PDA

View Full Version : Frank possible DL with inflamation!

GiveMeSox
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
According to Ozzie on CSN postgame the word is Frank is experiencing a lot of discomfort and swelling in the surgery repaired ankle. As a result he may be placed on the DL tomorrow giving him some time to rest and heal. Gload is on his way said Ozzie.

mike squires
07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
I"m sure Hermie and the docs will know just what to do. Hope Frank is OK and is back soon. If anyone has to take his place, I"m glad it's Gload.

MIgrenade
07-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Good, Thomas has been an automatic out in recent games. Gload could really help.

Lip Man 1
07-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Damn. First Hermanson, Crede now this...

Make the moves Kenny.

Lip

ND_Sox_Fan
07-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Good, Thomas has been an automatic out in recent games. Gload could really help.

GOOD??? Hell no it's not. It may be good that we will get another bat in the short-run, but we all know Frank's impact on this team.

I am actually a little scared - this looks a lot like he did last year before he went in for surgery. He was very hot, ankle flares up, bat goes cold due to injury, and then winds up out for the season. I know this does not mean he will be out for the season, but it is certainly not good either way.

compy75
07-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Interesting from the Cubune:

"One out later, Everett launched a two-run homer against his former team. Everett handled the designated hitter duties in place of Frank Thomas, who has felt soreness in his left ankle.

The soreness isn't believed to be serious enough to consider a trip to the disabled list."

SouthSide4Life
07-22-2005, 12:36 AM
All I say is ROSS GLOAD

MIgrenade
07-22-2005, 12:38 AM
GOOD??? Hell no it's not. It may be good that we will get another bat in the short-run, but we all know Frank's impact on this team.

I am actually a little scared - this looks a lot like he did last year before he went in for surgery. He was very hot, ankle flares up, bat goes cold due to injury, and then winds up out for the season. I know this does not mean he will be out for the season, but it is certainly not good either way.

All I mean is it seems like he could use a few days off. I know what he has done for this team, and I know the offense only came around when he was in the line up and I am happy to see Gload back because he has been hitting well in the minors.

GiveMeSox
07-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Not its not good at all. However what if I told you that in the 44 games the sox have had since Franks return we are 29-15. Before Franks return we were 33-17. This shows us we are the same team with the same winning percentage of .660 with Frank and without. I think we will be OK, Everett is a big contributor.

compy75
07-22-2005, 12:41 AM
All I mean is it seems like he could use a few days off. I know what he has done for this team, and I know the offense only came around when he was in the line up and I am happy to see Gload back because he has been hitting well in the minors.

Don't mean to jump in here but there is more than a fine line between a few days and 15 days b/c since he played 2 days ago, the minimum he could be on is retroactive to tonight 15 Day DL.

JB98
07-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Not its not good at all. However what if I told you that in the 44 games the sox have had since Franks return we are 29-15. Before Franks return we were 33-17. This shows us we are the same team with the same winning percentage of .660 with Frank and without. I think we will be OK, Everett is a big contributor.

Thankfully, KW didn't listen to the Chicago mediots who wanted Carl traded. I sure hope Frank is OK, but I have all the confidence in the world in Everett. He's only two behind Konerko for the team lead in RBIs, despite not having as much playing time the last couple of months. Carl is our best clutch hitter, bar none.

The FORG are rejoicing, but I don't see Ross getting a lot of PT. He'll probably start at 1B once a week, and hopefully, he'll give our bench a boost with some pinch-hits.

Lip Man 1
07-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Story on White Sox web site:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050721&content_id=1140052&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lip

TaylorStSox
07-22-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm coming off left ankle surgery as well.(broken tibula and fibula) Swelling is a constant issue. The more you put strain on it, the more it swells. I had surgery in May and the doctors say i'll experience swelling and discomfort for the better part of the year.

Frank's problems are nothing to be alarmed about. They're natural when dealing with this type of injury. A few days off will do him well.

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2005, 02:20 AM
With the big lead, Ozzie has been very quick to shut guys down so they'll be available in September rather than let them aggravate things and go down big-time later. While frustrating for fans who want the best players in there every day, it's sound thinking.

basilesox
07-22-2005, 02:42 AM
I think it is inexplicable that Thomas did not come to bat in the Ninth inning of tonight's game. Are there some issues that are lingering between Ozzie and Frank?

