PDA

View Full Version : All about the baseball, huh?

soltrain21
07-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I am sitting here watching the Cubs game because nothing else is on. And a commercial comes on for "80s night" at Wrigley Field on Monday. Now first off, I thought Wrigley Field was all about pure baseball?

Cubs fans have always gave us **** because we always have promotions, but it seems they have jumped on the boat. And lastly, have the Sox ever had a TV commercial for it? They had Lee and Aramis edited with stupid haircuts.

I guess just another weapon we can use against the "pure baseball" of Wrigley. I can't wait to see all the idiots at Wrigley dressed up like complete idiots, same with Len and Bob. No teal needed.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I am sitting here watching the Cubs game because nothing else is on. And a commercial comes on for "80s night" at Wrigley Field on Monday. Now first off, I thought Wrigley Field was all about pure baseball?

Cubs fans have always gave us **** because we always have promotions, but it seems they have jumped on the boat. And lastly, have the Sox ever had a TV commercial for it? They had Lee and Aramis edited with stupid haircuts.

I guess just another weapon we can use against the "pure baseball" of Wrigley. I can't wait to see all the idiots at Wrigley dressed up like complete idiots, same with Len and Bob. No teal needed.

Don't forget 70's night on August 8th.

Heffalump
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM

There's no need for weapons. We are the best team in baseball. They are a team that will hover around .500 all year in hopes of a "miracle" to break the "curse".

Who cares what the sheep think?

soltrain21
07-21-2005, 12:43 PM
There's no need for weapons. We are the best team in baseball. They are a team that will hover around .500 all year in hopes of a "miracle" to break the "curse".

Who cares what the sheep think?

Here is the thing with Cub fans, though. RECORD DOESN'T MATTER. If we are better than them then all they will talk about is "tradition" and how "pure" they play the game, and how the fans are so loyal and don't need gimmicks to sell the place out.

If I have learned anything from Hangar, it is you need weapons to battle EVERYTHING they say.

fquaye149
07-21-2005, 12:43 PM

They have never claimed to be about pure baseball. Just pure baseball "atmosphere" which I guess means the stadium or the neighborhood or something?

We have always made fun of the Cubs having Barbie Doll Night or Beanie Baby night or Sammy Steroid Duck(should have been a gladiator) Night.

The Cubs are for fans who haven't grown up yet. Funny - I thought the Sox were the kid-friendly team. I guess we are - we just don't take kindly to big babies.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Don't forget about the Beany Babies and American Girl (or whatever that ripoff joint for dolls is) Days. Pure baseball my ***.

fquaye149
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Don't forget about the Beany Babies and American Girl (or whatever that ripoff joint for dolls is) Days. Pure baseball my ***.

lol. beat you by a millisecond.

ShoelessJoeS
07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
yet ANOTHER example of the scrubs organization taking a page out of the sox repertoire (sp?)

*cue the gary coleman pic*

LuvSox
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
People that hang out at Wrigley have a urine fetish.

CubKilla
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Another funny "All about the Baseball" bit I just heard.....

Listening to Pete McMurray's lame show on WCKG, he interviews some guy who is selling Sandberg HoF plaques with authentic dirt from Wrigley's 2nd base included with a portion going to charity. All well and good until McMurray announces "the first Cub fan to call in that can name the year Ryno first retired and the year of his final retirement after his comeback wins one of these plaques compliments of WCKG."

Needless to say, McMurray had to go to a commercial break after all these self-avowed "diehards" couldn't answer both parts of the question correctly. He eventually had to CHANGE THE QUESTION to, "what was the final score in the 'historic' Bruce Sutter game."

A woman, and self-admitted Ryno fanatic, FINALLY got that question right after about 5 or 6 more diehards got it wrong.

All about the baseball.....

CubKilla
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM

Mia Hamm Day and the fact that they are still dancing on top of Harry Carey's grave every mid-7th.....

chitownhawkfan
07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Has anybody seen that homo-erotic picture of five or six Cubs players dressed as the Village People. I think it was a promotion for a seventies night a couple years back, it is classic Cubs. This just got me thinking of it, I'm going to go and find it.b

chitownhawkfan
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Everybody do yourself a favor and check this out http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/macho.htm

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Everybody do yourself a favor and check this out http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/macho.htm

:rolling:

ShoelessJoeS
07-21-2005, 02:08 PM
lol, that site is hilarious

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Another funny "All about the Baseball" bit I just heard.....

Listening to Pete McMurray's lame show on WCKG, he interviews some guy who is selling Sandberg HoF plaques with authentic dirt from Wrigley's 2nd base included with a portion going to charity. All well and good until McMurray announces "the first Cub fan to call in that can name the year Ryno first retired and the year of his final retirement after his comeback wins one of these plaques compliments of WCKG."

Needless to say, McMurray had to go to a commercial break after all these self-avowed "diehards" couldn't answer both parts of the question correctly. He eventually had to CHANGE THE QUESTION to, "what was the final score in the 'historic' Bruce Sutter game."

A woman, and self-admitted Ryno fanatic, FINALLY got that question right after about 5 or 6 more diehards got it wrong.

All about the baseball.....

HEHEHH HEHEH Typical day in the life of a cub fan. This happens way more than the Media thinks too, thats the best part. I laugh DEEP down
when I hear a Bobo Costas type, or even a wanna-be like Mike Kiley saying
that cub fans are the "smartest" in baseball, HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 09:08 AM
yet ANOTHER example of the scrubs organization taking a page out of the sox repertoire (sp?)

*cue the gary coleman pic*

YUP, the copycat organization of MLB, your Chicago Cubs (cue fans cheering!)