PDA

View Full Version : Mr. T

balke
07-22-2005, 10:38 AM
To throw out the first pitch to Carlton Fisk tonight? He just said so on Cold Pizza.

jshanahanjr
07-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Mr. T. was on with Bruce Wolf Fox News 32 this morning live from the Fundamental Deck. He's promoting the double tuff sock from Hanes. I know he had cancer and is old, but he is rail thin. I hope he' OK, and can throw a nice fosch to Carlton tonight.

UofCSoxFan
07-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I pity the fool that crowds the plate against T.

skottyj242
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Isn't he doing it for poverty awareness? Isn't Hanes donating a bunch of those socks to the homeless?

Rocklive99
07-22-2005, 12:54 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54602

VeeckAsInWreck
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Mr. T. was on with Bruce Wolf Fox News 32 this morning live from the Fundamental Deck. He's promoting the double tuff sock from Hanes. I know he had cancer and is old, but he is rail thin. I hope he' OK, and can throw a nice fosch to Carlton tonight.

I saw that, and Wolf was a total douche to Mr. T.

When T told him that he would be throwing the first pitch to Pudge. Wolf said that this would be the first time that the guy catching the 1st pitch is more important than the guy throwing it. I'm willing to bet that he would not have dissed T as much if he were doing something similar at the urinal.

:angry: I don't often hate, but I very much hate Bruce Wolf.

Sorry. I had to vent.

rdwj
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
I saw that, and Wolf was a total douche to Mr. T.

When T told him that he would be throwing the first pitch to Pudge. Wolf said that this would be the first time that the guy catching the 1st pitch is more important than the guy throwing it. I'm willing to bet that he would not have dissed T as much if he were doing something similar at the urinal.

:angry: I don't often hate, but I very much hate Bruce Wolf.

Sorry. I had to vent.

Actually, Wolf is a Sox fan. I find his sarcastic style funny, but I understand why many don't. But, if the event were are Wrigley, Bruce would have made fun of that too

bennyw41
07-22-2005, 01:50 PM
I helped Bruce Wolf once at a hardware store I worked at in H.S. and he was a super guy.

Jerko
07-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I never cared one way or another about Wolf until I saw him lead the cheer of "throw it back" after a Tiger homerun at the Cell last year. SOX FANS don't do that. At least they shouldn't.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Actually, Wolf is a Sox fan. I find his sarcastic style funny, but I understand why many don't. But, if the event were are Wrigley, Bruce would have made fun of that too

Wolf is not a Sox fan in the least bit. Have you watched him over the last couple of years?

Just a month ago when the Red Sox were in town at Wrigley and the real Sox took 2 out of 3 in San Diego. Wolf mentioned how his producers made him lead off with the White Sox even though the real story was at Wrigley. After his segment he was giving anchorman Patrick Elwood some crap for being a Sox fan.

Does that sound like a Sox fan to you? Wolf loves to rip on the Sox for the usual crap that the media dishes out. Wether it be attendance or "fans" beating up coaches.

scottjanssens
07-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Wolf said that this would be the first time that the guy catching the 1st pitch is more important than the guy throwing it.

Considering that the guy catching most of the first pitches is Buehrle and the guy throwing the first pitch is usually a corporate executive that bought a huge ticket package for that game or sponsered the giveaway, this is just stupid.

Banix12
07-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Wolf is not a Sox fan in the least bit. Have you watched him over the last couple of years?

Just a month ago when the Red Sox were in town at Wrigley and the real Sox took 2 out of 3 in San Diego. Wolf mentioned how his producers made him lead off with the White Sox even though the real story was at Wrigley. After his segment he was giving anchorman Patrick Elwood some crap for being a Sox fan.

Does that sound like a Sox fan to you? Wolf loves to rip on the Sox for the usual crap that the media dishes out. Wether it be attendance or "fans" beating up coaches.

Wolf grew up a sox fan. He interviewed on Chicago Tonight a week ago last friday and said as much that he grew up a sox fan. Over the years though he seems to have become very jaded about sports reporting and sports in general and reports in a very flip manner about everything, including the sox.

He also knows every broadway showtune written in the last 50 years, for whatever that is worth.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Wolf grew up a sox fan. He interviewed on Chicago Tonight a week ago last friday and said as much that he grew up a sox fan. Over the years though he seems to have become very jaded about sports reporting and sports in general and reports in a very flip manner about everything, including the sox.

He also knows every broadway showtune written in the last 50 years, for whatever that is worth.

Seems like Bruce Wolf would be a heluva poker player then. :?: I never would have thought he grew up a Sox fan.

I won't even touch his love of Broadway. :tongue:

Daver
07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
They should make this go full circle and have him throw the first pitch to the president of the Libertyville Arbor Society.