PDA

View Full Version : Review of The Sandlot 2 (some spoilers)

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I just finished watching The Sandlot 2 which I purchased today. Earlier this year, when the direct-to-DVD sequel to The Sandlot was released, I feared that this movie would be a horrific mockery of its prequel. The Sandlot 2 was actually not all that bad. It was basically a corny-but-cute copy of the first movie.

The movie has corresponding characters between the two movies. This movie's "Johnnie Smalls" is the younger brother of the first movie's "Scotty Smalls." "David Vincent Durango" is the sequel's verson of "Benjamin Franklin Rodríguez." And "Mac McKing" is the updated version of "Hamilton Porter." "Goliath" in this movie is from the litter of "Hercules." The one key difference is this movie is that the three Goodfairer sisters become part of the Sandlot squad. One central theme is the budding romance between the eldest one, Hayley, and David.

The second movie takes place a decade after the first, and it pays adequate tribute to characters from the first movie. Mr. Goodfairer is a NASA scientist, and he is the designer of the space shuttle. He kept a model of it locked secretly in the garage, but rocket afcionado Johnny eventually brings it to the Sandlot and launches it into space. When the shuttle orbiter eventually comes back to earth, guess where it lands: Mr. Mertle's yard now guarded by new beast "Goliath." I'll leave it at that.

Malgar 12
07-21-2005, 08:15 AM
How is that not "horrific mockery", it sounds TERRIBLE.

SOXintheBURGH
07-21-2005, 08:44 AM
He had kissed a woman. And he had kissed her long; and good.