PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

Craig Grebeck
07-21-2005, 03:21 PM
So I'm stuck out here in Rockford, and only make a couple games a year...But me and a buddy were all set to head to the cell for saturday's game, only to find it sold out already...I"m still not used to having to take sell outs into consideration...What are our odds of getting in if we just show up the night of the game?

FielderJones
07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
So I'm stuck out here in Rockford, and only make a couple games a year...But me and a buddy were all set to head to the cell for saturday's game, only to find it sold out already...I"m still not used to having to take sell outs into consideration...What are our odds of getting in if we just show up the night of the game?

I would say the odds become longer in direct proportion to the talent of the opponent. I.E. Kansas City is an easier walkup than Boston.

dcb33
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM

Go to whitesox.com right now as Ticketmaster has some limited tix available for 2 people. I just went there and selected 2 people for best available, and it gave me seats in sec. 158.

kj.hayes
07-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Keep trying Ticketmaster off and on. Usually two spares will pop up somewhere in the park, even for "sold-out" games. Alternatively, you could try any number of ticket brokers on-line, if you feel like paying a zillion dollars. If not, why not make the trip and take your chances with one of many "unlicensed" brokers selling tickets outside the park on the day of the game?

Craig Grebeck
07-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Go to whitesox.com right now as Ticketmaster has some limited tix available for 2 people. I just went there and selected 2 people for best available, and it gave me seats in sec. 158.

BAH too late...thanks for that though, i'm going to keep trying

hose
07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
I have to work my way past the guys selling tickets on the Dan Ryan overpass every game. I believe it is off US Cellular property so the cops don't get involved from what I can tell

You can get tickets, peanuts, ice cold bottle water, and a ball cap all in a matter of 30 feet.

I have never bought a ticket from any of them , but they are there every game.

If you do buy tickets make sure to check the date and the section and row. You could end up in separate sections if you don't pay close attention to what you are buying.

kj.hayes
07-21-2005, 04:24 PM
If you do buy tickets make sure to check the date and the section and row. You could end up in separate sections if you don't pay close attention to what you are buying.

True--basically if you decide to go this route, have a GOOD look at what you're buying before you hand over your money. These guys sometime produce and sell counterfeit tickets. It's a gamble, but it can be worth it--the first game against the Dodgers I bought some dude's season ticket, 6 rows behind the Sox dugout for $1 over face value. Good luck to you.

Craig Grebeck
07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
woohoo, ticketmaster opened up a couple tickets in section 158 (aisle seats no less), and i scooped them up...thanks for everybody's help

:supernana:

Urban Legend
07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks dcb 33. I got two in 158 also.

Grebeck - my niece's husband played in the minors (Twins organization) with Grebeck's brother.

I'm coming in from Toledo. 3rd trip to The Cell this season. See you at the game.

MUScholar21
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Check out Scott Reifert's blog at http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

I will keep everyone updated on this, but this morning, we had just a few thousand tickets left for tonight and tomorrow. No tickets remain for Saturday, and just two thousand for Sunday.

If you do plan to attend, please act immediately, and I suggest by going on-line at whitesox.com. We expect all four games to sell out ... which would mean six out of seven games on the homestand would be sell outs, with the seventh attracting over 31,000. Way to go, Sox fans!

Looks like you might be better off buying tix online and do Will Call

Urban Legend
07-21-2005, 09:49 PM
MU Scholar - I still wear my Bobby Thigpen t-shirt with pride (White with a black caricature of Bobby that I bought at the Comiskey gift shop around 1989 or 90).

One of the ushers told me (around that time) that the Sox used to go to a bar near Comiskey after the games, and that Bobby was a great guy, life of the party, even though he didn't drink because he had sugar diabetes.

Bobby Jones + Bobby Thigpen. Automatic.

I called Ticketmaster this morning. Agent told me that no more tickets would be released for Saturday's game. I called a season ticket representative at U.S. Cellular this afternoon. She said that if any would be released, they would be on Saturday morning. So what happens? They release more tickets around 4:00. Those little liars. Or maybe they were misinformed. Give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

ZachAL
07-21-2005, 10:43 PM
I have to work my way past the guys selling tickets on the Dan Ryan overpass every game. I believe it is off US Cellular property so the cops don't get involved from what I can tell

You can get tickets, peanuts, ice cold bottle water, and a ball cap all in a matter of 30 feet.

I have never bought a ticket from any of them , but they are there every game.

Tell me about it, last summer I went to a game looking to unload some tickets and I figured I could get Face or whatever near that El stop. I go out there and this cop sees me and sits down right next to me and watches me and how much I sell them for. Meanwhile the guys who are always there selling she didnt care about nor did she care about the guy right next to us selling bottled water on the street which is illegal as well. It's interesting what the cops on 35th there enforce and dont enforce. Either way make sure what you buy is valid.

tacosalbarojas
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Tell me about it, last summer I went to a game looking to unload some tickets and I figured I could get Face or whatever near that El stop. I go out there and this cop sees me and sits down right next to me and watches me and how much I sell them for. Meanwhile the guys who are always there selling she didnt care about nor did she care about the guy right next to us selling bottled water on the street which is illegal as well. It's interesting what the cops on 35th there enforce and dont enforce. Either way make sure what you buy is valid.last homestand I took the el one game and those guys were gone. Maybe they were just moved out for one game, but no one was selling. First time all season I hadn't seen any of those guys over there at the overpass.