PDA

View Full Version : Do they have to go 6 Innings?

07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Ozzie seems to be set on having his starters go 6 innings....now I know our Bullpen is nicked up but I don't remember how many times he pulled a starter early...Jose should have been yanked 2 batter earlier last night, but Ozzie seems to be content with letting them clean up there own messes....our bats were dead so I guess it didn't matter in the end...but there has been other games were he left them in a inning too long and it cost us....I know I can't complain with our record, but I don't want dead arms in Sept-Oct.....if they don't got it, pull them

scottjanssens
07-20-2005, 11:05 AM
It's been widely discussed that allowing pitchers to clean up their own messes is what's helped make Garland the pitcher he is this year.

miker
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Remember the regular season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Our previous manager loved to go to the bullpen...and drove it right into the ground!

It may be frustrating when a starter doesn't have his best stuff and he's getting hit hard...but in the end, I want starters with stanima and a bullpen that's not been overworked.

I think we'll be okay.

dcb33
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
It's worked pretty well so far.

kevingrt
07-20-2005, 11:10 AM

Don't fix it if ain't broken.

scottjanssens
07-20-2005, 11:12 AM

Yeah, I used to nitpick a lot of Ozzie's moves earlier in the season. Then we hit 20 games over .500. It's kind of hard to argue with that.

Iwritecode
07-20-2005, 12:37 PM
It's been argued that pitchers today don't have enough stamina because they don't pitch enough.

The starters are the ones that should be pitching most of the innings. Having a well-rested and solid bullpen in the playoffs will certainly help.