PDA

View Full Version : July 23rd Tickets - Broker or Scalper?

Urban Legend
07-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm looking to come to the cell for this Saturday's 7/23 game agaist the Carmines. I need two tickets. Problem is that I live in Toledo, three and a half hours away from the gate at The cell's parking lot. I've come to two games this year (my record is 22 times the year new Comiskey opened). This is the first time I've had problems getting tickets.

Is there a broker located in walking distance from The Cell? If so, are they reasonable, dependable?

Where are scalpers usually located near The Cell on game night?

The Sox sometimes release tickets late...I'm hoping that's a possibility. last year I got some club seats as a surprise for my brother a day before the game when they had been listed as unavailable the week before.

Anybody have experience with brokers like StubHub (could I buy tickets on-line Friday and get them for Saturday's game?)? How about with scalpers around Comiskey?

Any advice is appreciated....thanks!

scottjanssens
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Saturday is sold out, so don't expect anything extra tickets coming from the Sox. They've been auctioning those off (proceeds go to charity).My first stop would be to check out craigslist.org (http://chicago.craigslist.org/tix/).

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I agree with the Craigslist suggestion. There are no listing fees, no selling fees, so you're more likely to find someone getting rid of extras for a reasonable price, especially if you can wait 'til the day of the game or the day before.

Rocklive99
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
If you like roaming the concourse, I think they sell standing room at the gate for sold out games. If you do a search for "StubHub" here, I'm sure you'll get some reviews, the jist I get from it is that the service is good, but prepare to overpay.

scottjanssens
07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
If you like roaming the concourse, I think they sell standing room at the gate for sold out games. If you do a search for "StubHub" here, I'm sure you'll get some reviews, the jist I get from it is that the service is good, but prepare to overpay.

StubHub charges the seller 15% so for a seller to recoup his cost he has to ask over face. On top of that StubHub adds 10% to the seller's asking price so the buyer has to pay even more. StubHub is a lousy way of selling tickets. I'd only use it as a last resort for buying.

chisoxmike
07-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I just bought tickets on ticketmaster for Sat. in sec 119. Maybe they released more today.

mike squires
07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Wow, 119!!!? Hawk said on tonights telecast there are seats available for all games...I'd call first, maybe you'll luck out.

Urban Legend
07-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks, chisoxmike. I got on-line at Chisox.com today about 4:30 and got two tickets in 158. When I called the Sox tickets rep at The Cell this aftenoon, and the Ticketmaster rep also, they both said that more tickets would not be forthcoming, or if they did, it would be Saturday morning. The little liars. But maybe they got some misinformation themselves.

Never, never, never give up (in pursuit of Sox ducats)

Region Sox
07-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Driving all that way and paying all that money to see Contreras? The worst half of the Cuban Pitching Crisis. He is not in NY anymore because Boston used to shell him. If you had tickets before you saw the probables that is one thing. Save yourself the heartache!

chisoxmike
07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Driving all that way and paying all that money to see Contreras? The worst half of the Cuban Pitching Crisis. He is not in NY anymore because Boston used to shell him. If you had tickets before you saw the probables that is one thing. Save yourself the heartache!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrapup.jsp?ymd=20040813&content_id=827409&vkey=wrapup2004&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Region Sox
07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
He still gave up 4 runs. And he has been tragic aside from the Cleveland outing as of late.