PDA

View Full Version : Stadiumm Club Question?

GiveMeSox
07-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I won in a charity auction a few months ago a foursome to the sat night game agaist boston with a parking pass and 4 stadium club passes. My question is do these stadium club passes just give us access or do they give us food/drink as well. And if they dont how much does it cost to eat up there (buffet or not)? Is it even worth it for me to eat up there?

dickallen15
07-20-2005, 07:31 PM
You're going to have to pay. Credit card only, I believe.

Jerko
07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I won in a charity auction a few months ago a foursome to the sat night game agaist boston with a parking pass and 4 stadium club passes. My question is do these stadium club passes just give us access or do they give us food/drink as well. And if they dont how much does it cost to eat up there (buffet or not)? Is it even worth it for me to eat up there?

Stadium club passes get you into the club. Everything else is on the credit card. Sammys are like 7 bucks, beers are about 5 or 6 beans each. For what it's worth, the sandwiches are great up there. It WILL cost you though.

robertks61
07-20-2005, 07:36 PM
15% gratuity also. Sandwiches are great though.

ode to veeck
07-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Say hello to Jami the bartenter for me (Mike from SF). She's a friend of Voodoo's and mine from wayy back when.

whitesoxwilkes
07-20-2005, 07:46 PM

If they say "CREDIT CARD REQUIRED," all the grub and suds is on your dime. If they say "MEMBER ACCOUNT" or something similar, chow down and drink up.

Banix12
07-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Call ahead for reservations if you want to eat the buffet in the dining room on the lower level, otherwise you'll have to eat in the bar upstairs.

I would eat in the dining room if given the choice, especially for the boston series when the bar is likely to be completely packed.

The buffet costs I believe costs around $20 dollars a person, maybe a little above that but not much more. Alcoholic beverages are extra. The food is definitely worth it.

Rocklive99
07-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I've been there a few times thanks to some friends' work, I was expecting the buffet to cost more, but it wasn't bad, about as much you'd expect to spend per person if you want out to a even your regular franchise dinner (I think it was low 20s when I went). I really liked the food, the view of the field is also cool, but I always end up going down to my seats because that is my favored ballpark/game atmosphere. I've never been to the bar/upstairs.

Hagan
07-20-2005, 09:41 PM
I hate it up there. Its really cool to go before the game and eat (for around 25 bucks a person) then go down and watch the game but watching the game up there is so boring. No one really cheers in the dining area and it feels like you are jsut watching it on television. My advise would be to go before the game or if it rains.

GiveMeSox
07-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I hate it up there. Its really cool to go before the game and eat (for around 25 bucks a person) then go down and watch the game but watching the game up there is so boring. No one really cheers in the dining area and it feels like you are jsut watching it on television. My advise would be to go before the game or if it rains.

Yeah i think im gonna pass on it. The tickets were expensive enough. I dont need to go spend $30-$40 up there on food and drink when i can spend $15 and get the best ballpark food there is along with a beer. Sounds like a good thing for corporate accounts though, but not for a bunch of 21 year old guys goin to the game. Ill take a dog, some penuts, and a miller lite.

THAT MEANS I HAVE 4 STADIUM CLUB PASSES AVAILABLE FOR SAT NIGHTS GAME, IF YOU WANT THEM YOU CAN ARRANGE TO MEET ME AT THE PARK AND ILL GIVE THEM TO YOU, for a small price! I ALSO WILL PROBABLY HAVE A PARKING PERMIT AVAILABLE SINCE IT CAME WITH THE AUCTION AND I WILL MOST LIKELY TAKE THE TRAIN ON IN, someone can have that for a small price (let me know)!

steff
07-21-2005, 04:35 AM
THAT MEANS I HAVE 4 STADIUM CLUB PASSES AVAILABLE FOR SAT NIGHTS GAME, IF YOU WANT THEM YOU CAN ARRANGE TO MEET ME AT THE PARK AND ILL GIVE THEM TO YOU, for a small price! I ALSO WILL PROBABLY HAVE A PARKING PERMIT AVAILABLE SINCE IT CAME WITH THE AUCTION AND I WILL MOST LIKELY TAKE THE TRAIN ON IN, someone can have that for a small price (let me know)!

Hmm.. you got them for FREE yet you want to charge for them.. nice.

dademz1
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM

I gotta agree with ya on this one

Where's the love

You know what Golden tickets are a godsend, that's why you should pass the love along when you get em...

alohafri
07-21-2005, 12:27 PM
The Stadium Club is a nice place to "hide" if the Sox are getting their butts kicked, or if it's hot/raining/seats are crappy. We alsways go upstairs to the bar. (As stated before, you need reservations if you want to eat in the restaurant.)

