PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Saving His Ammo for BoSox Series

TomBradley72
07-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Looking at how Ozzie handled the game yesterday...saving/resting Hermanson, Crede, Podsednik, Marte...anyone else get the feeling his was making sure he was 100% ready to take on the Red Sox at maximum strength? Make sure the WSox send a strong signal getting ready for potentially seeing these guys in the post season?

bennyw41
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Looking at how Ozzie handled the game yesterday...saving/resting Hermanson, Crede, Podsednik, Marte...anyone else get the feeling his was making sure he was 100% ready to take on the Red Sox at maximum strength? Make sure the WSox send a strong signal getting ready for potentially seeing these guys in the post season?

No. I think he rested certain guys because of injury, and because of his routine cycle. I don't see ozzie as one to gear up for certain series, he's always up.

Madvora
07-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't know I could kind of see it that way. That makes sense out of Garcia coming out in the 9th. However he usually sits some guys in the third game.

tschneid83
07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Ozzie does not like to use pods and AJ against lefties....

LVSoxFan
07-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I hope that's what he was doing, because yesterday's game SUCKED.

I've been to 4 straight losses in a row, people. I need a win.

Lip Man 1
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Ozzie may not have had a lot of choice because of the injury situation with Crede and Hermanson.

I don't think he was 'saving' anything for Boston. Just my opinion.

Lip

dcb33
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM

:jerry
"Ahhh... the force is still strong in this one!"

34 Inch Stick
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
A day game after a night game dictated Widger starting and probably Pods as well. If Pods is not starting than Ozuna must start to hit leadoff which means someone in the infield sits. With the kind of lead that the Sox have I don't think they gear up for any team.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 12:42 PM
In case you haven't noticed, the identical twin/triplet/quadruplet/whatever of this thread comes up every time the Sox face a lefty. That's when he uses that lineup.

The mediots haven't figured it out yet, and apparently some around here haven't either.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
In case you haven't noticed, the identical twin/triplet/quadruplet/whatever of this thread comes up every time the Sox face a lefty. That's when he uses that lineup.

The mediots haven't figured it out yet, and apparently some around here haven't either.

No, they haven't. People are always whining about the "Southpaw Wrecking Crew" lineup. For the last time: Pods sits against lefties, as does AJ. Get over it, people!

bigdommer
07-21-2005, 01:01 PM

I'll give you the lineup. Ozzie's lineup was consistent considering it was against a lefty (sit Pods and AJ), day following night (rest AJ and Crede), and the last game of a series (seems like we are always JV in the last game).

However, I think that Ozzie's handling of Garcia was a clear result of looking ahead to the Boston series. Freddy had thrown a ton of pitches, sat through a rain delay (more warm up pitches), and had not thrown the ball well all game. I was shocked that he ran Freddy out there in the ninth, considering all of those things, especially being down by one run. My first thought was that Ozzie was being greedy, thinking that he could save his pen for the Boston series. This plan backfired bigtime, as we all saw. Ozzie knew that Freddy wouldn't pitch until Monday night against a weak KC team, so he could probably take a beating.

This is my take. I thought this before the Sox scored 3 in the ninth. And don't give me the "Ozzie did this with Burly against Ananheim," because Mark was dominating and the Sox were winning. This is different.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll give you the lineup. Ozzie's lineup was consistent considering it was against a lefty (sit Pods and AJ), day following night (rest AJ and Crede), and the last game of a series (seems like we are always JV in the last game).

However, I think that Ozzie's handling of Garcia was a clear result of looking ahead to the Boston series. Freddy had thrown a ton of pitches, sat through a rain delay (more warm up pitches), and had not thrown the ball well all game. I was shocked that he ran Freddy out there in the ninth, considering all of those things, especially being down by one run. My first thought was that Ozzie was being greedy, thinking that he could save his pen for the Boston series. This plan backfired bigtime, as we all saw. Ozzie knew that Freddy wouldn't pitch until Monday night against a weak KC team, so he could probably take a beating.

This is my take. I thought this before the Sox scored 3 in the ninth. And don't give me the "Ozzie did this with Burly against Ananheim," because Mark was dominating and the Sox were winning. This is different.

No thought went into this post whatsoever.

Seriously though, you hit the nail on the head. Nice job.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Now that I'll agree with you on.

daveeym
07-21-2005, 01:36 PM
No thought went into this post whatsoever.

Seriously though, you hit the nail on the head. Nice job. I didn't even bat an eyelash at the lineup but with a banged up hermanson, a relatively used up pen and garcia starting the 8th after a rain delay, let alone the ninth, I definitely felt he was saving/resting/letting the pen recoup for the Boston series.