PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it...

Cowhead418
07-21-2005, 09:23 AM
From what I've heard from the likes of the Tribune, Sun-times, fans from other teams, ESPN is that we should fear the Red Sox. Why the hell should we be scared of them? Shouldn't they be afraid of us? Sure their offense is scary but good pitching will beat good hitting. There isn't anything remotely scary about their pitching. I hope the Sox weren't looking ahead to these guys during that Tigers series. The Red Sox are just another team that is going to be victimized by us. I fully expect either Baltimore or New York (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=10113)to be in first at the end of the weekend.

Kuzman
07-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Theyre defending World Series Champs, along with one of the best offenses in the game. We will find out the White Sox are for real or not this series.

ilsox7
07-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Theyre defending World Series Champs, along with one of the best offenses in the game. We will find out the White Sox are for real or not this series.

This series has nothing to do with whether or not the Sox are for real. We could sweep and still not win it all or get swept and still win it all. The goal right now is to make the playoffs. Once that happens, we hope our pitching holds up, we get hot, and have a little luck.

SSN721
07-21-2005, 09:36 AM

You're right, they have proven nothing up to this point.

Kuzman
07-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Ok I guess I should repost. The reason theyre underdogs in this series is Boston is the defending world series champ and theyre on the East Coast. Theyve definetly proven themselves, dont get me wrong.

scottjanssens
07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
When the Sox sweep the series their tune will change.

Hangar18
07-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Good Pitching/Great Hitting ...........ALWAYS beats
Good Pitching/Ok Hitting

fquaye149
07-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Peter is that you? Say hi to Harold for me when you get a chance.

fquaye149
07-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Good Pitching/Ok Hitting

Always is a long time. However that's irrelevant.

Average pitching/Great hitting (what the Blow Sox have)
DOES NOT ALWAYS BEAT
Great pitching/Average hitting

I heard SOSH is looking for new members

(I didn't actually hear that)

veeter
07-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Good Pitching/Ok Hitting Who's who here?

Lip Man 1
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Let's see if Boston was in the Sox division they'd be 10 1/2 behind.

Look they are a good team but they are not a great one, this isn't the 27 Yankees or the 75 Reds here folks.

They are what 10-12 games over .500? SOMEBODY has been beating them fairly regularly right?

Lip

MIgrenade
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
If you get past the BoSox starters you will win. The bullpen is useless. You have to get there before their offense gets you.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-21-2005, 01:21 PM
The only pitcher im scared of is matt clement. Bring on the rest! Im not even worried cuz we have buehrle on the mound.

dcb33
07-21-2005, 01:25 PM
If you get past the BoSox starters you will win. The bullpen is useless. You have to get there before their offense gets you.

The starters aren't so great either. The toughest test for the Sox will be Clement tonight, but he's dropped his last two starts and we have Buehrle pitching. Past that their rotation goes Wakefield, Miller, and Arroyo, none of which are particularly intimidating. I expect the Sox to at least split if not win this series against the Carmines.

wdelaney72
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
In the past, the Sox have struggled against the West Coast teeams and handled Boston and the Yankees fairly well. This year, we've still struggled with the same teams. I think we'll match up very well against the Red Sawx.

maurice
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Both the Red Sox and the Yankees have had crap pitching this year.

Until and unless they get their **** together, they should fear us.