PDA

View Full Version : Ron Kittle book signing.

chisoxmike
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't know if this is posted elsewhere...

Ron Kittle will be signing his book "Tales from the White Sox Dugout" Saturday July 30 from 1pm-2:30pm at the Borders in LaGrange. 1 N. LaGrange Rd. The phone # there is (708) 579-9660

Just thought I should let you guys know.

Madvora
07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
That's hilarious. I just got my dad that book for Father's Day and my parents still live in LaGrange.

Thanks for the info!

soxwon
07-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Dont jump on me for this but

I know he is a great guy, and he hit a few homers,
but Kittle wasn't really a great player was He?

i guess since he is local, we support him more, but
i think a book by Dick allen, or greg Luzinski would be more interesting.

those guys were Great players.

Brian26
07-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Dont jump on me for this but

I know he is a great guy, and he hit a few homers,
but Kittle wasn't really a great player was He?

i guess since he is local, we support him more, but
i think a book by Dick allen, or greg Luzinski would be more interesting.

those guys were Great players.

I really don't follow your line of reasoning. I don't think a guy's stats or performance on the field mean he can't write a good book. For what it's worth, Luzinski's career wasn't that much longer or more prolific than Kittle's anyway. I think a mediocre player who sticks around for a long time and has many life experiences on the road could write just as interesting if not more interesting book than a guy that happens to be labeled a "superstar." It is quite possible that a book by Mario Mendoza would be better than a book by Barry Bonds.

Erik The Red
07-22-2005, 06:37 PM
I read the book, and found it to be very entertaining.

soxwon
07-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I really don't follow your line of reasoning. I don't think a guy's stats or performance on the field mean he can't write a good book. For what it's worth, Luzinski's career wasn't that much longer or more prolific than Kittle's anyway. I think a mediocre player who sticks around for a long time and has many life experiences on the road could write just as interesting if not more interesting book than a guy that happens to be labeled a "superstar." It is quite possible that a book by Mario Mendoza would be better than a book by Barry Bonds.

ok fair enough, im sure its a good book too.
but i just never understood the hoopla of Ron Kittle, that's all.

Brian26
07-22-2005, 09:20 PM
ok fair enough, im sure its a good book too.
but i just never understood the hoopla of Ron Kittle, that's all.

Who says there is "Ron Kittle hoopla"? He's an ex-player that wrote a book. Nobody's claiming he was a superstar player. He was a rookie of the year, had some monsterous homers, and was part of a memorable period in Sox history.

Yes, I agree with you....outside of Chicago he's no more important than Rob Deer.

Daver
07-22-2005, 09:21 PM
He's the last White Sox player to win the ROTY award.

Brian26
07-22-2005, 09:25 PM
He's the last White Sox player to win the ROTY award.

Ozzie won it in '85.

Daver
07-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Ozzie won it in '85.

I'm still overlooking that, but that's just me.

:)

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-22-2005, 10:02 PM
speak of the devil! today i just picked up 8 men out, and was contimplating tales from the white sox dugout. 8 men out was cheaper :tongue:

mike squires
07-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I think that it's overlooked that Kitty was injured a lot during his career. He even played through a lot of them. I wish I could see how many HR's he had hit injury free.

alohafri
07-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Who says there is "Ron Kittle hoopla"? He's an ex-player that wrote a book. Nobody's claiming he was a superstar player. He was a rookie of the year, had some monsterous homers, and was part of a memorable period in Sox history.

Yes, I agree with you....outside of Chicago he's no more important than Rob Deer.

Oh please! Don't get the Rob Deer/Bill Buckner debates started here too!

ElevenUp
07-23-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't get my books signed by white people.:tongue:

StillMissOzzie
07-23-2005, 10:11 PM
It is quite possible that a book by Mario Mendoza would be better than a book by Barry Bonds.

It depends on who told the truth.

SMO
:gulp: