PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,880

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Catching the end of the ballgame last nite, I was very surprised to see
a huge number of Red Sox fans .....at the bar, as evidenced by their cheering
and whooping and hollering. That was OK I figured .......

Til the end of the game ........ when my friend Bill became suspicious of one
particularly belligerent "fan" of the Red Sox. He kept going on about how the SOX are "overrated", and they cant match the "real" sox (to which I was going to mention the whole thing we learned here about who the REAL SOX are) Bill mentioned something about the play of Bucky Dent and the Red Sox choke game of 1978. Fan began to look very confused. I mentioned it was the one-game playoff, how couldnt he remember that game ...... Bill and I became very suspicious and I was millisecond away from asking about
Jim Rice and Bernie Carbo and really start peppering the "fan" with questions, when he quickly Broke Down and said "OK Alrite .......im really a cub fan. Its a good day when the SOX lose" he said smirking.

I laughed and told him thats OK, he'll never see a Cub world series in his lifetime.....and Bill mentioned how was Woods arm. He said we needed
"real" fans like the Red Sox fans to fill that park up ........We laughed at him

SOXPHILE
07-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah, who says Cub fans don't care about the White Sox ? I'm sure he's a real fan of the Cubs too. It's probably a safe bet that outside of the the dopes from that World Champion 1969 team that they constantly drag out, he couldn't name a single Cub player before the Ryne Sandberg era.

RavenswoodFan
07-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I was in Portland OR this last week and was coming out of a Barnes and Noble when this guy noticed my "SOX win,Cubs lose a perfect day'" shirt that I got from my favorite source for Sox news (WSI). He looks at me and says "what about Cubs win"? I looked at him in amazement and replied "What are you kidding me? I'm a SOX fan why would I want the Cubs to win"? He says to me "well I'm a Cubs fan". I looked at him and said "obviously"!
Just another WGN, Wrigley fan who knows absolutley nothing about baseball or Chicago!

hose
07-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Catching the end of the ballgame last nite, I was very surprised to see
a huge number of Red Sox fans .....at the bar, as evidenced by their cheering
and whooping and hollering. That was OK I figured .......

Til the end of the game ........ when my friend Bill became suspicious of one
particularly belligerent "fan" of the Red Sox. He kept going on about how the SOX are "overrated", and they cant match the "real" sox (to which I was going to mention the whole thing we learned here about who the REAL SOX are) Bill mentioned something about the play of Bucky Dent and the Red Sox choke game of 1978. Fan began to look very confused. I mentioned it was the one-game playoff, how couldnt he remember that game ...... Bill and I became very suspicious and I was millisecond away from asking about
Jim Rice and Bernie Carbo and really start peppering the "fan" with questions, when he quickly Broke Down and said "OK Alrite .......im really a cub fan. Its a good day when the SOX lose" he said smirking.

I laughed and told him thats OK, he'll never see a Cub world series in his lifetime.....and Bill mentioned how was Woods arm. He said we needed
"real" fans like the Red Sox fans to fill that park up ........We laughed at him

Hangar you should get a segment on the tv show Myth Busters. :bandance: