PDA

View Full Version : Late story from Wed

Bobby Thigpen
07-23-2005, 12:43 AM
I realize this is very dated, but here goes.

I took my dad to the Wed game against the Tigers as a sort of belated Father's Day gift. He's a lifelong Sox fan and hadn't been to the park in 2 years, so I thought when I bought the tickets back in April that it would be nice for him to see the improvements made. Luckily it turned into an extra bonus with the great season the Sox are having.

Anyway while at the game I ran into the worst kind of fan in my book (even worse than the drunk Cubs "fans" that are constantly at the Cell). It was a guy sitting directly in front of me with his ugly girlfriend that he was trying to impress with his scant baseball knowledge. When Maggs came up in the first and recieved a loud round of boos, this idiot yells very loudly to those around us "It's not his fault he got traded!!" He then proceeded to try to inform his lovely lady friend that Maggs was screwed because the Sox traded him from the only team he ever wanted to play for.

I quickly looked at my dad for his reaction to this statement, and the only thing he could say to me with a straight face was "They shouldn't let stupid people breed."

TimoPerez
07-23-2005, 12:48 AM
I quickly looked at my dad for his reaction to this statement, and the only thing he could say to me with a straight face was "They shouldn't let stupid people breed."

From what I gather, your Dad is the man.:wink:

southsidegirl
07-23-2005, 12:51 AM

I took my dad to the Wed game against the Tigers as a sort of belated Father's Day gift. He's a lifelong Sox fan and hadn't been to the park in 2 years, so I thought when I bought the tickets back in April that it would be nice for him to see the improvements made. Luckily it turned into an extra bonus with the great season the Sox are having.

Anyway while at the game I ran into the worst kind of fan in my book (even worse than the drunk Cubs "fans" that are constantly at the Cell). It was a guy sitting directly in front of me with his ugly girlfriend that he was trying to impress with his scant baseball knowledge. When Maggs came up in the first and recieved a loud round of boos, this idiot yells very loudly to those around us "It's not his fault he got traded!!" He then proceeded to try to inform his lovely lady friend that Maggs was screwed because the Sox traded him from the only team he ever wanted to play for.

Hmm...kind of like the 4 guys who were sitting in front of me. One guy took his shirt off(he had grey chest and back hair) and one kept leaning on the railing(they were in the first UD row and we were in the second) and putting his head right where home plate was.

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 01:16 AM

I'm not that ugly and the guy was not my boyfriend, but my cousin.

scottjanssens
07-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Hmm...kind of like the 4 guys who were sitting in front of me. One guy took his shirt off(he had grey chest and back hair) and one kept leaning on the railing(they were in the first UD row and we were in the second) and putting his head right where home plate was.

I get that a lot, and even moreso with people putting their feet up. I ask them politely to move or if they lean forward, could they lean to the side as well. So far everyone's been good about it.

TheOldRoman
07-23-2005, 03:28 AM
:tealpolice:
At least I hope so. Red on BT's face if you aren't kidding.:redface:

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 12:28 PM
:tealpolice:
At least I hope so. Red on BT's face if you aren't kidding.:redface:

:cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
07-23-2005, 12:31 PM

i hate sitting in the ud right behind big, fat, 'leaners' that makes me hot!:angry:

cbone
07-23-2005, 12:48 PM

I thought he was both. :tongue: Sorry couldn't resist....

Bobby Thigpen
07-23-2005, 06:10 PM
PH 13- Then why did you guys make out in front of me for about an entire inning late in the game? And no that shouldn't be in teal.

Also I forgot another jag bag I saw at the game. He was a section over from me, wearing a Sosa Cubs jersey and a Sox hat. As if that wasn't bad enough he proceeded to cheer loudly every time the Sox scored, despite his brand new Sox hat he was wearing.(Can we say bandwagon? I knew you could.) Also late in the ninth he began wildly cheering as the Sox came back. He really just needed a severe beating.

And yes Timo, my dad is the man.

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 06:41 PM
PH 13- Then why did you guys make out in front of me for about an entire inning late in the game? And no that shouldn't be in teal.

We're kissing cousins, like cbone suggested. :wink:

Bobby Thigpen
07-23-2005, 07:04 PM
I thought you played for the "other team". Did you get traded like Maggs?:smile:

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 07:34 PM
I thought you played for the "other team". Did you get traded like Maggs?:smile:

Hee hee. Good call. Of course I'm just messing around. I didn't think the teal was necessary!

Iwritecode
07-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Hee hee. Good call. Of course I'm just messing around. I didn't think the teal was necessary!

If PH13 has grey chest and back hair then I'm a Barbra Bush.

:D:

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 08:29 PM
If PH13 has grey chest and back hair then I'm a Barbra Bush.

:D:

You haven't seen me with my shirt off...that I can remember. :redface: