PDA

View Full Version : I wish AJ would take a deep breath.

Region Sox
07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
He has been in a slump lately and I am sure he hates it. And it probably upsets him striking out, especially looking. My concern is he will get a bad (or worse) reputation and umpires could hold a grudge. The thing is we need him and my it may happen sometime (like the Sunday Oakland game) and get him tossed in a key game. We do have Widger who is fine, but AJ is our #1.

So my wish list is that the next time he gets called out he just goes back to the dugout- heck he can go "Kenny Rogers" on a cooler (minus the broken hand).

Let it go, bro. Don't turn around and give your 2 cents everytime. You are the man AJ!

mdep524
07-22-2005, 12:13 AM
...and I wish AJ would take a pitch once in a while. DJ commented today how he swings at over 60% of pitches thrown to him, a percentage that rivals Juan Uribe's. He's being very impatient and undisciplined at the plate, and his offensive production has been much less than I thought it would be this year.

Region Sox
07-22-2005, 12:44 AM
...and I wish AJ would take a pitch once in a while. DJ commented today how he swings at over 60% of pitches thrown to him, a percentage that rivals Juan Uribe's. He's being very impatient and undisciplined at the plate, and his offensive production has been much less than I thought it would be this year.

He has cooled off and he did take forever between homers.

tschneid83
07-22-2005, 07:51 AM
getting AJ was huge this year and a big part of why our pitching is so good this year which I think we all realize. with that being said I am starting to see why certain people have said some bad things about AJ. I have no problem with him saying something to the umps when our pitcher makes a good pitch and does not get the call. I do not like that b/c he is not hitting good at the moment he complains to the ump like i did not get that call, etc. That pitch he got caught looking at was close and you should not be staring at it with two strikes regardless of if our pitchers got that call. come on AJ time to get back on track.....

Tragg
07-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Slump?
He's been batting like this all season - which is to say he's batting only slightly worse than is Joe Crede.

Why does he get credit for our pitchers? He must be calling the pitches - is he?

Madvora
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I liked how DJ was actually being a little more critical of the players. We deserve to hear the truth and not have it sugar coated. They were're pissed about Crede's "flashy" play too.

tschneid83
07-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Why does he get credit for our pitchers? He must be calling the pitches - is he?

AJ knows how to play the game. Sometimes he plays it a little to hard and lets that get in the way. He is very good at framing pitches although lately I have seen him be lazy on a couple which is upsetting. I am not sure who the call is coming from, I am sure it is a mixture of the bench, AJ, and the pitcher but I guarantee that if ben davis, jamie burke, olivo, and whoever else we have had catching for us the last couple of years was back behind the plate we would not have as much success.

This actually goes for both catchers. Widger has done a great job for the little he has played.