PDA

View Full Version : SoX-mas list...


WinningUgly!
11-23-2001, 10:51 PM
With the Christmas shopping season now in full swing, which 3 free agents would you most like to add to the 2002 White Sox?

Here are mine....
1) Damon
2) CJ
3) Sele

Soxheads
11-23-2001, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't go for free agents. I would trade.

Daver
11-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
With the Christmas shopping season now in full swing, which 3 free agents would you most like to add to the 2002 White Sox?

Here are mine....
1) Damon
2) CJ
3) Sele

Can I choose none of the above?

guillen4life13
11-23-2001, 11:09 PM
1) Resign Foulke
2) John Smoltz
3) Sign John Rocker as a setup man (yeah i hate the racist
bastard, but it's for the good of the team).

Look, I'm colored, so you know i've got problems with rocker, but you have to admit that he's an excellent relief pitcher when he has his confidence.

WinningUgly!
11-23-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
I wouldn't go for free agents. I would trade.

I agree. There's no way we'll sign any FA's! I was just trying to get a little hot stove talk going. All the Selig/contraction/no season stuff gets old after a while!

PaleHoseGeorge
11-23-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
With the Christmas shopping season now in full swing, which 3 free agents would you most like to add to the 2002 White Sox?


Oh, I love this game. Dream big, I say!

1.) The Lumbering Ox
2.) Barry Bonds
3.) Gil Heredia
4.) John Smoltz
5.) Johnny Damon

(Too many good ones to limit myself to just three!)

:)

Daver
11-23-2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
1) Resign Foulke
2) John Smoltz
3) Sign John Rocker as a setup man (yeah i hate the racist
bastard, but it's for the good of the team).

Look, I'm colored, so you know i've got problems with rocker, but you have to admit that he's an excellent relief pitcher when he has his confidence.

I'm a redneck,and I have problems with Rocker,he is an idiot that lets his emotions rule his game,we don't need that on the southside of Chicago.

WinningUgly!
11-23-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Oh, I love this game. Dream big, I say!

1.) The Lumbering Ox
2.) Barry Bonds
3.) Gil Heredia
4.) John Smoltz
5.) Johnny Damon

(Too many good ones to limit myself to just three!)

:)

Doh! I started a troll board thread!
Man, Giambi & Bonds...add them with Nomar & Pedro who we could get for Singleton, Howry & that Barry guy! We are gonna be so awesome!

GASHWOUND
11-24-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
With the Christmas shopping season now in full swing, which 3 free agents would you most like to add to the 2002 White Sox?

Here are mine....
1) Damon
2) CJ
3) Sele

Well, we aren't going after any free agents this season so I guess it doesn't matter so I'll choose...
1)Shimidtz(sp?)
2) Damon
3)CJ

GASHWOUND
11-24-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
1) Resign Foulke
2) John Smoltz
3) Sign John Rocker as a setup man (yeah i hate the racist
bastard, but it's for the good of the team).

Look, I'm colored, so you know i've got problems with rocker, but you have to admit that he's an excellent relief pitcher when he has his confidence.

Rocker! Are you nuts?! I wouldn't get ear that basketcase. For one he sucks, 2nd he will be a clubhouse cancer, 3rd, we can spent or money better than that.
We have already have someone on our club who can do what Rocker does best..
WALK guys.
:walk
"Yeah, thats my job!"

GASHWOUND
11-24-2001, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Oh, I love this game. Dream big, I say!

1.) The Lumbering Ox
2.) Barry Bonds
3.) Gil Heredia
4.) John Smoltz
5.) Johnny Damon

(Too many good ones to limit myself to just three!)

:)

Herdia? I would substitute Herdia for Jason Schmidtz. I thought Herdia had a down year this year. But since we can choose as many as we want, I would add them both! Along with CJ and a new owner. Are there any free agent owners out there?

Pete Ward
11-24-2001, 11:14 AM
Forget Damon ...his agent is BorASS. He's got it in for the Sox and JR.

Jason Schmidt ....YES

RedPinStripes
11-24-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Herdia? I would substitute Herdia for Jason Schmidtz. I thought Herdia had a down year this year. But since we can choose as many as we want, I would add them both! Along with CJ and a new owner. Are there any free agent owners out there?

Very good choice! JR selling the team without the Sox going out of buisness or moving is my first dream. JR will probably own this team until the day he dies,and guys like him live till they are 100.

As long as the new owner was something like Calangelo or Stienbrenner. I don't think any of us would really complain if we bought WS rings.

Damn. I'm really dreaming now!

doublem23
11-25-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by daver
I'm a redneck,and I have problems with Rocker,he is an idiot that lets his emotions rule his game,we don't need that on the southside of Chicago.

That, and as he proved in Cleveland, he's not all that consistent.

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
He's not all that consistent.


He'll fit in great with the Sox won't he?