PDA

View Full Version : [teal]I can't believe this[\teal]

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Apparently, some visitors to the Queen City this week have been problematic. I can't believe it.

Linky (http://p206.ezboard.com/framblermaniafrm1.showMessage?topicID=5651.topic)

BridgePortNative
07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Apparently, some visitors to the Queen City this week have been problematic. I can't believe it.

Linky (http://p206.ezboard.com/framblermaniafrm1.showMessage?topicID=5651.topic)

No Way! I thought the Cubs were so darn cute and such lovable losers! No news here. At least some other people around the country realized the truth about these bandwagon "fans" if you can call some of them that.

(although it would be nice to talk to a more baseball savy Cubs Fan, who knows the game, not when it's last call at Wrigley.)

dividedsk717
07-20-2005, 05:40 PM
No surprise here.

I've attended 4 Reds/Cubs games at GABP; one at the begining of 2003 (few Cubs fans), one at the end of 2003 (loads of them), one in 2004 (loads of them) and one this year (again, loads of them).

They're loud, they're arrogant and they complain about Cincinnati, the Reds and the ballpark (which I think is one of the best in baseball), and in general don't have a clue what's happening on the field. Again, no news here.

Cincinnati's a great baseball town with knowledgeable fans, and the Cubbie caravan that comes to town does nothing but bring the baseball atmosphere down.

At least the Reds are 4-0 when in those games I attended. :gulp:

fquaye149
07-20-2005, 05:59 PM
No surprise here.

I've attended 4 Reds/Cubs games at GABP; one at the begining of 2003 (few Cubs fans), one at the end of 2003 (loads of them), one in 2004 (loads of them) and one this year (again, loads of them).

They're loud, they're arrogant and they complain about Cincinnati, the Reds and the ballpark (which I think is one of the best in baseball), and in general don't have a clue what's happening on the field. Again, no news here.

Cincinnati's a great baseball town with knowledgeable fans, and the Cubbie caravan that comes to town does nothing but bring the baseball atmosphere down.

At least the Reds are 4-0 when in those games I attended. :gulp:

Damn you phish fans!

But on a serious note: I have seen the Scrubs ruin Miller Park on far too many occasions. I remember taking a trip with my high school baseball team to see the Brew Crew (Ahman Green came along with us...he was asst. coaching our team and was a class act all the way). We had a great time having a contest to see which group of us could get the most pictures of us with hot chicks (the team with Ahman won by a landslide). Then the game was awesome - the first post-Davey Lopes game - Ned Yost's inaugural effort. I made a sign that said "Free Davey Lopes" and got on tv.

However all the fun we had was marred by the goddamned Cub fans' drunken antics after the game. The amount of **** they talked (they lost the game) was unreal. "At least we have a better stadium"...their serenade.

"At least we won the game" was one of my teammates' reply.

ChiSoxPatF
07-21-2005, 04:33 PM
What is the Cub/Chicago media obsession with referring to Sox fans as mullett-wearing felons?

There were two incidents in the past 3 decades as compared to the constant vandalism, public drunkeness, and multiple incidents IN WRIGLEY DURING GAMES. Heck, they had a murder across the street. Why are we someone the degenerates of Chicago?

Iwritecode
07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I think the Cubs fans are still upset that they lost to the Reds at the end of last year and couldn't quite get the WC spot...

:)