PDA

View Full Version : Mac, Jurko and Harry w/first pitch last night

32nd&Wallace
07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
What any one at the game last night...what kind of reception did these goons get when they threw out the first pitch?

Sad
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
and what about my boy John and his version of the national anthem?
Did he drag it out too much?

scottjanssens
07-22-2005, 11:36 AM
MJH got a decent amount of applause. They looked like idiots though, like they had been told just that moment to go out to the mound and didn't know what they were supposed to do.

John Popper's Star Spangled Banner could be best described as the Star Mangled Banner. And waaaay too long.

Sad
07-22-2005, 11:58 AM
MJH got a decent amount of applause. They looked like idiots though, like they had been told just that moment to go out to the mound and didn't know what they were supposed to do.

John Popper's Star Spangled Banner could be best described as the Star Mangled Banner. And waaaay too long.

yeah I guess it's one thing to play the Hendrix'esque version during a concert (and he has as long as I've followed BT) but he ought to tone it down for the actual pregame anthem...

swanson24
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
That was awesome to see the guys from the MJH show throw out the first pitch. They have the best sport talk radio show in Chicago.
:o: :?: :smile: :D: :cool:

Over By There
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM

Totally agree - it was awful. I couldn't believe people were applauding some of his little embellishments/solos. It barely sounded like the anthem at parts. I doubt anyone could've even sung along if they wanted to.

Heffalump
07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
That was awesome to see the guys from the MJH show throw out the first pitch. They have the best sport talk radio show in Chicago.

They may be the best sport talk radio show in Chicago, unfortunately, that is not saying much. I can't stand Mac. He talks himself up as being a big Sox fan, but he is such a fake and actually knows very little about the team (at least compared to a true hardcore Sox fan).

Just my .02 cents.

downstairs
07-22-2005, 12:34 PM
They may be the best sport talk radio show in Chicago, unfortunately, that is not saying much. I can't stand Mac. He talks himself up as being a big Sox fan, but he is such a fake and actually knows very little about the team (at least compared to a true hardcore Sox fan).

Just my .02 cents.

Yeah, but he knows every player's jersey number, though.

Brian26
07-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah, but he knows every player's jersey number, though.

Yeah, every player on the Bears. He doesn't know jack about the Sox.

PatK
07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Mac is such a Sox fan that today's column of his is essentially a preview of what we should expect to see in Bears training camp when it starts next week.

Sxy Mofo
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Just my .02 cents.

You know, there's too many topics here at WSI that actually stay on topic, and that's disappointing. We need to throw a few random thoughts in to a thread now and then.

Why is it .02 cents? If you put ".02" instead of "2", shouldn't that be "my .02 dollars". If you say ".02 cents" you're saying 2/100 of a cent. Which doesn't exist. That's "my two-one-hundreths of a cent". It makes sense (different kind) if you think about it.

pdimas
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
What no Jermaine Dupri fans here? :smile: Has anyone ever seen so many "first" pitches to start off a game? My favorite celebrity guests so far this year though would have to be the Doobie Brothers. Especially when they played a live version of Listen to the Music. What a treat!

cleanwsox
07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
You know, there's too many topics here at WSI that actually stay on topic, and that's disappointing. We need to throw a few random thoughts in to a thread now and then.

Why is it .02 cents? If you put ".02" instead of "2", shouldn't that be "my .02 dollars". If you say ".02 cents" you're saying 2/100 of a cent. Which doesn't exist. That's "my two-one-hundreths of a cent". It makes sense (different kind) if you think about it.

Actually, .02 cents does exist. Just not in a physical state. :D:

Kuzman
07-22-2005, 01:04 PM

hahahahahahahaha:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
07-22-2005, 01:05 PM

And the ratings support that 1,000 % .

Sxy Mofo
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Actually, .02 cents does exist. Just not in a physical state. :D:

Yea, but is my 2 cents really worth 100 times his .02 cents? It might be.

Heffalump
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Yea, but is my 2 cents really worth 100 times his .02 cents? It might be.

Depends on currency fluctuations.:D:

Sxy Mofo
07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Depends on currency fluctuations.:D:

With the way my work day is going, my brain is fried and i wouldn't want to charge for my thoughts.

pdimas
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
You think you got it bad. Try working with no contract for about a year. On a very high profile project. Which basically means quitting is not an option and your clients can tell you to dance like a monkey and like it and all you can do is grin and bear it.:dtroll:

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 03:57 PM

Three words: World's Tallest Midget

chisoxfan64
07-22-2005, 04:16 PM

Doesn`t say a whole lot for Chicago.

TimChamp
07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
What no Jermaine Dupri fans here? :smile: Has anyone ever seen so many "first" pitches to start off a game? My favorite celebrity guests so far this year though would have to be the Doobie Brothers. Especially when they played a live version of Listen to the Music. What a treat!

I was hoping to see JD (also a lot shorter than I thought he was) sing the national anthem instead of the 10-minute version that Popper put out on his harmonica. While it sounded unique and it seemed to take a lot of breath out of him, I was completely lost as to where he was in the anthem. I was sure it ended at least 10 times...

--Champ out

JohnBasedowYoda
07-22-2005, 06:57 PM

i was going to say the same thing...you beat me to it

Viva Medias B's
07-23-2005, 12:03 AM
And the ratings support that 1,000 % .

Which is proof that Chicago radio listeners are morons.

sox_fan_forever
07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
While it sounded unique and it seemed to take a lot of breath out of him, I was completely lost as to where he was in the anthem. I was sure it ended at least 10 times...

Haha, yeah, I didn't care for it either. It was too long and I could never figure out exactly where he was at.

chaerulez
07-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I think the real joke of the first pitch was Jermanie Dupri. I don't want crappy wannabe rappers that have nothing to do with Chicago throwing out the first pitch. Have him go sing in the 7th at Wrigley for that garbage. If they need a rapper to throw out the first pitch have it be Kanye West or Common.

TimChamp
07-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I think the real joke of the first pitch was Jermanie Dupri. I don't want crappy wannabe rappers that have nothing to do with Chicago throwing out the first pitch. Have him go sing in the 7th at Wrigley for that garbage. If they need a rapper to throw out the first pitch have it be Kanye West or Common.

I think he's in town for a concert or something...probably promoting it just like Popper was promoting his thingie here in Chicago. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Kanye at the park, seeing as he grew up here. I wonder if he's a Sox fan :?: hmmmmmmm......

--Champ out

jabrch
07-23-2005, 07:43 AM

Best talk radio show in Chicago? If you dumped Jurko and Harry, and replaced them with someone with skills. Hell, I don't even like Dangerous Dan too much. Those guys add very little to the game. I'd listen to Boers and Bernstein over them. Actually Dickerson and Ogulnick (sp?) aren't bad and Carmen and Silvy are decent.

But Harry is awful. Jurko is a young Doug Buffone. And Mac doesn't do it for me.

just my opinions...

TornLabrum
07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Best talk radio show in Chicago? If you dumped Jurko and Harry, and replaced them with someone with skills. Hell, I don't even like Dangerous Dan too much. Those guys add very little to the game. I'd listen to Boers and Bernstein over them. Actually Dickerson and Ogulnick (sp?) aren't bad and Carmen and Silvy are decent.

But Harry is awful. Jurko is a young Doug Buffone. And Mac doesn't do it for me.

just my opinions...

I don't think Buffone ever talked about passing gas and about his own excrement, unlike Jurkovich.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-23-2005, 01:48 PM

just my opinions...

If you are a big fan of penis jokes and bashing religion, yes Boers and Bernstein are the best. When I listen to sports talk, I kind of like to hear about sports.

iamkoza
07-23-2005, 02:40 PM
Totally agree - it was awful. I couldn't believe people were applauding some of his little embellishments/solos. It barely sounded like the anthem at parts. I doubt anyone could've even sung along if they wanted to.

Nice sig over by there!!! Go Boilers!

jabrch
07-23-2005, 04:46 PM
If you are a big fan of penis jokes and bashing religion, yes Boers and Bernstein are the best. When I listen to sports talk, I kind of like to hear about sports.

Frankly - and this might be my own personal preference, but I'd rather a mixture of penis jokes and bashing of religion, as well as the rest of the routine that those guys do, along with my sports if that is a choice. I like the fact that Boers and Bernstein can make me laugh, while talking about sports. I like the cynical, anti-establishment, contrarian stances they take on a lot of things. I guess it is a matter of preference - but any show with Harry or Jurko, IMHO, couldn't be the best in the city...it is, I do recognize, a matter of preference.