PDA

View Full Version : TENTATIVE Info. on Patio Party

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I just got off the phone with Kurt Hasenbalg, a White Sox ticket representative. Here is tentatively what the Sox have set up:

The date will be Thursday, September 8 vs. Kansas City Royals. Patio tickets will be $28.00 per person, a discount of $10.00. You will have the option of buying just a patio ticket or both that and a lower reserved seat ticket for $13.00 more, which is half price (total $41.00), if you don't have a ticket already for the game. You must have a game ticket to purchase a patio ticket. Food and drink, including beer is unlimited.

The patio party starts when the gates open and ends two hours later, at which time everybody has to leave the area for their seats (or wherever).

The groups invited will be WSI, SoxTalk, and the MLB message board group.

Don't try to call now, as they are not ready to take orders yet. They will be emailing me a flyer with all the finalized information. When I get that, I'll post here.

Hey mods, is there any way we can duplicate something like that here? If any of you know, PM me and I'll make arrangements with you on how we'll do that.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Woo-hoo! Nice job, Sox!:bandance:

havelj
07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Excellent news.

I'll be at game tonight.

TaylorStSox
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Food and drink, including beer is unlimited.

:DJ
"Uh Oh!" :cool:

DaveIsHere
07-21-2005, 04:16 PM
SOunds like a great day at the ballparlk!!!

Trav
07-21-2005, 04:19 PM
What the SOX are doing is great for PR ,weather it be word of mouth or the media gets a hold of how they are treating their fan base. I won't be going but it is great to see them doing this. Congrats SOX fans, Jerry is finally starting to deliver on the promise of a 1st class organization.

mr_genius
07-21-2005, 04:22 PM
sweet

i'll probably go

Madvora
07-21-2005, 04:25 PM
So that's a 5:30 to 7:30 patio party then?

Does anyone know anything about guests? Or how they would know you're a member of one of those boards?

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
So that's a 5:30 to 7:30 patio party then?

You are correct. We didn't discuss this, but from past experience with the WCSF, I know that the groups that have parties have a section of tables in the patio area assigned to them.

Hangar18
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
What the SOX are doing is great for PR ,weather it be word of mouth or the media gets a hold of how they are treating their fan base. I won't be going but it is great to see them doing this. Congrats SOX fans, Jerry is finally starting to deliver on the promise of a 1st class organization.

And the Headlines on 9/8?

Sox give away tickets to boost sagging attendance
Tired of being 2nd in attendance to mighty Cubs

1st Class Team? Sox to discount tickets
Feeble attempt at winning back fans

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Sox give away tickets to boost sagging attendance
Tired of being 2nd in attendance to mighty Cubs

1st Class Team? Sox to discount tickets
Feeble attempt at winning back fans

A scoreboard message we'll see at the game:

WSI
Will you marry me?
SoxTalk

The Dude
07-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I just got off the phone with Kurt Hasenbalg, a White Sox ticket representative. Here is tentatively what the Sox have set up:

The date will be Thursday, September 8 vs. Kansas City Royals. Patio tickets will be $28.00 per person, a discount of $10.00. You will have the option of buying just a patio ticket or both that and a lower reserved seat ticket for $13.00 more, which is half price (total $41.00), if you don't have a ticket already for the game. You must have a game ticket to purchase a patio ticket. Food and drink, including beer is unlimited.

The patio party starts when the gates open and ends two hours later, at which time everybody has to leave the area for their seats (or wherever).

Don't try to call now, as they are not ready to take orders yet. They will be emailing me a flyer with all the finalized information. When I get that, I'll post here.

Hey mods, is there any way we can duplicate something like that here? If any of you know, PM me and I'll make arrangements with you on how we'll do that.
Awesome news! Count me in for sure.

Question...how many people does the patio accommodate??

