PDA

View Full Version : Who's rooting for Minnesota to make the playoffs?

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 02:49 PM
I am definitely rooting for the Twins to make the wild card.

I think that would be much better for the Sox than having both the Yankees and Red Sox to contend with in the playoffs.

Who's with me on that ?

ChiSoxPatF
07-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Anybody but the A's.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Why don't we wait and see what the next 13 games against the Twins show us before we back ANYONE. We need to back the Sox first.

Tekijawa
07-20-2005, 02:54 PM
BOOOOOOOO, get off the stage!

Tragg
07-20-2005, 02:55 PM
I am definitely rooting for the Twins to make the wild card.

I think that would be much better for the Sox than having both the Yankees and Red Sox to contend with in the playoffs.

Who's with me on that ? Doesn't help because we won't play the Twins - it means we play either the angels or the yankees.
I'd prefer baltimore to win the wc.

grizzbr
07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Sorry, Randy, but I live up here and have to put up with these fans and media, most of whom constantly bash the SOX.

For my two cents worth, I hope the Twinks finish just above KC about 34 1/2 games behind our guys.

34 Inch Stick
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I will worry about positioning in the playoffs once the Sox clinch. Until then I want the Twins to lose and the Sox to win.

ChicagoHoosier
07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I will worry about positioning in the playoffs once the Sox clinch. Until then I want the Twins to lose and the Sox to win.

DITTO!!! I'm much more interested in clinching than jockeying for playoff position at this point. Today, Twins win another tight one and Sox are down at the rain break. Last thing I want to talk about is rooting for the Twins to make the playoffs.

LongLiveFisk
07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Anybody but the A's.

I'll second that. The only way I would actually root for Minnesota is if their presence in the playoffs is at the direct expense of Oakland.

mccoydp
07-20-2005, 03:57 PM
All I'm rooting for is for the Twinkies to totally collapse and tie the Royals for last place...no way would I ever root for those bungholes to get anywhere near the playoffs.

cubhater
07-20-2005, 04:19 PM
First things first...we need to clinch before talking about who we want to face in the playoffs.

But it would be nice to beat the Twinks in October after all the lumps they gave us the past few seasons.

jackbrohamer
07-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Are you nuts? If the Twinkies never won another game during my lifetime I'd be ecstatic.

chisoxmike
07-20-2005, 06:55 PM
1) The Sox haven't made the playoffs.

2) Think about it, if the Sox and Twins played in a ALCS matchup and lost I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Winning the divsion, then losing to the team in the playoffs that couldn't overtake you... pathetic.

3) But, beating the Twins would be so sweet. The series would be a bloodbath. But not worthy of any attention from ESPN becuase we all know the ONLY riviary in baseball is Red $ox/Yankee$ and Cubs/Cardinals.

4) I want the Twins going nowhere near the postseason. They've had enough fun for a while.

chisoxfan64
07-20-2005, 07:04 PM
We have to stop saying we have to contend with this team or that team. We are the best team in baseball, and all the other teams have to contend with us.

ode to veeck
07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Worse case would be Oakland in the playoffs, but I'd wager history would be thrown out the door for that one, as well as us left coasters would get to go to a few more games. Other than that, I don't really care. Bring on whoevers gonna lose to the Sox!

StockdaleForVeep
07-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Im not rootin for any team to make wildcard, im not gonna support a potential contender