PDA

View Full Version : SPECULATION- This Weekends Series will determine Trades

07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
IMO, if we lose 3 of 4, or God Forbid get swept, and the Twins inch closer, KW will hit the panic button and make a big deal...if we Win the series or at least split, he is going to stay as is...maybe a small bullpen help...I got a good feeling on this...KW wants to win now, he always refers to my call sign here.... 1917!!!

itsnotrequired
07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
IMO, if we lose 3 of 4, or God Forbid get swept, and the Twins inch closer, KW will hit the panic button and make a big deal...if we Win the series or at least split, he is going to stay as is...maybe a small bullpen help...I got a good feeling on this...KW wants to win now, he always refers to my call sign here.... 1917!!!

Although KW has come out and said he isn't looking to make any big trades before the deadline, I don't really believe it. I'm sure he has all kinds of little deals cooking right now.

Will the upcoming series determine what action he takes? Possibly but I hope not. KW needs to show patience and not pull a deal simply because the Sox drop a few games.

Cubsuck_a_lot
07-21-2005, 11:05 AM
i would say he's gonna pull the trigger no matter what. we cant continue with contreras stuggling and hermanson out with a bad back, which hasnt been reported on with much depth. i think he's waiting for the opportunity to arise rather than sit back and "see what happens." he knows where we need a little help and will fill the holes as he deems them necessary. i do see what youre saying, though, and i agree that this weekend will allow him to gauge a little better as to what he should aquire.

BeviBall!
07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
A trades or trades will happen regardless. I think the Sox need to, at least, split this series to keep the red flaggers off our backs for the time being.

Fred Manrique
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
After this weekend teams like the Blue Jays, Marlins, Giants, Dodgers, and Phillies will have a better idea whether they are going to be sellers or not. I am sure we'll have some more concrete trade rumors by Monday.

Madvora
07-21-2005, 11:19 AM
After this weekend teams like the Blue Jays, Marlins, Giants, Dodgers, and Phillies will have a better idea whether they are going to be sellers or not. I am sure we'll have some more concrete trade rumors by Monday.
You're right. Someone needs to drop out of these races already.
I can't remember a season where more teams have been in contention.

That might be good because none of or competitors can't get any better and we're already the best team.

34 Inch Stick
07-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I think there will be a lot of 11th hour trades this year. While KW's MO is to pull off trades early he has been frustrated by delusional teams. Still I have a feeling KW has been burning up the phone lines for the better part of this month. The man simply enjoys the trading aspect of being a GM.

veeter
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I trust KW, he'll undoubtedly do something. If it's for a big name he'll give up a lot. And it will look real bad at first. Then as time goes on, the guys he gives up will either never make it or just be o.k. He's either a master at not giving up much or he's really lucky. Either way he does a great job.

bumptious96
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I think there will be a lot of 11th hour trades this year. While KW's MO is to pull off trades early he has been frustrated by delusional teams. Still I have a feeling KW has been burning up the phone lines for the better part of this month. The man simply enjoys the trading aspect of being a GM.

I totally agree about the 1th hour trades. No one is going to want to call it quits on the season until they absolutely have to. Especially teams like the Philllies and Marlins. I'd rather have Kenny wait till a couple days to the deadline to see if one of these teams can freefall in the standings within the next ten days.