PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Media Continues to Tamper, seek Kearnes/Damon

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
The chicago media is really something else .........
doing pieces on Johnny Damon and Austin Kearnes.
Sample this nugget "if austin kearnes wants to come to the cubs, and people behind the scenes insist he does......."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sside22.html

SOXPHILE
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
This is just more examples of how, over and over and over again, everybody seems to think that everyone wants to play on the Cubs, and that every other MLB teams wants the Cubs to win, and in fact, owes it to them to make sure they give them all the best players via one sided trade.

-Every time some high profile players will be up for free-agency, Cub fans, and Cub media start the propoganda rolling on how this player would look great in a Cub uniform, and he probably wants to play here.

-Every year when the trade deadline approaches, Cub fans start with the "Uhhh...duhhh... we should get Derek Jeter and Alex Rodrriguez from the Yankees, and we could send them Michael Wurtz...yeah, they should make that trade with 'us' ", or something to that effect.

Heffalump
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
I heard that Luis Aparicio just got a fresh hip replacement and is thinking about a comeback. Insiders say that he hopes to sign with the Sox. KW should jump on this, as it would allow him to meet the well thought out plans of many at WSI to acquire a top shelf replacement for Uribe and then platoon Uribe/Crede at third.

Hey !! What about bringing Minnie back for another decade? We need another bat for the 3/4 spot, don't we?

CHISOXFAN13
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Kearns sucks so he'd fit in perfectly on the North Side.

maurice
07-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Seriously, if they want Kearns, why don't they just trade for him? The Reds obviously don't like him.

Cowhead418
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
This is just more examples of how, over and over and over again, everybody seems to think that everyone wants to play on the Cubs, and that every other MLB teams wants the Cubs to win, and in fact, owes it to them to make sure they give them all the best players via one sided trade.

-Every time some high profile players will be up for free-agency, Cub fans, and Cub media start the propoganda rolling on how this player would look great in a Cub uniform, and he probably wants to play here.

-Every year when the trade (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=8979)deadline approaches, Cub fans start with the "Uhhh...duhhh... we should get Derek Jeter and Alex Rodrriguez from the Yankees, and we could send them Michael Wurtz...yeah, they should make that trade with 'us' ", or something to that effect.
I also hate the dribble from the Chicago media that claims every player in the world dreams of being able to play in Wrigley Field, home of the great and lovable Cubbies.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Is that how they got Nomar??

ChiSoxPatF
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I heard from a Cubs fan that they were going to acquire Dunn for Burnitz and then sign Damon to an off-season deal because everyone wants to be a Cub.

It gets rediculous sometimes but I guess we should just all be patient - remember that this is a fanbase with very litte knowledge of baseball and absolutely no insight into it. In fact, its comediac sometimes. They get their hopes up and brag so much about so-and-so thats going to be a Cub in the offseason and then no one ever signs with them. Remember when they were going to sign Beltran, Magglio, Pavano, Percival, trade Sammy for Soriano? What happened then?

samram
07-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Sample this nugget "if austin kearnes wants to come to the cubs, and people behind the scenes insist he does......."

Here's how this comes about. Kiley asks Kearns if he likes playing in Chicago. He says, sure, it's a nice city, the stadium could be better, etc. Kiley asks the clubhouse attendant if he's heard Kearns talk about Chicago. The kid says, yeah, I think he has a friend that lived there when he was in college and he liked visiting. Kiley translates that to "People behind the scenes insist" he wants to play in Chicago.

TheOldRoman
07-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I heard from a Cubs fan that they were going to acquire Dunn for Burnitz and then sign Damon to an off-season deal because everyone wants to be a Cub.

It gets rediculous sometimes but I guess we should just all be patient - remember that this is a fanbase with very litte knowledge of baseball and absolutely no insight into it. In fact, its comediac sometimes. They get their hopes up and brag so much about so-and-so thats going to be a Cub in the offseason and then no one ever signs with them. Remember when they were going to sign Beltran, Magglio, Pavano, Percival, trade Sammy for Soriano? What happened then?
I would post a teal-laced response from a typical Cub fan, but I will wait for Baby Fisk to chime in with a quote from our favorite frat boy.

santo=dorf
07-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Mike Kiley is ****ing pathetic:

ON A TEAR: Aramis Ramirezhomered four times in the four-game series with the Reds. He has nine career homers at Great American Ballpark, five this season.

That's the most by any opponent in the Reds' park, tying Ramirez with Geoff Jenkins, Lance Berkman, Albert Pujols and Sammy Sosa. When Ramirez homered Thursday in the Cubs' ninth, it should have been a two-run shot. But rather than give a walk to Derrek Lee, Vanover called a pitch at Lee's ankles a strike. Lee went on to fly out.
:rolleyes: :violin:

C-Dawg
07-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Remember when they were going to sign Beltran, Magglio, Pavano, Percival, trade Sammy for Soriano? What happened then?

The Tribune used to frequently hint at players or salary they could unload to free up money to get Magglio, at least back when he was healthy. I used to get so mad and scream at the paper "He's on our team, leave him alone!" Later, when Beltran went to Houston, it was the same thing - Tribune writers trying to engineer the trade that would send him to the Cubs. Looks like now its Damon the writers are trying to get.