Once you go in the bar, you present your pass and a credit card. No cash is accepted. Your drinks and food will be charged on the CC, and a 15% tip is automatically charged also. You can either leave without closing out the bill or you can close it before you leave, it doesn't matter. It is expensive but you don't have to spend a fortune unless you want to.

We usually have a couple of beers and maybe some cheese fries--we don't usually order the buffet. The food is excellent.

If you give your passes to someone, be sure and relay this info to them so
they will know what to do.

Also, occasionally you will see a "bigwig" or two--Jerry Reinsdorf sometimes can be found in the S. club bar.

---Mrs. Aloha

steff
07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I think it's 18% tip now... We'll probably find out tonight Peg... :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
07-21-2005, 04:26 PM

None of my business, but I thought that it was part of a charity auction that he won, so he already musta paid something for the package. Sounds like a partial recoup to me...

SMO
:gulp:

GiveMeSox
07-21-2005, 05:23 PM

I didnt get them for free. I won an auction for them that included the parking pass and stadium club passes and for tickets. All and all I paid like $250 for that package. That means each stadium clubs pass roughly costs $20 and I am willing to sell time for like $5.

PennStater98r
07-21-2005, 05:24 PM
None of my business, but I thought that it was part of a charity auction that he won, so he already musta paid something for the package. Sounds like a partial recoup to me...

SMO

Sounds the same to me. Poor guy getting jumped all over...

GiveMeSox
07-21-2005, 05:26 PM

SMO

It is, i dont know who assumes that winning an auction means you pay nothing. I had to outbid everyone else for it and the proceeds to go charity. I paid $250 for the deal.

steff
07-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I didnt get them for free. I won an auction for them that included the parking pass and stadium club passes and for tickets. All and all I paid like $250 for that package. That means each stadium clubs pass roughly costs $20 and I am willing to sell time for like $5.

The cash value of them is $2.50....

If anyone needs or wants to get into the club.. PM me and if I'm going to the game you can have my passes for FREE.

skottyj242
07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
The cash value of them is $2.50....

If anyone needs or wants to get into the club.. PM me and if I'm going to the game you can have my passes for FREE.

Oh Steff, I read that he was asking for a small fee and I immediately thought of you and I scrolled down and you were the next post, I luuuuv it when you get on people about this kind of thing.

As far as the Stadium Club remember that to get in the restaurant there's a dress code, no shorts not even jeans. I haven't been up there this year in the bar do they still charge you like five bucks or whatever to sit on the glass? That and the "Best Seat in the House" have to be the two biggest scams in the park.

LVSoxFan
07-22-2005, 12:59 PM
When I went to the stadium club I thought it was sterile and honestly, it would be more exciting to watch a game at a bar somewhere else. It's true--nobody cheers and it's a very country-club like experience, which makes me shudder.

Although I have not been to the bar upstairs though, which I hear is better.

The buffet food was the standard stuff you'd find at a hotel Sunday brunch.

But you're behind glass, and the TVs up there are not big screen.

If you want to impress somebody with an elite Sox experience (money permitting), I'd vote for getting a skybox on the 100 level. You can open the windows, you're close the seats (compared to the 200 level) and you get your own food and bartender. Sweet!

But even then... I'd rather sit in the bleachers or die trying!

Jerko
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
They have about 4 plasma TVs in the bar area, and I have seats on the glass tonight and was not charged for that. I usually don't go to the restaurant level however.

steff
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
They have about 4 plasma TVs in the bar area, and I have seats on the glass tonight and was not charged for that. I usually don't go to the restaurant level however.

It's not $5 until the game starts.. strange rule, IMO. They just add it to the bill.

Also.. you can wear shorts and jeans in the resturant. But you can't look like a slob. No tank tops though.

skottyj242
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
It's not $5 until the game starts.. strange rule, IMO. They just add it to the bill.

Also.. you can wear shorts and jeans in the resturant. But you can't look like a slob. No tank tops though.

Really? Have they changed that recently? I remember going a few years ago and getting turned away because my girlfriend was wearing jeans so we had to go and sit in the bar.

steff
07-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Really? Have they changed that recently? I remember going a few years ago and getting turned away because my girlfriend was wearing jeans so we had to go and sit in the bar.

I honestly don't know. As long as we've had the membership we've always gotten in there with jeans or shorts on. At least 7 years now..

Jerko
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
I honestly don't know. As long as we've had the membership we've always gotten in there with jeans or shorts on. At least 7 years now..

Same here. Tank tops have been the only no-no.