chisoxmike
07-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Damn. Bonderman bodyslamed us tonight.

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Bonderman's a horrible human being.

whitesoxfan
07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
yep Bonderman was great tonight. Like i said in the game thread, we'll win the series.

NSSoxFan
07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Just tip our caps to Bonderman tonight.

Quick turnaround with a day game tomorrow. Let's come out and take this series against Robertson.

soltrain21
07-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Jenks looked good and pitched out of trouble. Hopefully getting out of that bases loaded jam will give him confidence for the future. It gave me confidence in him.

Other than that...it was a tough loss. Surely we grow accustomed to winning a lot, but things like this are going to happen throughout the course of the season. It is really getting frustrating not knowing what Jose we are going to get out on the mound, but he did not give up any walks...which is nice.

And to all the idiots who were clapping after the Maggs double....I hate you.

cleanwsox
Their ace versus our 4th starter. Wish we could have had a couple more hits though.

Cowhead418
Now we'll never win more than 8 in a row... We suck.

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Contreras was hung out for dry to some extent. It was obvious he was tired at the end. I thought he pitched pretty well despite the 6th.

BlackHat91
07-19-2005, 10:49 PM
The Kitties had to beat us SOMETIME this season, I guess. Too bad Contreras wasnt as solid as he should have been. Jenks looked allright, though.

Anyway, I feel confident that we can pull off the win tomorrow and get a new winning streak going.

jake27
07-19-2005, 10:50 PM
And to all the idiots who were clapping after the Maggs double....I hate you. simple, yet very effective :cool:

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I think this game turns us into sellers. It's obvious we don't have what it takes.

shoota
07-19-2005, 10:56 PM
An unofficial error by Crede in the second inning lead to Detroit's first 3 runs. If he had made that play on what should have been the third out of the inning, 0 Tigers runs score. It felt like Crede deja vu of that April game in Minnesota where his misplay of a ball of what should have been the third out of the inning led to a Torii Hunter lead-changing, 3-run home run off Buehrle.

Crede did have two hits when the rest of the offense struggled, so he deserves credit for that. In the 7th, Crede made a very athletic stop on a check swing by Nook Logan. Unfortunately, Crede had no chance to throw him out at first since Logan is too fast.

I'm glad Ozzie got playing time for some of the bench players while simultaneously resting some regulars late in the game. I'm also glad that he got an opportunity to use Bobby Jenks. Jenks was striking out the park. Did anyone notice Carlos Guillen say, "Wow" after seeing a high and tight Jenks fastball?

I hope Jenks isn't being showcased for a trade, because he can be an asset in the bullpen come October.

The Dude
07-19-2005, 10:57 PM
And to all the idiots who were clapping after the Maggs double....I hate you.

I can understand the clapping for the introduction, but when the hell are people going to stop clapping for Magglio?? HES ON THE FREAKING TIGERS!:angry: Last time I checked, that is the team we are currently playing. I'll chalk it up to the baseball-less knowledge of the tuesday half-price UD crowd.

soxfan123
07-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I think this game turns us into sellers. It's obvious we don't have what it takes.

Ive always wanted to do this...

:tealpolice:

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 10:58 PM
An unofficial error by Crede in the second inning lead to Detroit's first 3 runs. He did have two hits when the rest of the offense struggled, so he deserves credit for that. In the 7th, Crede made a very athletic stop on a check swing by Nook Logan. Unfortunately, Crede had no chance to throw him out at first since Logan is too fast.

I'm glad Ozzie got playing time for some of the bench players while simultaneously resting some regulars late in the game. I'm also glad that he got an opportunity to use Bobby Jenks. Jenks was striking out the park. Did anyone notice Carlos Guillen say, "Wow" after seeing a high and tight Jenks fastball?

I hope Jenks isn't being showcased for a trade, because he can be an asset in the bullpen come October.

hahahahaha.

