PDA

View Full Version : Wood gone in the 4th?

Jerko
07-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Reds 3-0 over Cubs in the 4th, Wood out.

ilsox7
07-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Carrie Woods hurt? Shocking.

itsnotrequired
07-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Did he leave due to some injury or the fact that he has already given up three HRs?

Jerko
07-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Did he leave due to some injury or the fact that he has already given up three HRs?

The announcers don't know. They're making it sound like an injury, but they ARE Cub announcers so they could be wrong. EDIT: He got glanced on the foot with a come-backer. He should be ok. NOW THEY SAY RIGHT SHOULDER STIFFNESS. He's fine.

ilsox7
07-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Right shoulder stiffness. This guy is a wuss. Either that or he should give up pitching.

Jerko
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.cbabaseball.com/Stone%20Steve%201.jpg

"It's my fault"

robertks61
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
He's in Cincy, maybe he can go sell used cars at one of Marge Schott's old dealerships.

ilsox7
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I will never cheer an injurt and I am not doing this here. But my God, this is ridiculous. Either this guy has something seriously wrong with his shoulder and needs surgery or other treatment, or he simply cannot pitch with the normal wear and tear on a pitcher's shoulder. If I'm the Cub, I try to con someone into taking him of my hands...and we all know Hendry is terrific at that.

Cowhead418
07-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I will never cheer an injurt and I am not doing this here. But my God, this is ridiculous. Either this guy has something seriously wrong with his shoulder and needs surgery or other treatment, or he simply cannot pitch with the normal wear and tear on a pitcher's shoulder. If I'm the Cub, I try to con someone into taking him of my hands...and we all know Hendry is terrific at that.
I'm with you. I've never and never will cheer an unjury. What is happening with Wood is absolutely ridiculous as you put it. If he is out for an extended period of time (15-day DL) then I bet that will be the last straw. Hendry will probably strike a Wood-Burnett deal then given his history.

SOXfnNlansing
07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
He's in Cincy, maybe he can go sell used cars at one of Marge Schott's old dealerships. ....but he struck out 20 Astros

veeter
07-20-2005, 09:39 PM
I want the cubs to keep him forever. I can get past the maddening, "Kerry Wood is great" stuff because I know he really useless. The over rating of their own players is the foundation for all Cub failures.

Heffalump
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Ha.....I get to enjoy all the Cubbie fans at my office crying tomorrow about all their bad luck.

It is not bad luck. It is stupidity. Carrie doesn't have the mechanics to be a starter. She needs to overhaul her delivery to lessen the stress on her arm, or become a closer.

SomebodyToldMe
07-21-2005, 12:30 AM
....but he struck out 20 Astros

:roflmao:
Post of the week!!!

Dan H
07-21-2005, 07:37 AM
It is the same old story. I don't cheer anyone's injury, either, but this is ridiculoous. Wood gets hurt, the Cubs downplay it, and then Wood sits a couple months. I am glad he is not the Sox. We have had enough of players with great potential not making it. The Cubbies are going nowhere. Their fans just don't know it, yet.

DaleJRFan
07-21-2005, 11:03 AM

"It's my fault"

Only because of that wretched sweater.

PatK
07-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I can't remember the guy who comes in on Thursday to talk baseball with Mike and Mike, but he said it's heavily rumored that Kerry is a HUGE wuss who has little to no tolerance for pain or discomfort.

SOXPHILE
07-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I think he hurt it when he recently was in Cooperstown overseeing the continuing construction of his own wing of the Hall of Fame. He will be, as you all know, the first and only player to be inducted into the Hall while still playing.

Seriously, is any one here surprised ? Did anyone not think that the most overrated, overhyped pitcher in baseball wouldn't go down again before the year was over ?

Vernam
07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I can't remember the guy who comes in on Thursday to talk baseball with Mike and Mike, but he said it's heavily rumored that Kerry is a HUGE wuss who has little to no tolerance for pain or discomfort.
Rumored?! :dtroll:

Kerry Wood will be the Sammy Sosa of this coming off-season.

VC

ChiSoxPatF
07-21-2005, 04:09 PM

"It's my fault"

:rolling:

itsnotrequired
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Rumored?! :dtroll:

Kerry Wood will be the Sammy Sosa of this coming off-season.

VC

Very good chance that will happen. I was pretty amazed at how quickly the "die-hard" fans turned their back on one of their own with the whole Sosa situation.