PDA

View Full Version : Chris Shelton a Future Star?

swanson24
07-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't know how this guy's career is going to play out but I have to say that I was impressed by him during the July 18 - 20th series at U.S. Cellular. For the record I am a die hard White Sox fan and not some Tigers troll posing on this website but I have to say that Shelton could be a good player for the Detroit squad. I was interested in hearing what others on this website thought about Chris Shelton. Thanks for your time and keep the socks flying high.
:cool:

Hangar18
07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't know how this guy's career is going to play out but I have to say that I was impressed by him during the July 18 - 20th series at U.S. Cellular. For the record I am a die hard White Sox fan and not some Tigers troll posing on this website but I have to say that Shelton could be a good player for the Detroit squad. I was interested in hearing what others on this website thought about Chris Shelton. Thanks for your time and keep the socks flying high.

He and Maggs killed us, we couldnt get them out. What was Shelton hitting
coming in ... .330?

swanson24
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Shelton was hitting great coming into the All Star break and some people in the media believed he was snubbed for not making the A.L. team. However, I bring up this topic because some players in the league have a lot of promise but fail to live up to the hype. Here are some notable Detroit players who flirted with greatness but slowly fizzled out; Tony Clark, Carlos Pena and C.J. Nitkowski, Bobby Higginson and Robert Fick. I want to see players that are hyped from within the organization do well because it makes for great baseball games. I want to see the Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox rivalry intensify there have been some very memorable games in this rivalry and players who have risen to the occasion. Chris Shelton looks like a player who Detroit fans can root for and baseball fans can appreciate.

samram
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
I said it in the game thread yesterday, but I'm waiting for Shelton to pee in a cup.

IlliniSox
07-21-2005, 11:10 AM
.350! I know this only because I picked him up on my fantasy team. He hasn't started at Catcher yet this year, but he's caught in the minors. (So he's eligible at catcher in espn's fantasy leagues, hurray for me.)

Hangar18
07-21-2005, 11:37 AM
I want to see the Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox rivalry intensify there have been some very memorable games in this rivalry and players who have risen to the occasion. Chris Shelton looks like a player who Detroit fans can root for and baseball fans can appreciate.

I said this last season, and I'll say it again. The AL Central is about to become a PREMIER division shortly. The White Sox, Twinks, Tiggers and Indians are all for real and all just several tweaks away from being really really good. Obviously, were better .........

veeter
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Some guys are born to hit, he's one of them. Strong guy, short compact swing, always thinks center to right center. I wish we had him.

hose
07-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Shelton can flat out rake.

Lets see how he does next year , I'm sure most AL teams will try and exploit any weakness they find. I think he is going to be a stud.

buehrle4cy05
07-21-2005, 08:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how Shelton gets pitched by other teams. Over the course of the season, somebody should find a weakness, right?

NonetheLoaiza
07-22-2005, 12:26 AM
His hitting is amazing. His face on the other hand...wow...