Here's my response:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/rnr/85692101.html

OWNED.

Baby Fisk
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Word! :cheers:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I stopped when I read about the advertisements at the Cell. Didn't the Cubs just install some LED boards and the thing behind homeplate to have advertisements? Stupid cub fans.

SoxFan78
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Good Job! I think true Cub fans would be offended by that guy's tirade!

dickallen15
07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm glad the Cub fan had a horrible time at USCF last night. Who wants Cub fans there anyway?

miker
07-20-2005, 11:41 AM
More reasons why Cub fans should be rounded up and put on an island...or at least prevented from coming to U.S. Cellular Field.

Good job with the response, LVSoxFan!

skottyj242
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
That was awesome!!!

chisoxfanatic
07-20-2005, 11:45 AM
More reasons why Cub fans should be rounded up and put on an island...or at least prevented from coming to U.S. Cellular Field.

Good job with the response, LVSoxFan!

How about round them up, put them on an island, and IMPLODE the entire island! The world's collective IQ would raise 100 points.

santo=dorf
07-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I stopped when I read about the advertisements at the Cell. Didn't the Cubs just install some LED boards and the thing behind homeplate to have advertisements? Stupid cub fans.
....and they installed ELECTRONIC scoreboard sponsored by McDonald's on the UD in 2004, and not to mention all of the roof top advertising, along with being the first ballpark to corporately sell out its name.
:rolleyes:

bumptious96
07-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Although I don't like the Chevy Pride Crew thing, I don't think its that big of a deal. Our upper deck may be steep, but its not worse (and it may be better) than many other ball parks around the country. The upper deck is a matter of perspective and Idiot Cubs fan and all of Chicago before Comiskey II was built simply had never experienced a modern "upper-deck."

I went to Wrigley for the first time this year for the Sox-Cub series because 1. The tickets were free and 2. the Sox were playing. I sat down the right field line and couldn't see the whole right field corner and had to stand up everytime to see Crazy Carl catch a fly ball. The rows and section are way too long and big, so if you sit on the aisle like I did...you are simply ****ed by all the traffic and vendors selling ****ty beer.

Also, my neck needed some serious massaging after the game b/c I was always looking to my far left so see home plate. Although I have heard this complaint about similar seats at the Cell. And their scoreboards blow.

I understand why so many people like to see Cubs games, and its not because the Cubs consistently play good baseball, in fact, it has nothing to do with their team. The whole area around the park was like a Friday night at U of I. I have no problem with that, but clearly, its not because Cubs have the best fans or even fans at all. Its people that want to go to a party the Cubs are hosting.

I didn't even go to the bathrooms because of everything I have heard and waited to go until I left the park. I got some food there and it doesn't come close to U.S. Cellular. It compares more to poopy. So, Idiot Cub fan, you are a jag-bag and a buffoon.

P.S. About the 7th inning stretch. Cubs fans should be very embarrassed about that. Harry has been gone for a long, long time. Trotting out B-list celebs and even non-celebs EVERY GAME is one of the biggest, most embarrassing marketing gimmicks of all time. Day after day after day they trot out retards to embarrass themselves and the franchicse on a daily basis. I cannot believe people still enjoy or even pay attention to that crap.

TornLabrum
07-20-2005, 11:48 AM
You forgot to mention one thing. I live in the 'burbs so I have to drive in. A few years ago, to park in one of the private lots at Wrigley, it cost me 25 bucks. I'm sure they're ripping off their customers for more than that nowadays.

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2005, 11:49 AM
FYI, 35th and Cermak are parallel roads.

My response to his entire spiel would have been "I thought it was all about baseball with you. So why are you so focused on non-baseball things that you spent 90% of your post slamming them? In case you hadn't noticed, the Sox are 32 games above .500 -- good enough baseball for you?"

FARMEO
07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
He lost me when he said that the urinal is all about baseball, but then he describes the dump as a "beer garden" and a place "to check out tail".

Uncle_Patrick
07-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Actually, I'm glad that loser posted what he did. I hope it helps keep away all the "I'm a diehard Cubs fan but I'll go to a White Sox game in my new Mark Prior jersey and hat and boo the Sox and then go and tell people that the Sox aren't as good as their record and complain about how bad US Cellular is but plan on going back"-types.

