PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome to interview Paul Konerko today...

The Racehorse
07-20-2005, 11:20 AM
... during the second hour of his show. I won't be near a computer until this evening. If no one catches it and posts the comments, I'll do a recap tonight.

RKMeibalane
07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I have a bad feeling about this.

fquaye149
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I have a bad feeling about this.

lol @ you and star wars

Steakpita
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
oh, man... ::fingers crossed:: ... please don't say anything dumb, pauly.

1951Campbell
07-20-2005, 12:07 PM
:walnuts
"I luuuuuuuuuv Torii Hunter."

Mickster
07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
"Jim Rome is the best radio personality that I have ever spoken to!"

BiggWilli
07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Jim rome has the worst show ever he insults people for running with the bulls which is a tradition and he made fun of clint barnes for falling up the stairs.

qoute "Im jim rome and im perfect"

Sxy Mofo
07-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Phenomenal.

Everyone see frank calliendo (the impersonation guy who does the picks on fox football sunday) do his impression of Rome? It's Phenomenal. And hilarious.

cleanwsox
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Phenomenal.

Everyone see frank calliendo (the impersonation guy who does the picks on fox football sunday) do his impression of Rome? It's Phenomenal. And hilarious.

"Look, I just faxed myself"

FedEx227
07-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Phenomenal......I mean...........................just great..........that Paul Konerko........................................... ..................would come..........................onto my show..............just phenomenal...................................breat htaking....................wow.................... ...what more can I say?

that guys impression is perfect Jim Rome the master of insanely long pauses between words.

cleanwsox
07-20-2005, 12:24 PM
http://www.frankcaliendo.com/high_bandwidth/multimedia_download.html

You have to scroll down to get to Jim Rome, but it is hilarious.

Sxy Mofo
07-20-2005, 12:30 PM
http://www.frankcaliendo.com/high_bandwidth/multimedia_download.html

You have to scroll down to get to Jim Rome, but it is hilarious.

Thanks for that link. Calliendo was on the bob & tom show this morning. He's so good at what he does.

scottjanssens
07-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Does this mean we're on the radar now?

So.ILSoxFan
07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
"I'm......shuffling papers for no particular reason.........I.....have only one paper in front of me...........why does........it make so much.....noise?"

:roflmao:

whitesoxfan
07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
his 5-10 second pauses are the best :D:

wsbaseball9
07-20-2005, 01:24 PM
"I'm......shuffling papers for no particular reason.........I.....have only one paper in front of me...........why does........it make so much.....noise?"

:roflmao:

so funny
'this is HUUUUUUUGE'

'230 for the wusses'

BigHurtEm35
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I can only imagine the things that will come out of Paulies head on live TV with a host like Jim Rome. Get ready for some good ol Fashioned Paulie "why didnt I put the foot in my mouth" Konerko.

The Racehorse
07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Rome: you guys are 30 games over .500, is it over?

PK: we still have 14 head to heads with the Twins, it’s never over

Rome: might you get so far ahead, does those games matter

PK: I hope so… I got no problem if we take care of it… if we take care of our own business, we’ll be there at the end.

Rome: you guys have been getting such good consistent pitching all year long, with arms like that you’ll be in it every single night…

PK: yeah, there have been a handful of games that we’ve been out of at the get go.. but if you look at the games we’ve lost, we’ve been ahead and close… so that is what the one run game record is what it is… we’ve got timely hitting, winning those games early in the season.… building to team chemistry get everybody rolling in the same direction.

Rome: any concern you get so far ahead that you don’t play any meaningful games come October, then you have to flip that switch.

PK: that was the case in 2000, we had a commanding lead but that team blew everyone out… this team is used to playing close nail biters every night… I don’t see that happening with our pitching…

Rome: you played in your second all star game last week, I’m sure you had a passing interest in that game.

PK: in the back in your mind, you don’t want to put the cart before the horse… I believe all star games shouldn’t matter, but if it does, yeah having that home field advantage matter…

Rome: so in the back of your mind… but your not going to go up to Danny Baez and say to him “hey, this game may not seem a hell of a lot to you, but to me it does so you better step it up pal” [chuckles]

PK: not us, but maybe the Red Sox coaching staff was planting some seeds [chuckles]

Rome: you’re a free agent after this season, you’ve done well in Chicago, they’ve treated you well, any idea how it will play out,… or better yet, is that where you want to be?

PK: it is for me, I’ve said last of season anytime you want to talk, lets gets something done… up to this point we haven’t talked… I know I have to play hard everyday… as far as me being back here next year, I can’t tell you if the signs are good or bad,.. I love playing here, they treat my family well here… the ball is in there court really

Rome: you said something interesting recently how relief pitchers weren’t coming after hitters like earlier in the year… people always make out that the drug policy always effects hitters… what about relief pitchers in terms of the drug policy… if they’re not coming at guys as aggressively, is the drug policy affecting them too

PK: I didn’t think the game had a huge drug problem as was made to be out… but if you look at guys who’ve been caught recently, it’s been pitchers… I don’t think pitchers do it to throw harder, but for recovery…. But as a hitter, you want it to be an even playing ground… if they’re going to get on the hitters, then you got to get on the pitcher…

fquaye149
07-21-2005, 05:55 PM
very good interview...

Not a lot of news there...but there's not a lot of news with the Sox - we just keep on trucking :D:

attaboy Pauleee

Frater Perdurabo
07-21-2005, 06:15 PM
If the quotes above are an accurate representation or even exact quotes of what Paulie said, I have to give him credit. Nice interview, Paulie!

RallyBowl
07-21-2005, 06:26 PM

"Hey, Danny Baez is the best closer I've ever played with. Period."

The Racehorse
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
The quotes are paraphrased... I have the JR streamlink and replayed the interview...

Konerko talked in allot of starts & stops. No way could I type the interview word for word. I think he did good, but hearing his cadence was somewhat frustrating [and monotone] too me. Of course he is paid to play 1B and mash, not be a polished speaker...

Anyway, I was hoping a couple probing questions regarding Ozzie or A.J.... oh well.