PDA

View Full Version : Boston hotel in Chicago?

gr8mexico
07-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Can anyone tell me were the Redsox stay when they come to Chicago.If anyone can help me I would really appreciated?I bought a 2005 All-Star ball and I'm trying to get the ball signed by as many members of the All-Star team as possible.

MrEd
07-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't know for sure, but generally baseball teams stay at the Westin on Michigan Ave, just north of the Hancock building. It's possible the Red Sox stay somewhere else, but I've seen other teams stay at the Westin, including the Yankees.

MUScholar21
07-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't have it with me at work, but check the Media Guide. It lists hotels for the Sox in each city, and the away team's hotel in Chicago.

gr8mexico
07-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem getting in to the hotels and trying to meet the players.I thought it would be cool to try to get most of the All-Star players especially knowing I can get Mark,Paulie,Jon & Scottie.How can I get a media guide If someone has an extra one ill buy it.Thanks guys

ChiSoxPatF
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
There was an article online a few weeks ago about teams traveling using fake names in hotels to avoid people trying to get autographs and various female types. I believe it was on SportingNews or SI.com but they normally give fake names to the attendents and only the Traveling Director knows who the players really are. You may just find Wile E. Coyote and Tony Montana are the Westin or wherever it is. :(:

Good luck though, let us know how it works out.

miker
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
There was an article online a few weeks ago about teams traveling using fake names in hotels to avoid people trying to get autographs and various female types. I believe it was on SportingNews or SI.com but they normally give fake names to the attendents and only the Traveling Director knows who the players really are. You may just find Wile E. Coyote and Tony Montana are the Westin or wherever it is.

Anyone know Kenny Roger's fake name when the Rangers visit? I want to deliver room service while holding a camera...:smile:

Heffalump
07-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Any one know Kenny Roger's fake name when the Rangers visit? I want to deliver room service while holding a camera...:smile:

I think he goes by the alias of "jackass"

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Any one know Kenny Roger's fake name when the Rangers visit? I want to deliver room service while holding a camera...:smile:

Monroe Ficus.

mr_genius
07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Anyone know Kenny Roger's fake name when the Rangers visit? I want to deliver room service while holding a camera...:smile:

hahahaha

you can put it on the board, yes!

Hangar18
07-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Can anyone tell me were the Redsox stay when they come to Chicago.If anyone can help me I would really appreciated?I bought a 2005 All-Star ball and I'm trying to get the ball signed by as many members of the All-Star team as possible.

W Hotel on LakeShore Drive

downstairs
07-20-2005, 02:58 PM

He travels as "Kenny Rogers"... but the country star, not the baseball pitcher.

steff
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Wrong. The Westin on Michigan just north of Water Tower Place. If your under 21, do not go in the bar. They will kick you out. Wait in the lobby.. they will come out to sign.

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Wrong. The Westin on Michigan just north of Water Tower Place. If your under 21, do not go in the bar. They will kick you out. Wait in the lobby.. they will come out to sign.

Steff do the visiting teams alway stay there?

steff
07-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Steff do the visiting teams alway stay there?

American League teams, yes.

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2005, 04:53 PM
American League teams, yes.

Thanks for the info.

soxfan43
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM

I work right near there and am friends with a few people who work there. They get a lot of celeb types but my buddy said no red sox or any other MLB teams.

steff
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I work right near there and am friends with a few people who work there. They get a lot of celeb types but my buddy said no red sox or any other MLB teams.

I don't know what the heck Henry was thinking.. especially since we've taken him to see the O's at the Westin a few times. :rolleyes:

GiveMeSox
07-20-2005, 08:50 PM

I beleive the Westin right along the chicago river is where most stay. I know thay is where Darle Kyle passed away a few years ago (may he RIP)!

Brian26
07-20-2005, 09:17 PM

I just checked my AL Red Book from 2002....Steff's correct. The AL teams stay at the Westin on Michigan Avenue (not the Westin River North location). 312.943.7200 if anyone needs to call. The only team listed as not staying there is the Yankees (they stay, or used to stay, at the House of Blues Loews Hotel). The Loews chain, by the way, is the classiest Hotel chain in the country IMHO. Top notch all the way.

gr8mexico
07-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Wrong. The Westin on Michigan just north of Water Tower Place. If your under 21, do not go in the bar. They will kick you out. Wait in the lobby.. they will come out to sign..Thank you very much for the info.

steff
07-21-2005, 12:14 PM
.Thank you very much for the info.

You're welcome. And you'll have good luck. Boston players are one of the nicest group of guys.

Bump34
07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
FYI... just left Boston and they told me they are staying at The Four Seasons... this is their first time there... they usually stay at the Ritz... they and the Yankees dare to be different...

Over By There
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
FYI... just left Boston and they told me they are staying at The Four Seasons... this is their first time there... they usually stay at the Ritz... they and the Yankees dare to be different...

You just can't stay away, huh Dave? :wink: :smile:

steff
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Hmm.. Damon and the missus were at the Westin bar last night.. :?:

Maybe some of them are on the Cal Ripkin travel plan... :wink: