PDA

View Full Version : Try to relax Sox fans....

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
all of the non-Sox fans in the world are going to predict the White Sox to lose to the favorites in the playoffs. That's just how it is going to be.

It bothers me also when the White Sox are dismissed as non-World Series threats. But, I just have to say to myself that we have to prove it first.

Noone touted the Angels or Marlins to win before the playoffs started. The teams that have been in the playoffs many times in recent years and that have won in the playoffs - Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, Cards etc. will be picked to win. That's just how it is.

This will change after the Sox win the first playoff series. And, if they don't win it then all these other people will be right.

ode to veeck
07-20-2005, 12:15 PM
it's called flying under the radar, with a little stealth thrown in for good measure

Lip Man 1
07-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Many variables can change come October. Before predicting anything it's best to wait until one is closer to the situation.

As for me considering the year the Sox have had (and expect to finish with...) I'm satisfied as long as they don't get swept and win at least a home game (I don't want the media to have a chance to promote a rather embarassing post season record...)

Lip

RustyKuntz
07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
To be considered the best, you can't just beat the champ...you got to knock him out.

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 12:59 PM
if they lose in the first round, I will be devastated - like most Sox fans, I suspect.

Also, all the cub fans and Sox detractors will start howling about it.

They have to win one playoff series or the Sox and us will be walking away with our tails between our legs.

alohafri
07-20-2005, 01:05 PM
a guy from my office (scrub fan) has made a bet with me that the Sox won't make the playoffs.

--Mrs. Aloha

batmanZoSo
07-20-2005, 01:14 PM
No team really scares me in the AL this year. I think the Sox can beat anybody if they play like they're capable. We can't have a bunch of chokers not hitting the ball again. Last time in the playoffs their sphincters were all tight and you can probably blame Manuel for that. If there's any consolation now I think an Ozzie team is not nearly as likely to be that way. This time we have several guys with a lot of playoff experience, multiple trips there, NLCS and even World Series experience.

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
a guy from my office (scrub fan) has made a bet with me that the Sox won't make the playoffs.

--Mrs. Aloha

I know that you'll enjoy spending your money. Only an idiot (flubs fan) would think the Sox could miss the playoffs. Tell them they are not the ultimate chokers er losers - the flubs hold that title.

scottjanssens
07-20-2005, 02:29 PM
No team really scares me in the AL this year. I think the Sox can beat anybody if they play like they're capable.

So you wouldn't be concerned if we played the A's in the first round?

ChiSoxPatF
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
So you wouldn't be concerned if we played the A's in the first round?

Lets pray that doesn't happen :worship: . The A's scare the bejeebus out of me because we can just never seem to beat them. I think we should actually be watching the A's record as much as the Twins, Indians, or AL East.

The Angels will be tough but we've proven we can play with them and we shouldn't run into them until the ALCS, provided we get there first.

The O's, BoSox and Yankees all have serious pitching problems that will make them very vunerable in the playoffs.

Finally, we'd only run into the Indians or Twins if we make it to the ALCS which would be a blast to see ESPN have to cover someone other than the AL East (sorry, I had to get my crack in there).:bandance: