PDA

View Full Version : Trade Jose?

ChiSoxPatF
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
With the rumors abound about AJ Burnett for Marte and McCarthy (ESPN.com says the Sox are now the center of the Marlin's attention), do you think we'd just turn around and trade Contreras for relief help then?

With Burnett off the trading wire, wouldn't Jose be the hottest commodity on the starter market? (as sad as that is) Maybe Guardado and another reliever?

A_ROW33
07-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Jose would not be the hottest starter on the market. Should the sox acquire another starter they could then trade one of the cubans or move one to the pen. With Jose primerily being a two pitch pitcher I think he'd be moved to the pen (although I'd prefer Guardado torn rotator cuff and all)

ChiSoxPatF
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Jose would not be the hottest starter on the market. Should the sox acquire another starter they could then trade one of the cubans or move one to the pen. With Jose primerily being a two pitch pitcher I think he'd be moved to the pen (although I'd prefer Guardado torn rotator cuff and all)

I was thinking the same thing but who would be better than Jose on the trade market without Schmidt being available? Ted Lilly? Its a wash between those two - relative consistancy (Lilly) vs occassional domination (Contreras).

sircaffey1
07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Spin, Jose to San Fran for Vizquel and a reliever...

RowandKicksAss07
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM

Its almost a wash salary wise with Jose's being a little higher, the Sox could offer money with the recent revenue they have been piling in. I would love to see Omar on the SouthSide...I know I'm not the only one who feels likes its a slow, painful death to watch Uribe swing the bat!

LVSoxFan
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
The way I look at this is: who wouldn't I mind seeing go? I guess that's the way I would look at it. And the answer: Contreras.

I'm not too sold on El Duque yet but between the two, I'd ditch Jose. That guy pisses me off.

I don't mind Marte too much but my fellow game-goers hate him. I guess Cotts would be the go-to leftie then in the pen?

MisterB
07-22-2005, 06:29 PM

I wasn't aware the Giants had a reliever worth trading for...:?:

A_ROW33
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I wasn't aware the Giants had a reliever worth trading for...:?:
Haven't you heard of LaTroy Hawkins??

Crede_For_Me
07-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey guys I had an account here but then I forgot it so I know what is what, but If I am out of line just tell me. Anyway I think that contreras is an average pitcher that will be glorified to a star with the lack of pitcher and we could get a wagner or guardado. If we take some of Contreras' salary.

DSpivack
07-22-2005, 06:43 PM
trade Jose for a reliever? You people are nuts. You want to rely on El Duque every day for our #4 and who for our #5, Brandon McCarthy? Jose is not THAT bad.

Crede_For_Me
07-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Ok then trade El Duque to the Yankees for Mariano Rivera.