PDA

View Full Version : PTI: White Sox Odds of making the World Series

rowand33
07-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Wilbon- 25%. which he felt was pretty good. based it on our 3 great starters. speed. defense.

Mariotti- 40%. thinks we'll make a big move.

BridgePortNative
07-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Mariotti is always preaching about making another trade, it can be a little annoying, actually it's very annoying.

Kogs35
07-20-2005, 06:16 PM
OT: Wheres kornhieser, just curious. havnt watched pti in a month

rowand33
07-20-2005, 06:19 PM

no idea.

I just turned on it late last week/ethis week and Mariotti was on.

mjmcend
07-20-2005, 06:47 PM

Vacation

samram
07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Wilbon- 25%. which he felt was pretty good. based it on our 3 great starters. speed. defense.

Haha. I'll bet Jay thought Wilbon was going to say something far higher, so his 40% figure would sound low.

RallyBowl
07-20-2005, 06:59 PM
kornheiser would've said 0, he's a sawx fan. marriotti is still a douchbag.

SOXintheBURGH
07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
kornheiser would've said 0, he's a sawx fan. marriotti is still a douchbag.

He's a Yankee fan from Long Island.

SpartanSoxFan
07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
These mornonic ESPN slappies can write us off everyday 'till the freakin' cows come home. We will have the last laugh.

GiveMeSox
07-20-2005, 10:50 PM

Ill go with whatever Vegas says. They got their odds from professional odds and line making companies that take into account every factor and do the hard math and state to determine the odds. Stick with what work and take the vegas odds. Anyone know what they are?

Fred Manrique
07-20-2005, 11:16 PM
www.tradesports.com has them at about 5-1 odds of winning the AL, so Wilbon and Jay were actually giving the Sox a compliment. I know we started the year around 40-1 to win the series and 25-1 to win the AL. Coulda really cashed in possibly...

Bisco Stu
07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
All my Skankee and Sawx friends are CONVINCED we're getting swept in the ALDS. I say nothing, just wait till October.

Iwritecode
07-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Ill go with whatever Vegas says. They got their odds from professional odds and line making companies that take into account every factor and do the hard math and state to determine the odds. Stick with what work and take the vegas odds. Anyone know what they are?

Yea right...

Vegas only looks at which team is getting bet on the most and adjusts their odds accordingly. IIRC, they still have the Cubs as 3-1 for winning the WS (or something crazy like that).

patbooyah
07-21-2005, 11:13 AM

fwiw, this is what they thought on june 22nd:

Wilbon: 10%

Korheiser: 20% that the Sox win the World Series Have to go through the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, and have no playoff experience

MUScholar21
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM

Early June we were dead even with Yankees and Red Sox at 5-1 at all the sports books I was in.

samram
07-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Wilbon: 10%

Kornheiser: 20% that the Sox win the World Series Have to go through the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, and have no playoff experience

Players on the Sox with playoff experience: Garcia, Contreras, Hernandez, Pierszynski, Konerko, Iguchi (?), Dye, Everett, Thomas, Perez, Hermanson. Yeah, no experience there.

ChiSoxPatF
07-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Mariotti is always preaching about making another trade, it can be a little annoying, actually it's very annoying.

Well its a no-lose prediction for him to make. He said in an article we need to add "another starting pitcher, another reliever, and another bat." This is obviously impossible for any team to pull off in this trade market without trading away the cities of Charlotte and Birmingham.

So when we don't get EVERYTHING he says we need, then he'll comeback at the end of the year if we lose and say "I told you so" and "its all that cheapskate Reinsdorf's fault."

If we succeed this postseason in any fashion, this city will be so ecstatic that no one will care what a dim-witted, egomaniacal sportswriter said in June.

I didn't see PTI but I'm shocked he gave us a 40% chance of winning the WS without slipping in a Reinsdorf or Ozzie bash.

jdm2662
07-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Early June we were dead even with Yankees and Red Sox at 5-1 at all the sports books I was in.

At the middle of May, the Sox were 12-1... Haven't looked recently.
________
Kx85 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KX85)

MushMouth
07-21-2005, 12:22 PM
www.tradesports.com (http://www.tradesports.com) has them at about 5-1 odds of winning the AL, so Wilbon and Jay were actually giving the Sox a compliment. I know we started the year around 40-1 to win the series and 25-1 to win the AL. Coulda really cashed in possibly...

yeah - I got 4-1 to win the DIVISION before the year!