Hokiesox
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Good job. But, you forgot to tell correct his statistic on being 19-18 against the AL. Against the AL central (you know...the people we HAVE to beat), the Sox are 31-6. Against the rest of the AL (the teams not standing in our way of a playoff birth), the Sox are 19-18.

I'll take that.

LVSoxFan
07-20-2005, 12:02 PM
You forgot to mention one thing. I live in the 'burbs so I have to drive in. A few years ago, to park in one of the private lots at Wrigley, it cost me 25 bucks. I'm sure they're ripping off their customers for more than that nowadays.

When the Cubs were in the playoffs in '03 they were charging $100 to park around the field. No joke.

LVSoxFan
07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
FYI, 35th and Cermak are parallel roads.

My response to his entire spiel would have been "I thought it was all about baseball with you. So why are you so focused on non-baseball things that you spent 90% of your post slamming them? In case you hadn't noticed, the Sox are 32 games above .500 -- good enough baseball for you?"

Oops! I should have said Cermak & Wabash or whatever is right there.

SOXintheBURGH
07-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Well done! :gulp:

mccoydp
07-20-2005, 12:13 PM
That was a great response to the Cubs dork, BTW.

Let's hope he doesn't reproduce one day...and give birth to a kid named "Mekon".

19-18 against the rest of the A.L.? After August, it doesn't mean squat. The Sox face the Central after that, and they OWN the Central.

If you don't like the park, or the team, stay home.

samram
07-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Echoing earlier sentiments, the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley is the biggest embarassment in Chicago sports right now.

I love how it's "always about the baseball" and then there's one paragraph about the game which shows a complete lack of baseball knowledge.

If ignorance is bliss, he's the happiest guy on the planet.

PatK
07-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Classic.

Well Done

RKMeibalane
07-20-2005, 12:45 PM

And the teams, too. Ozzie had to pay for parking at McDonald's last year.

tromcoe
07-20-2005, 12:47 PM
That was awesome!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth!!

Great Job!!:bandance:

Hangar18
07-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Ive been saying this for years ........ They are the DUMBEST fans in baseball

alohafri
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Absolutely an EXCELLENT response to the scrubbie moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---Mrs. Aloha

Risk
07-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Excellent response.

BTW, when I was reading all of this it got me thinking about the one WSI poster who had in his sig line--"What do you call a Cub fan with an opinion? WRONG!"

Classic.

Risk

chitownhawkfan
07-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Can somebody post the response or private message it to me, it got taken down off of the site.

Thanks

chaerulez
07-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Good job. But, you forgot to tell correct his statistic on being 19-18 against the AL. Against the AL central (you know...the people we HAVE to beat), the Sox are 31-6. Against the rest of the AL (the teams not standing in our way of a playoff birth), the Sox are 19-18.

I'll take that.

That 19-18 is also a little misleading because of our record against Oakland. If I'm not mistaken, we have winning records against Tampa, Anaheim, Texas, Baltimore and Toronto.

Taliesinrk
07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Can somebody post the response or private message it to me, it got taken down off of the site.

Thanks

Myself as well... I'm not able to get it either..

voodoochile
07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Heck, post it here. You own it and they took it down.

Just edit out any swear words first or let the censor take care of it if they are properly spelled...

MarySwiss
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Heck, post it here. You own it and they took it down.

Just edit out any swear words first or let the censor take care of it if they are properly spelled...

Although I didn't finish reading the one that moron put up, I'd be interested in reading your response, too.

And do you know why they took it down? Just curious.

Stroker Ace
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Seriously, this is why seeing a game at Wrigley is much better. It's about the baseball. :rolling: :roflmao: HAHAHA:roflmao: :rolling:
What a complete idiot!

MUsoxfan
07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
These posts have now been removed. Oh well....I probably would have ended up pissed off anyway

Jerko
07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I stopped reading after I saw the word "Comiskular".

robiwho
07-20-2005, 09:50 PM
While I didn't get to read the posts, I have to tell you that my friends father-in-law (Cub fan) called her on Tuesday to "confess" that he had gone to Monday night's Sox game and had a really good time. Apparently, he went on and on about what a great park we have. :smile:

TornLabrum
07-20-2005, 10:50 PM
While I didn't get to read the posts, I have to tell you that my friends father-in-law (Cub fan) called her on Tuesday to "confess" that he had gone to Monday night's Sox game and had a really good time. Apparently, he went on and on about what a great park we have. :smile:

Amazing how that happens when intelligent people start comparing the two ballparks.

DrCrawdad
07-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Amazing how that happens when intelligent people start comparing the two ballparks.

I went to a game with a drug company rep last week (the night of Rat Pack). The rep, Rick, hadn't been to a Sox game since 1960. Rick is a Cubbie fan.

Before we went to Rick said that he heard that you had to pay kids money to protect your car. To which I asked, "What the (heck) are you talking about? The Sox own the lots around the park. If someone is paying for protection inside the lot, after they paid to park there, they're a moron."

We sat in the UD. Rick couldn't get over how nice the park is. Rick said that looks much, much better in person rather than on tv.

Towards the end of the game Rick started spouting the usual Cubbie fan crap. Rick said that most of the crowd was "low class, blue-collar." On the way out of the lot Rick felt compelled to start yapping at two black kids walking by dressed in black suits. The two 15-18 year old kids told Rick to shut his mouth and get his ass back to the northside. I was hoping they'd drag his ass out of the car and give him a beating. I might have joined in though.

soxwon
07-20-2005, 11:28 PM
i couldnt read it, it was pulled too quickly!!

what did it say?

Trav
07-21-2005, 04:16 AM
I went to a game with a drug company rep last week (the night of Rat Pack). The rep, Rick, hadn't been to a Sox game since 1960. Rick is a Cubbie fan.

Before we went to Rick said that he heard that you had to pay kids money to protect your car. To which I asked, "What the (heck) are you talking about? The Sox own the lots around the park. If someone is paying for protection inside the lot, after they paid to park there, they're a moron."

We sat in the UD. Rick couldn't get over how nice the park is. Rick said that looks much, much better in person rather than on tv.

Towards the end of the game Rick started spouting the usual Cubbie fan crap. Rick said that most of the crowd was "low class, blue-collar." On the way out of the lot Rick felt compelled to start yapping at two black kids walking by dressed in black suits. The two 15-18 year old kids told Rick to shut his mouth and get his ass back to the northside. I was hoping they'd drag his ass out of the car and give him a beating. I might have joined in though.

We used to pay kids to watch our car but that was when we would park on the street. For free. Am I the only one? Haven't done it in a while, though. I don't think you need to anymore. The area is much nicer than it once was.

SOXintheBURGH
07-21-2005, 08:42 AM
We used to pay kids to watch our car but that was when we would park on the street. For free. Am I the only one? Haven't done it in a while, though. I don't think you need to anymore. The area is much nicer than it once was.

For some reason this reminds me of "Vacation" when the Griswalds had to pull over in East St. Louis for directions. :tongue:

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
For some reason this reminds me of "Vacation" when the Griswalds had to pull over in East St. Louis for directions. :tongue:

About 30 years ago, a guy I went to college with (Cubs fan) decided to take in a ball game at Comiskey Park. He was driving a '72 Pinto. Rather than pay the $3.00 for White Sox parking (if it was even that much), he decided to park on Wentworth (iirc). A kid told him he'd watch his car for a quarter. My friend said, "No, thanks."

When he got back the car had no tires, no windows, and no radio.

Madvora
07-21-2005, 09:19 AM

*gunshot*
*screams in the distance*
- Griswold - "Roll em up!"

SSN721
07-21-2005, 10:18 AM
*gunshot*
*screams in the distance*
- Griswold - "Roll em up!"

*You kids seeing all this plight?* :D:

LVSoxFan
07-21-2005, 10:48 AM
JUST SO EVERYBODY KNOWS...

The post was up all morning yesterday.

I don't have either saved, but suffice to say I handed that moron his hat--his post was a typical Cub fan rant about the Sox and the park, one that was not only idiotic but full of inaccuracies and fabrications.

For instance: he claimed that, sitting in the UD, he could see all the "housing projects" around Sox park.

I tore him apart point by point, and... wouldn't you know it, by yesterday afternoon Craig's list had "removed" my post because people had flagged it (probably the original poster).

Sore losers.

Mark
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Well lookee here (Mods...if anything needs to be booted, I'll give way to your judgement...Cub fan thoughts (is that a misnomer?) appear in italics:

re: A Cubs Fan at a Sox Game

Reply to: anon-85692101@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-07-20, 10:10AM CDT

Unbelievable. Let me clue you in, Cubs fan, on some things.

"I went to U.S. Comiskular last night to take in White Sox baseball, even though I am a diehard Cubs fan. I haven't gone to a Sox game in 2 years, and I remembered why after last night.

The park is nice, but there is just too much. Way too many ads, too many sound effects after every f****** pitch, too much s*** on the scoreboard, and I also got a nice view of the projects and low-income housing from my view behind home plate in the upper deck."

-That's certainly interesting, Cubs fan, since the projects were demolished years ago. To the East is IIT, to the North is neighborhoods, to the South is neighborhoods, to the West is Bridgeport. Are you sure you were at the Cell? Because there are no projects nearby anymore, unless you go to 35th and Cermak, which is Chinatown. So why don't you explain to everybody how your lame stereotype of the Sox being in the middle of a project is still possible? As for there being too much "going on," funny: we don't notice. We're watching the game.

"Seriously, this is why seeing a game at Wrigley is much better. It's about the baseball. It's always about the baseball. Not about ads, stupid s*** on scoreboards, annoying sound effects, and more ads."

-*****. Yeah, RIGHT. In the bleachers, where I've sat many times, it's all about the baseball with you Cub fans. At the world's largest beer garden. What an absolute joke.

"The best part was in between 2 innings, they drove out a couple Chevy Silverados on the warning track and threw out t-shirts to the crowd. What a joke!"

Who cares what they do... between innings, fool? At least the joke at the Cell is "between innings" and not during the nine being played. You know what they should throw out between innings at Wrigley? Crying towels. You'll be needing them come October.

"And 7th inning stretch at Wrigley is much better. Half the people at the Sox game didn't know what was going on! Also, nothing to do around the park."

-Hey, does somebody want to clue in Superfan here that his beloved 7th inning stretch... originated at Comiskey? Yes, if you knew richard--you apparently don't--you'd know that this originated with Nancy Faust playing it at the 7th inning, and that when she noticed Harry (your beloved Harry Caray, who was with us first) singing along, they ended up giving him a mic. Thus, a tradition was born. When Harry left and went to the Cubs, he took it with him. You can thank us later for providing you with your 7th inning tradition. Why don't we do it now? Because it's your tradition... fool! Not ours anymore. BTW we don't throw the home run balls back, either.

"Attendance. While I have to admit that I noticed that attendance at Sox games has been up, but 31,000 for the best team in baseball on Pepsi Half-price night to me is still f****** pathetic (and the weather was great too)"

We don't care. You can have your endless sellouts and tickets scalped by the Tribune company and your overflow crowds of dewy-eyed Cub fans from all over the greater Chicagoland area, visiting their favorite sports Disney attraction: the Cubs. You said it yourself: best team in baseball. You seem to think that because attendance isn't the same is the Cubs, this somehow equates us with your sub-500 team that engineered the biggest choke in Chicago sports history. That's right, the biggest, Mr. Five Outs Away From the World Series.

Don't worry about us; we'll be fine. With our best team in baseball.

"The upper deck. Yes, I know it was designed because of the zoning restrictions, but its too steep. It sucks. I understand why people don't go to the games, because they don't want to sit up there."

-People who want to go to games actually buy tickets to the lower level and enjoy it, instead of skulk in on half-priced Tuesday because they're too goddamn cheap and then complain about what kind of seats they got in the UD for 10 bones. You get what you pay for, genius. And I've sat in the UD just about everywhere you can be up there--too STEEP? You should have seen it before they put the roof on!

"Lack of beer guys walking around. Where the hell were these guys? During the course of the whole game (yes, I stayed the whole game) I think I saw maybe 4 beer guys come down our aisle the whole time. But I did see the cotton candy guys at least 10 times. F*** that."

-NEWS FLASH FOR MR. ONCE EVERY TWO YEAR SOX GAMER: that's how it WORKS in the UD for beer guys. Had you spent the money to sit on the lower level, you'd notice that there's more than enough beer guys to go around. Anybody who's been to the Cell more than once in two years knows that it's quicker to get up and get a beer when you're in the UD.

"The people (Sox fans) SUCK. Well, not all of them. There were some normal Sox fans, but good lord, I never saw more stained or ripped (or both) wife-beaters, sleeveless jerseys, mullets, ponytails, porn mustaches, cut off jean shorts, and FAT UGLY MEN AND WOMEN assembled in one place before. I am not exaggerating. My girlfriend who was with me noticed this and it was her first Sox game. The best part was the guy with the mullet they showed on kiss cam. What a hick! Even my friends I was with who are both Sox fans said that the chicks there suck. Hey, Wrigley may be the world's biggest beer garden, but I also enjoy watching the tail that walks around there along with the baseball game."

-So... Sox fans suck because of the way they... look. What I should expect from a prissy, elitist Northside preppy, yuppie d******bag I guess. And guess what? I live in Lakeview! And I don't fit that description of Sox fan at all! And only somebody who's blind would talk about how there's no hotties at a Sox game. Please; I'll take my Southside girls over all the chunky, pointy-toe shoe wearing bob haircut Northside cows that overrun Wrigley every game any day of the week.

"Bad baseball. Yes, the Sox are 30 games above .500 or whatever, but s***, the game last night was f****** boring and the Sox were s*****. And Contreras sucks. He needs to go. 3 hits against Bondermann? Where is this smartball everyone keeps talking about? The Sox may be dominating their divison, but if I were a Sox fan I would be worried about the 19-18 record against the rest of the American League."

-Let me get this straight: you go to one game, they lose, and now you want to play armchair expert and expose the team as a fraud. You can't even get your stats right, moron. So based on one game, you want to offer your opinion of our team--let the line form here for everybody who wants to listen to Mr. Cub Fan's Predictions for the Sox in '05!

"Parking. We paid $17 to wait in line forever to get in the lot, park the car, and then wait for a while to get out of the lot. We were 15 minutes late getting in the park. I might sounds crazy for saying this, but I thought it was easier to get to Cubs games!"

-Here's another suggestion for Mr. Genius Cub fan: don't drive to the game. Or park in the loop and take the el. Do you drive to Cubs games, genius? Only a fool would--and if you live in the city and actually drove to the Sox game, you are indeed a world-class idiot.

"Good things: the food is good, beer selection at the booths is good, the park is clean, bathrooms are clean, lots of things for kids to do, no Cubs hating (at least where I was sitting this game) and the team is still best in baseball."

-Well you've done your best to incite Cubs-hating by offering your idiotic insights, based on your one experience.

"Anyway, the verdict is Sox games suck. It may be good for some people I guess. I'll probably go again, but not for awhile. You Sox fans can all thank me for ponying up and supporting your Sox for one game, something many of you probably haven't done yet this year. But I'll stick with the Cubs and Wrigley Field, the best park in the majors for baseball."

-Hey, buddy: PLEASE DO stick with the Cubs and Wrigley Field. Really. Please. Stay over there, where you most certainly belong. We certainly appreciate your brainless "verdict" after one game, but trust me: the mother ship is beckoning you home where you belong. And really, we don't need you to "pony up" ever again. I'm going to game #25 today. How many Cubs games have you "ponied up" for this season, Superfan? Eh? Mr "Verdict After One Game"? Mr. "You Guys Oughta Be Worried" at 30+ games over .500, when your "real" team is struggling to stay even near .500?

Enjoy the rest of your summer at Wrigley--all three games you'll probably go to. But please: stay there.

na_na_na_na
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Just a note there are still projects directly south of the Cell and north of Pershing. But I don't think he could see them from the UD like he claims.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Just a note there are still projects directly south of the Cell and north of Pershing. But I don't think he could see them from the UD like he claims.

Those are low rise so I doubt they could. Maybe he thought IIT is a project.

LVSoxFan
07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
He's coughing up the old scare-tactic of the Robert Taylor Homes when they were across the Ryan.I absolutely love how the guy goes to one game and just starts making sweeping proclamations about the park, the team, the fans, etc. While he's sitting in his half-priced Pepsi UD seat.