Madvora
07-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Editorial piece by Jay Marriotti...
"Chicago needs to beef up security at next Sox game as JR gives away free booze to try to entice Sox message board members to attack Royals coaches"

ChiSoxPatF
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM

WSI
Will you marry me?
SoxTalk

:rolling:

Awesome job in getting this all together.... I'll be making the 3 hour venture back from school to catch the game that Thursday :gulp:

Iwritecode
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
You are correct. We didn't discuss this, but from past experience with the WCSF, I know that the groups that have parties have a section of tables in the patio area assigned to them.

With the membership of these two sites, I'm thinking we might not just have a "section". We might take up the whole thing. :D:

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
With the membership of these two sites, I'm thinking we might not just have a "section". We might take up the whole thing. :D:One of the things I should ask is how many seats/patio tickets they're putting aside. In fact I think I will.

Madvora
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM
With the membership of these two sites, I'm thinking we might not just have a "section". We might take up the whole thing. :D:
Do you think we get to meet some of the trolls and political posters that have driven a lot of us away from the official Sox board?

mr_genius
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Editorial piece by Jay Marriotti...
"Chicago needs to beef up security at next Sox game as JR gives away free booze to try to entice Sox message board members to attack Royals coaches"

:reinsy

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM

Nuts. I was hoping we could get a rousing chant of "GIDPK" started during the game.

Tekijawa
07-21-2005, 05:15 PM

WSI
Will you marry me?
SoxTalk

Love it... I'm about 99% sure I'll be there!

chisoxfan64
07-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Fantastic, I can`t wait to meet some of you guys and put faces to names.:cool:

bennyw41
07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
That's my Birthday!!!

StillMissOzzie
07-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Can I get tix for the rest of my family (3 more) or only those actually registered with WSI? (eg, moi)?

SMO
:gulp:

Paxson93
07-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Great job & thanks to everyone who worked on this. How cool!

Cowhead418
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I would love to go but I'm sure that I would probably be the youngest there and come off as an annoying young kid to most people. I'm 15 years old. I do have a job so it's not like I spend all my day at WSI or anything like that (*ahem* White Sox Josh *ahem*)!:D:

The Big Squirt
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Count me in! I gotta put some faces with screen names!

BigEdWalsh
07-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow, I would love to go but now I'm in Utah.:rolleyes:

Oh well, to everyone who goes (in advance): Have a blast!

jabrch
07-21-2005, 08:07 PM
That ROCKS! This should be a load of fun.

WinOrDyeTrying
07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I hope I have some time off from the Coast Guard to make it down. I havnt posted very much (various forgettable names in the past), but it still would be nice.

SUPPORT OUT TROOPS!
and shallow water sailors

gobears1987
07-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry I won't be able to attend as I will be in school then at Purdue. I hope everyone enjoys their time at the party.

ode to veeck
07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Do the banned get to attend?

WinOrDyeTrying
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Do the banned get to attend?
No, they get sent to wrigley.

skobabe8
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Go To Patio Party.

Or Die Trying.

ChiSoxGirl
07-21-2005, 11:23 PM
What a fabulous job by Brooks Boyer, Scott Reifert and clan to get this thing organized! I marked the date in my cell phone calendar so I don't forget. I'm SO IN and can't wait to put faces to screen names! :bandance:

Mr. White Sox
07-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow, amazing job setting this all up. I'm going back to school on the 29th of August, so unless I can teleport, I can't make it :smile:. Still, this was a great idea, and I'm glad it's working out. Props to all involved.

chisoxmike
07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm in. Tell me when to buy.

mike squires
07-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Wow, I would love to go but now I'm in Utah.:rolleyes:

Oh well, to everyone who goes (in advance): Have a blast!

They don't have airplanes in Utah?:D:

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Can I get tix for the rest of my family (3 more) or only those actually registered with WSI? (eg, moi)?

SMO

Nothing has been discussed regarding that.

DumpJerry
07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Don't forget nametags so we know who is who.

Great work!!!!

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Don't forget nametags so we know who is who.

Great work!!!!

Okay. Who's buying them?

wdelaney72
07-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Okay. Who's buying them?

Uh, $5 at OfficeMax. If I'm able to go, I'll splurge on the nametags.

SoxFanTillDeath
07-22-2005, 09:42 AM

Shoot. I have Basketball practice for my college team then. Crap, I wanted to go.

Ah, there's still time to make it. If I can somehow get there it won't be until the game starts. Are we going to be able to get seats in the same location so we can still meet each other? Or will all the meeting and such be done in the patio party?

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Shoot. I have Basketball practice for my college team then. Crap, I wanted to go.

Ah, there's still time to make it. If I can somehow get there it won't be until the game starts. Are we going to be able to get seats in the same location so we can still meet each other? Or will all the meeting and such be done in the patio party?

The way I understand it is that there is a section of seats reserved for the three groups. So a lot of mingling can also be done during the game. I may not bring my score book to this one.

Brian26
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
So a lot of mingling can also be done during the game.

Sounds like a typical day at Wrigley. :D:

LVSoxFan
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes nametags are a must or else nobody's going to know who anybody is.

I've probably walked by 20-50 of you this season and not even known it.

MinnySoxFan
07-22-2005, 01:32 PM
southsiders.net is also to be included...

Brian26
07-22-2005, 01:36 PM
southsiders.net is also to be included...

Who? :?:

Young Gun
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Who? :?:

You know cwsox from Soxtalk and from here? That is a forum he put up for all Sox fans in February. I am sure you know of the story behind him at Soxtalk, which sparked him to make South Siders. We won't go into that again, past is past.

Pasqua's Posers
07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Count me in! I went to one of those a few years ago and it was great. Since I had to withdraw from my fight in September, I can partake in the drinking...

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Yes nametags are a must or else nobody's going to know who anybody is.

I've probably walked by 20-50 of you this season and not even known it.

And if one of them was me, you're probably better off that you did.

gobears1987
07-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a typical day at Wrigley. :D:
Except the people mingling will have a clue about baseball.

Cowhead418
07-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Except the people mingling will have a clue about baseball.
Truer words have never been posted.:D: Not to mention that we will all be paying attention to what's going on in the field too.:cool:

house215
07-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll be there!

LuvSox
07-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Ok, I took the day off of work so I can go and meet all of you. Hope I can get a ticket:(:

Pulaski
07-23-2005, 12:03 PM
What a great idea! Unfortunately I will be in Spain. Go Sox!

JohnBasedowYoda
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
how do we get in on this?

Soxzilla
07-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Torn will be posting the e-mail w/ details when he gets it, John.

This would be cool. Though, money is incredibly strapped, so we'll see if I can get a ticket.

Imagine how bad it would be if the Sox were sucking (in the game)...hahaha, it will be like the chat.

*I apologize in advance if I get into fisticuffs with Blueprint*:tongue:

EDIT - What if this was the game were the Sox clinch it!:o:

soxfan43
07-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I am definitely in, hopefully I can get off work alittle early. Most of my friends are scrub fans so it'll be nice to enjoy some intelligent baseball conversation. I'm sure there will be a great turnout

chisoxfanatic
07-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm there...Just let me know of details asap, Hal!

southsidegirl
07-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I would love to go but I'm sure that I would probably be the youngest there and come off as an annoying young kid to most people. I'm 15 years old. I do have a job so it's not like I spend all my day at WSI or anything like that (*ahem* White Sox Josh *ahem*)!:D:

Ugh. That is exactly my problem....

SpammySosa
07-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Imagine how bad it would be if the Sox were sucking (in the game)...hahaha, it will be like the chat.

Does the Patio area have a Roadhouse?:redneck

TimoandAaron
07-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I would love to go but I'm sure that I would probably be the youngest there and come off as an annoying young kid to most people. I'm 15 years old. I do have a job so it's not like I spend all my day at WSI or anything like that (*ahem* White Sox Josh *ahem*)!:D:HA, i am 14 so i would be younger.........................if i could get there.:angry: :angry: :angry:

kevingrt
07-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Question how old would I have to be to enter the patio area?

TornLabrum
07-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Question how old would I have to be to enter the patio area?

