PDA

View Full Version : Troy Pervical done for season, maybe career

PatK
07-20-2005, 12:53 PM
MLB.com is reporting that Troy is done for the season and possibly forever after re-injuring his elbow.

Between him and Magglio, that's $21 million well spent this season.

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2005, 01:03 PM
MLB.com is reporting that Troy is done for the season and possibly forever after re-injuring his elbow.

Between him and Magglio, that's $21 million well spent this season.

And that's why, even with Maggs, the Tiggers won't be a force to be worried about for the next several years.

SMO
:gulp:

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 03:38 PM
really do know what they are doing. The Tigers obviously don't . Some spend money just to spend it.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Sox could have a little extra dough to gamble with and could afford to be wrong once in a while ?

Anyways, props to the GM's that stayed away from this guy. Sometimes, I think that some of these GM's really know what they are doing.

PennStater98r
07-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I'll bet the Tigers are wishing they had Percival healthy right now - at this very moment - or still had Urbinia.

The Dude
07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll bet the Tigers are wishing they had Percival healthy right now - at this very moment - or still had Urbinia.

No freaking way! I figured they'd be happy that Percival was hurt and that they traded away Urbina.

Brian26
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
And that's why, even with Maggs, the Tiggers won't be a force to be worried about for the next several years.

As good as some of their young talent is, they also have some guys getting up there in age. Nook Logan, though, is the fastest man on the planet as far as I'm concerned. If he can learn to hit, he'll be a dangerous player someday.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2005, 09:42 AM

How long did it take you to come up with this?

PennStater98r
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
No freaking way! I figured they'd be happy that Percival was hurt and that they traded away Urbina.

Perhaps you missed the time of the post, but at the time that I posted it, there was a guy on 1st and 2nd with Farnsworthless getting ready to blow the game for the Kitties. It wasn't my point to state the obvious. It was my point to post something as the Sox were making their come back last night, but then again, I suppose I should have expected to be challenged and berated by the older users. It's a pattern I've noticed for the couple of months that I simply read these forums.

Anyway, that's the crummy thing about posting in forums, had I been sitting in a room with you guys watching the game and said, "I'll be the Tigers are missing Percival and Urbina right now," during the 9th inning yesterday, I doubt you guys would have responded sarcastically. Instead, you probably would have nodded and said something like: "No doubt!"

I made a comment in which you guys missed the context.

The Dude
07-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Perhaps you missed the time of the post, but at the time that I posted it, there was a guy on 1st and 2nd with Farnsworthless getting ready to blow the game for the Kitties. It wasn't my point to state the obvious. It was my point to post something as the Sox were making their come back last night, but then again, I suppose I should have expected to be challenged and berated by the older users. It's a pattern I've noticed for the couple of months that I simply read these forums.

Anyway, that's the crummy thing about posting in forums, had I been sitting in a room with you guys watching the game and said, "I'll be the Tigers are missing Percival and Urbina right now," during the 9th inning yesterday, I doubt you guys would have responded sarcastically. Instead, you probably would have nodded and said something like: "No doubt!"

I made a comment in which you guys missed the context.

Gotcha. And to respond to your original post...

No doubt man!:D:

PennStater98r
07-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Gotcha. And to respond to your original post...

No doubt man!:D:

Like - right on - man! :cool: