PDA

View Full Version : LEAST Favorite Baseball Playing Movie Characters

Viva Medias B's
07-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Since we're having so much fun with the favorite baseball playing movie characters, how about a thread on our LEAST favorite baseball playing movie characters? I'd go with:

Roger Dorn in Major League/Major League II

Babe Ruth in The Babe

Mike McGrevey in Little Big League

Jack Parkman in Major League II

Henry Rowengartner in Rookie of the Year

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Jack Parkman...only because he blew our chances at making the World Series in Major League 2...:(:

StepsInSC
07-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Matt LeBlanc's character in Ed....and that stupid monkey.

skottyj242
07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
The coach of the Yankees in the original Bad News Bears.

MarySwiss
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Since we're having so much fun with the favorite baseball playing movie characters, how about a thread on our LEAST favorite baseball playing movie characters? I'd go with:

Second this one. I just wanted to slap him silly! Especially at the end when he held up the World Series ring. (As If!) My Sox fan nephew, who was only five at the time, really hated that. Obviously my Cub-hating brother has brought his kids up right.

ja1022
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Kevin Costner again. Liked him as "Crash" Davis but hated him in For The Love of the Game. Couldn't stand that movie. Another lame character and movie was The Slugger's Wife starring Caddyshack's own Danny Noonan (Michael O'Keefe I think).

White Sox Randy
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Tom Cruise's character plays catch with his son in the opening scene and he throws like a girl . He looked so unnatural. Did anyone else notice this ?

VeeckAsInWreck
07-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Lori Petty as "Kit" in A League Of Their Own.

All she did was whine and cry her way through the whole movie. If her point was to annoy, then she is the greatest actress in the world.

chisoxfan64
07-22-2005, 04:29 PM

All she did was whine and cry her way through the whole movie. If her point was to annoy, then she is the greatest actress in the world.

I couldn`t agree with you more on this. I enjoyed the movie as a whole, but could have lived with a lot less of her in it.

ChiSoxRowand
07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Roger Dorn

A_ROW33
07-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Whitey Ford in Safe at Home

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2005, 06:06 PM
William Bendix as Babe Ruth and Tony Perkins playing Jimmy Piersall. Perkins was a good actor but no baseball player, that's for sure.

Foulke You
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Not only is that one of the worst baseball characters ever, it is one of the worst baseball movies ever.

Palehose13
07-23-2005, 01:29 PM

I agree with you, but I am a bit of a fan of Lori Petty (love 'Tank Girl") so i think she was doing a great acting job in the movie.

MarkM2112
07-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Not only is that one of the worst baseball characters ever, it is one of the worst baseball movies ever.

Are you kidding me? Any time that anyone asks me why I hate the cubs, I tell them to watch that movie... They all understand then... :D:

Mr. White Sox
07-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Mike McGrevey in Little Big League

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/74/65/68m.jpg
"If I could've called it again, I'd have called for a hit-and-run"

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/34/07/12m.jpg
"............................."

Fred Manrique
07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Tom Cruise's character plays catch with his son in the opening scene and he throws like a girl . He looked so unnatural. Did anyone else notice this ?

I did, Tom's "son" in the movie had a much more natural throwing motion, but Tom's was terrible.

SOXintheBURGH
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
The little snot who owns the Twinkies in "Little Big League." Yet another movie where the Sox are "the bad guys."

I always root for the bad guy in movies:cool:

VeeckAsInWreck
07-28-2005, 08:02 PM
The little snot who owns the Twinkies in "Little Big League." Yet another movie where the Sox are "the bad guys."

I always root for the bad guy in movies:cool:

If I'm not mistaken the Sox are the bad guys not only in Little Big League but also Major League II and the 90's version of Angels In The Outfield. What other films have us as the bad guys?

I do want to note that in Major League I, the Indians clinched the division against the White Sox at "Comiskey Park" (which was actually Old County Stadium with a green Glad bag stuck to the walls.)