I understand not pinch hitting for Everett, he is swinging a hot bat and had already homered. Why was Iguchi not lifted? The man has never even seen Schilling. I knew Schilling was going to work him and sure enough Iguchi looked lost in that at bat. We needed a homerun and who is more liable to hit one out than Frank. Frank could have also worked which would have at least brought Pauly to the plate. (the guy second most likely to hit a HR)

I also don't understand why Cliff was pulled for Marte. Since Hermy is out are bullpen is much weaker. Cliff and Marte can't come in and just face a couple of batters. In some situations we might need these guys to go a couple of innings. Although Vizcaino has pitched better of late, I know most of felt uncomfortable with him out there against Ortiz and Ramirez in a tie game in the 9th. I knew he was gonna get launched. Sorry to rant but this game was hard to take.

basilesox
07-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Sorry.......Never mind this thread. I had no Idea Thomas was injured.

soxfanreggie
07-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Nellie,

I agree. As long as we keep that lead, we definitely need to rest up our guys; however, I don't like us blowing the last 3 games. You cannot lose 3-4 in a row because it gives Minnesota the golden chance to catch up before they play us.

Madvora
07-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, if Gload's coming up, doesn't that mean that Thomas is going on the DL?
Some move has to be made to make room for Gload on the roster. Nothing to my knowledge has been announced. It would either be Frank or Willie right here.

greenpeach
07-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm coming off left ankle surgery as well.(broken tibula and fibula) Swelling is a constant issue. The more you put strain on it, the more it swells. I had surgery in May and the doctors say i'll experience swelling and discomfort for the better part of the year.

Frank's problems are nothing to be alarmed about. They're natural when dealing with this type of injury. A few days off will do him well.

Frank is going to have constant swelling in the ankle for the rest of the year, due mainly to the pressure he's going to put on it due to his weight. the good news is that he's a DH & rarely plays in the field so that he gets a lot of bench time during games.

RKMeibalane
07-22-2005, 09:38 AM
I think it is inexplicable that Thomas did not come to bat in the Ninth inning of tonight's game. Are there some issues that are lingering between Ozzie and Frank?

I understand not pinch hitting for Everett, he is swinging a hot bat and had already homered. Why was Iguchi not lifted? The man has never even seen Schilling. I knew Schilling was going to work him and sure enough Iguchi looked lost in that at bat. We needed a homerun and who is more liable to hit one out than Frank. Frank could have also worked which would have at least brought Pauly to the plate. (the guy second most likely to hit a HR)

I also don't understand why Cliff was pulled for Marte. Since Hermy is out are bullpen is much weaker. Cliff and Marte can't come in and just face a couple of batters. In some situations we might need these guys to go a couple of innings. Although Vizcaino has pitched better of late, I know most of felt uncomfortable with him out there against Ortiz and Ramirez in a tie game in the 9th. I knew he was gonna get launched. Sorry to rant but this game was hard to take.

Can you read? Frank didn't play because his ankle was bothering him.

RKMeibalane
07-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Sorry.......Never mind this thread. I had no Idea Thomas was injured.

Nevermind.

jshanahanjr
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I saw Frank take off his sweat shirt in the 8th and head to the tunnel to get some BP. I would have liked to see him pinch hit for Uribe in the 8th with Crede on 2nd, but he didn't and the Sox lost.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-22-2005, 12:22 PM
According to Ozzie on CSN postgame the word is Frank is experiencing a lot of discomfort and swelling in the surgery repaired ankle. As a result he may be placed on the DL tomorrow giving him some time to rest and heal. Gload is on his way said Ozzie.

Considering all he does is DH that's very worrysome. Next year especially. I want him in a Sox uniform his entire career, but no way Kenny can commit big bucks to such a question mark.

07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I am 100% comfortable with Crazy Carl....I'm actually more comfortable with him then Frank...Frank is great for towering Blasts, but Carls RBIS and #'s tell the story

RKMeibalane
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Considering all he does is DH that's very worrysome. Next year especially. I want him in a Sox uniform his entire career, but no way Kenny can commit big bucks to such a question mark.

I'm actually not that concerned. Everyone knew there was a high likelyhood that Frank's ankle would be a problem on occasion. That's the main reason why Ozzie eased him back into the lineup when he came off the DL. Frank himself said that his ankle won't fully heal until he has a chance to rest it during the off-season.