PDA

View Full Version : Magglio ....... Is Back

Hangar18
07-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I hate to say this, but watching him the last couple of nites .....
the guy is back and looks even better than ever. He was hitting some ropes
and looks like the guy we remembered, an impossible guy to get out.

Hangar18
07-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Did anyone cheer or boo him? It felt very weird to see him in a Tiger uniform,
here I thought hed stay a SOX forever because this guy is gonna continue to be special. I didnt cheer or boo ..... I just sat in silence when his name was announced

PaleHoseGeorge
07-20-2005, 10:25 AM
four letter word:
G-I-D-P

Flight #24
07-20-2005, 10:32 AM
I hate to say this, but watching him the last couple of nites .....
the guy is back and looks even better than ever. He was hitting some ropes
and looks like the guy we remembered, an impossible guy to get out.

I don't know that anyone doubted he could be "old Magglio" for short stretches, the debate is whether or not he'll be forced to DH or even be able to play 4 weeks from now, or if not, this time next year.

Because if he is back for good, then he needs to chew out Bora$$ ass. Because his whole "I'm healthy but you can't look at the knee" act cost him money.

Hangar18
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't know that anyone doubted he could be "old Magglio" for short stretches, the debate is whether or not he'll be forced to DH or even be able to play 4 weeks from now, or if not, this time next year.

Because if he is back for good, then he needs to chew out Bora$$ ass. Because his whole "I'm healthy but you can't look at the knee" act cost him money.

Well, I did make the decision recently to REMOVE his 30 Ordonez from my jersey in favor of Buehrle 56

santo=dorf
07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
four letter word:
G-I-D-P

I believe it's G-I-M-P
:D:

scottjanssens
07-20-2005, 11:03 AM

Not really. It just got him a big contract with a serious dump clause.

Any Sox fan who finds Maggs performance surprising should also be surprised by Thomas this year. Frankly, I find the performance of either unsurprising. Good hitters hitting the ball well... I'm shocked and amazed!

The only reason the Sox didn't re-sign Maggs is money. Injury was just an excuse. Had the Sox signed Maggs we wouldn't have close to the team we have now since a huge chunk of money would be tied up in right field.

chisoxfanatic
07-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I didn't boo nor cheer Maggs at all either of these past two days and won't today either.

I don't think it has anything to do with an improved Maggs that he has hit so well the past couple of games. I think it moreso has to do with Maggs wanting to spite Ozzie or something. He'll be no more than average after this series is complete.

Flight #24
07-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Not really. It just got him a big contract with a serious dump clause.

Any Sox fan who finds Maggs performance surprising should also be surprised by Thomas this year. Frankly, I find the performance of either unsurprising. Good hitters hitting the ball well... I'm shocked and amazed!

The only reason the Sox didn't re-sign Maggs is money. Injury was just an excuse. Had the Sox signed Maggs we wouldn't have close to the team we have now since a huge chunk of money would be tied up in right field.

Ummm....no. He would likely have gotten more $$$ or at least a contract without the clause had he submitted to workouts. Heck - even the Cubs admitted that had they been able to do that they would have been interested in him. Any situation with multiple bidders can only increase what he gets.

The reason the Sox didn't resign Maggs is plain and simple: They couldn't get any clearance on his availability for this year prior to the arb deadline. It's true that had they resigned him there would be a dramatically different team, but that doesn't change the fact that they were unable to offer him a contract because in Oct/Nov there was huge uncertainty about his injury status.

Irishsox1
07-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Magglio is 30 years old, so most likley he has 3 to 4 more good years. Get used to him hurting the Sox.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Flight:

I think the total value of his Tigers deal (if it goes the distance) is worth around 107 million dollars.

How much more money do you think he would have gotten?

What he has right now is a top shelf deal.....I mean he's 30...he's was never going to get an A-Rod deal, medical records or no records.

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm tired of seeing threads about "The Other Guy Who Was Here Before." He's gone. He wanted money, and the Tigers gave it to him. I'm glad he's not around anymore.

Flight #24
07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Flight:

I think the total value of his Tigers deal (if it goes the distance) is worth around 107 million dollars.

How much more money do you think he would have gotten?

Lip

I don't know, all I know is that in a multi-bidder scenario, you can only improve over a single bidder scenario. If nothing else, I'm sure Bora$$ could have played his usual games and told Ilitch & Dumbrowski that the Cubs were offering more and squeezed some more juice out of the lemon.

duke of dorwood
07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
here I thought hed stay a SOX forever because this guy is gonna continue to be special. I didnt cheer or boo ..... I just sat in silence when his name was announced

I booed-his choice was Boras-instantly eliminating any desire he had to stay here

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2005, 12:06 PM

He's hitting the ball hard, and he looked good running when he scored from 2nd. On the other hand, he sure tippy-toed into second instead of even pretending he was gonna break up a potential DP on Monday.

SMO
:gulp:

SoxSpeed22
07-20-2005, 12:18 PM
He's hitting the ball hard, and he looked good running when he scored from 2nd. On the other hand, he sure tippy-toed into second instead of even pretending he was gonna break up a potential DP on Monday.

SMO
:gulp::ozzie"What's that $%*# thinkin'! Actin' like his wife was turnin' the double play!"

balke
07-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Back and better than ever is a bit of a stretch. He's been hot as of late, and is trying to prove something, but he's not the best he's ever been. I'm glad I snagged him in my fantasy league, even though I never really liked the guy :wink:. I believe he's yet to steal a base.

maurice
07-20-2005, 12:54 PM
He'll continue to look great . . . until he goes back on the DL with another "hernia." Meanwhile, the Tigers will remain losers at least until his contract comes off their books in the year 2098.

Good riddance.

White Sox Randy
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
He'll continue to look great . . . until he goes back on the DL with another "hernia." Meanwhile, the Tigers will remain losers at least until his contract comes off their books in the year 2098.

Good riddance.

jaaaagggllllliiiioooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bafiarocks03
07-20-2005, 03:05 PM

I was at the game yesterday! And i stood up and cheered for hiM! I brought my "We Miss U Maggs!" sign! and Magglio saw it and smiled and acknowledged me! and i almost passed out!

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I was at the game yesterday! And i stood up and cheered for hiM! I brought my "We Miss U Maggs!" sign! and Magglio saw it and smiled and acknowledged me! and i almost passed out!

Before the game, where you right over by where he was stretching?

If so, I saw you holding that sign.