I've just emailed our ticket rep asking if there is an age limit and also if there is an age where kids have to be accompanied by an adult. I should be getting this (and I hope the flyer) tomorrow.

ozzman
07-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm in.

Risk
07-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm down.

Risk

SpringfldFan
07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
This whole event is seriously, seriously cool. WSI and Soxtalk would normally be considered competition to the "official" board owned by the White Sox/MLB. In other words, every login to one of these boards represents a time a fan doesn't go and see one of the ad banners on the chisox.com site. Frankly, I am surprised Brooks could pull this off.

IMO the Sox most valuable signing = Brooks Boyer:worship:

SFF

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 01:45 PM
This whole event is seriously, seriously cool. WSI and Soxtalk would normally be considered competition to the "official" board owned by the White Sox/MLB. In other words, every login to one of these boards represents a time a fan doesn't go and see one of the ad banners on the chisox.com site. Frankly, I am surprised Brooks could pull this off.

IMO the Sox most valuable signing = Brooks Boyer:worship:

SFF

Remember, the idea was Scott Reifert's. I think the Sox know that all of us on the various web sites represent what the Sox have named "the core of the core" fans. They know we go to as many games as we can, and all of our web sites have given the Sox nothing but publicity. And they know that's good no matter where it comes from.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm in...totally. Looking forward to it!!

thepaulbowski
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
This sounds great, thanks Hal.

MikeLove
07-25-2005, 07:49 PM
umm do we seriously get free beer or did i just read that wrong?!?! If that is the case im definitely ducking out of school a couple days early for the weekend and going. im sure my sox fan roomate would come with too

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 08:10 PM
umm do we seriously get free beer or did i just read that wrong?!?! If that is the case im definitely ducking out of school a couple days early for the weekend and going. im sure my sox fan roomate would come with too

The patio pass DOES entitle you to unlimited food and beverages (beer and/or soft drinks). You just go up to the guy at the tap and tell him whether you want MGD or Miller Lite. That's why you're paying the money for the patio pass.

Domeshot17
07-25-2005, 11:11 PM
This sounds real cool, I would love to join if no one has a problem ( I just joined WSI about 10-15 days ago, although I have been a die hard sox fan for years)

IF no one minds, i'll be there in the st pattys day sox jersey with the name arbogast blarring across the top

MikeLove
07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
The patio pass DOES entitle you to unlimited food and beverages (beer and/or soft drinks). You just go up to the guy at the tap and tell him whether you want MGD or Miller Lite. That's why you're paying the money for the patio pass.

wow i never knew that, thanks

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2005, 12:44 AM

Is Mai Tai included? I really hate beer.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Is Mai Tai included? I really hate beer.

I think the only alcoholic beverage available in the Patio area is beer.

The Dude
07-26-2005, 01:05 AM
I think the only alcoholic beverage available in the Patio area is beer.

What a shame!

This should be a damn good time. Can't wait to get my tix.:cool:

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Just to keep people up to date:

I tried calling the ticket rep, but only got his voicemail, so I left a message. I'll try to contact him tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon I have to dodge the traffic in Bourbonnais so I can take my mom to the doctor.

Chrisaway
07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
I'd go to that. Chris never turns down free beer or the opportunity to catch a Sox game in good company.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
i look forward to meeting ya'll. and it doesn't matter if you're a youngun or not.

i'll sneak you a beer

are people not in wsi welcome or not?

TornLabrum
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
i look forward to meeting ya'll. and it doesn't matter if you're a youngun or not.

i'll sneak you a beer

are people not in wsi welcome or not?

There's not much of a way of keeping people who aren't regulars from sneaking in, if that's what you mean. If you're talking about bringing guests who are not official WSI members, you bet they're welcome. I'd like it if they actually lurk at the site, though.

My son is inviting some people from work. He tells me they all lurk here or at least are regular readers of the home page. Since they generally tell him they like my column, I said he should invite them. See what I have to say about all of this stuff in the official order form thread.