthy, being already on the roster, are probably sure things. But to call up someone not on the 40-man roster, they may have to drop someone to make room, and that might necessitate waivers in some cases. I'd guess that there will be few, if any callups not already on the 40-man roster. Anderson is a likely exception.

Flight #24
07-25-2005, 01:31 PM
I can't see any reason to bring Borchard up. He's done.

--Anthony

Borchard's almost guaranteed a callup because IIRC, the Sox have to put him on th 25-man after this year or lose him. So they want to demonstrate that he can play so that he had some trade value. Plus, he's actually not doing too badly in AAA this year after a horrible start, so there's reason to think he might actually be able to not suck horribly.

AnthonyGiacalone
07-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Borchard's almost guaranteed a callup because IIRC, the Sox have to put him on th 25-man after this year or lose him. So they want to demonstrate that he can play so that he had some trade value. Plus, he's actually not doing too badly in AAA this year after a horrible start, so there's reason to think he might actually be able to not suck horribly.

I agree with you that Borchard will get called up. I just said that there is no reason to since he can't play this game.

I would love it if he could "demonstrate that he can play" but unfortunately he can't. So, I'd rather not let him further demonstrate that he stinks.

Look, there are, I don't know, 50 guys in AAA who can hit .255/.327/.470 in AAA. Then you have to factor in that Borchard is 26 (!) and in his fourth (!) year in Charlotte. They you have to realize that the power alleys in Charlotte are 345 (!) feet. All of this leads me to the conclusion that Borchard will not be protected. And, I for one, am glad.

maurice
07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Likely: McCarthy (if he's still here), Walker (unfortunately), Burke (or another C if he's not healthy), Anderson, and Baj.
Possible: Adkins, Diaz, Munoz, Borchard, or Lopez.
Very unlikely: Tracy, Fields, Sweeney, Rogo, Daigle, and Brown.

Randar68
07-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Borchard, Burke, Anderson, and McCarthy.

Rogo's got a pretty decent chance to get the call as well. He could be battling Gload for the 1st baseman's job next spring...

the gooch
07-25-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3090&stc=1
Anderson needs to be here by
september 2nd: mullet night.

professionalfan
07-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Isn't it usually the case when a team is doing really well, they call up less guys? Or do you think they will call up more because of our huge lead (if it stays huge)?

professionalfan
07-26-2005, 02:34 AM
And since we will be in the playoffs, will we only call up guys with experience?

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I'd like to see Anderson, Young, Sweeney and perhaps Gonzalez just so they can experience winning. Anderson, Young and Sweeney will likely be our lost-cost outfield within 3 years. The lion's share of payroll going to our dominating starting pitching - as it should. In any case, the youngsters can get a taste of being a part of winning with the big club.

Madvora
07-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I'd like to see the Sox try out some of the starting pitching they have down there. If we've already clinched, then I'd like to see what we got. Maybe give a start to Gio Gonzalez, maybe even Diaz or Munoz or whoever else they have down there.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Rogo's got a pretty decent chance to get the call as well. He could be battling Gload for the 1st baseman's job next spring...

That's a good point, considering that Konerko is likley gone, and Frank can only play 1B in spots (NL stadium interleague games).