PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's jinx tonight

Region Sox
07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
When I got home it was bottom of the 3rd, 2 men on, 0 outs. Hawk said "Well even if we don't score runs we did damage by making their ace throw 50 pitches by the third inning". We went on to score 0 that inning and Bonderman went on to pitch 5 more innings giving up 1 run. Good call Hawk. Reminded me of the Cubs Sunday game when the Sox were up and DJ said "jon Garland is not a home run pitcher- doesn't give up many". CoPa was leading off the next inning and hit the HR.

SoxSmallBall
07-19-2005, 11:37 PM
who cares

i doubt thats what did it

chaerulez
07-20-2005, 12:05 AM
When I got home it was bottom of the 3rd, 2 men on, 0 outs. Hawk said "Well even if we don't score runs we did damage by making their ace throw 50 pitches by the third inning". We went on to score 0 that inning and Bonderman went on to pitch 5 more innings giving up 1 run. Good call Hawk. Reminded me of the Cubs Sunday game when the Sox were up and DJ said "jon Garland is not a home run pitcher- doesn't give up many". CoPa was leading off the next inning and hit the HR.

There is no jinx.

Also calling Corey Patterson "CoPa" is a bit ridiculous.

The Dude
07-20-2005, 12:10 AM

Go to insidetheivy.com, they are firm believers in the jinx, curses, hexes, superstitions, etc.

Joosh
07-20-2005, 12:15 AM
:threadsucks

I hate using this tag, but come on man! We're not going to win 162 games in a year.
Curses or jinxes belong in the Urinal.

Region Sox
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
It is like sitting at a black jack table and saying "look how much money we are winning" after a few good hands to then lose 10 in a row. I am just like that- if you have good fortune don't go mentioning it. I also hate listening to Hawk and DJ and unfortunately wasn't able to turn on AM 1000 in time to hear that lame observation. With the "CoPa" reference I heard him called that on Sportstalk radio and it was easier than typing out "Corey Patterson".

Is it the reason we lost the game? Of course not. We wouldn't have scored 8 anyway, but as long as it was 3-1 and Bonderman was rolling along I was disappointed. 1 run a game in the playoffs will get us swept. I am tired of just making it to the post season- I want to take the next step darn it!

Sorry, jerks. Too bad Sox fans have to hate each other.

The Dude
07-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Yeah we're jerks because we called you a curse/jinx loving Cubs fan. Relax pal.

I dont hate fellow Sox fans or yourself, but I hate when they act like northside/ESPN blue cool-aid drinking morons. Whether it be the throwing back the HR ball, starting the wave, booing our CURRENT players, believing in the jinx, etc. they get what they deserve.
And thats the way it is, goodnight folks!:smile:

Region Sox
07-20-2005, 12:37 AM
That does not make me a Cubs fan. That is why I got pissed. I don't go around saying we are going to win it all- I prefer to be filled with quiet optimism and take things one win at a time. It could also potentially eliminate possible crow I have to eat. I am a nervous person and an even more nervous Sox fan. The Cubs series I was so nervous about losing games I watched most with my head down. I was a wreck. When the Sox lose I am a "sky is falling" type until the sun comes up the next day. We lose 7-1 to Detroit and I fear we may not win anymore. Now when I wake up in 6 hours I will be optimistic again (quietly).

Just whatever you do, DON'T call me a Cub fan!

fquaye149
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
I don't go around saying we are going to win it all- I prefer to be filled with quiet optimism and take things one win at a time. It could also potentially eliminate possible crow I have to eat.

this is all just fine and perfectly reasonable explanatons for why you don't sya we are going to win it all.

however once you start believing that YOU saying we are going to win it all could effect the outcome of a single game then you just crossed the line int sorry uh uh not going to happen territory

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2005, 09:06 AM

In the third inning, I was deciding whether to eat a turkey sandwich or some chili. I chose the chili.

Dammit, I knew I chose wrong; did you see how the Sox failed to score after that?

:rolleyes:

Kuzman
07-20-2005, 09:39 AM
In the third inning, I was deciding whether to eat a turkey sandwich or some chili. I chose the chili.

Dammit, I knew I chose wrong; did you see how the Sox failed to score after that?

haha shouldn't that be in teal?

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2005, 09:47 AM
haha shouldn't that be in teal?

Of course not.

Don't you know that jinxes are real?

voodoochile
07-20-2005, 09:57 AM

I know you are, but what am I...:rolleyes:

Keep it up and you will be posting rants about jerks elsewhere...