MagicNumber22
07-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Tonight's loss was tough, and you can't win 'em all. We'll get them tomorrow with Freddy on the hill.

Kogs35
07-19-2005, 11:04 PM
its just one of those bleh games. cant win em all. and people please stop clapping for mag$$lidoh.

owensmouth
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=shoota]An unofficial error by Crede in the second inning lead to Detroit's first 3 runs.

[QUOTE]
And he didn't hit an eight run home run. It was an error only in your dementia. Unfortunately, the hanging forkball that Contreras threw was all too real.

SoxSpeed22
07-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Data-wise, we were WAY overdue for this. Let's just win tomorrow.

wsbaseball9
07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
inconsistent

adj 1: displaying a lack of consistency; "inconsistent statements"; "inconsistent with the roadmap" [ant: consistent (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=consistent)] 2: not capable of being made consistent or harmonious; "inconsistent accounts" 3: not in agreement
also see: http://images.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/2002-10-16/contreras.jpg jose contreras

ChiSox7
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
inconsistent

adj 1: displaying a lack of consistency; "inconsistent statements"; "inconsistent with the roadmap" [ant: consistent (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=consistent)] 2: not capable of being made consistent or harmonious; "inconsistent accounts" 3: not in agreement
also see: http://images.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/2002-10-16/contreras.jpg jose contreras

also see: this post, http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54511, which might surprise you. He's not nearly as inconsistent as you think.

shoota
07-19-2005, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=shoota]An unofficial error by Crede in the second inning lead to Detroit's first 3 runs.

And he didn't hit an eight run home run. It was an error only in your dementia. Unfortunately, the hanging forkball that Contreras threw was all too real.

It was a bad play by Crede. He handcuffed himself on that one. He didn't know whether to **** or go blind. It's marked as a 3-run unofficial error in my scorebook.

I'm sure most will agree with me on this one.

SpammySosa
07-19-2005, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=owensmouth]

It was a bad play by Crede. He handcuffed himself on that one. He didn't know whether to **** or go blind. It's marked as a 3-run unofficial error marked in my scorebook.

I think the only thing most will agree with is where you can store your scorebook.:rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
07-19-2005, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=owensmouth]

It was a bad play by Crede. He handcuffed himself on that one. He didn't know whether to **** or go blind. It's marked as a 3-run unofficial error marked in my scorebook.

I'm sure most will agree with me on this one.But it wouldn't be an unofficial error for Joe Randa?:?:

NSSoxFan

Whatever you say Ms. Close.

So.ILSoxFan

:?:

So, I guess it was crede who gave up the three run homer then, right?:rolleyes:

Rocklive99
07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
I will be catching the replay/tape since I had night school, but my expectations weren't too high coming into this one, though I thought it'd be closer. I like Jose, but Bonderman has been one of the best in the league this year, and any other manager than Francona and Clement would not have been the one in the AllStar Game. Anyways, that's the beauty of being so good, still over 30 games over .500, and a loss (though I like wins better) doesn't really bother me nor does it matter or change anything, just get em tomorow

EDiT: Quickly looking through the box score, nice to see no walks, especially next to the name Jenks

delben91
07-19-2005, 11:30 PM

:o:

p.s. - get them tomorrow guys! :gulp:

ChiSox7
07-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Ugh. Twins win too. Back to 12. Oh well.

Coming into this this against the Twins, Baltimore was undefeated when leading after 8.

BJ Ryan blew a save last night and then again tonight. Go figure.

mccoydp
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
inconsistent

But this is a creative, funny post.

RedPinStripes
07-19-2005, 11:37 PM
**** happens. Can't win em all. We'll just win 8 out of the net 12. :Rocker:

ilsox7
07-19-2005, 11:44 PM

Coming into this this against the Twins, Baltimore was undefeated when leading after 8.

If you saw how the O's lost tonight, you saw exactly why they will not be in the playoffs this year.

SoxSpeed22
07-19-2005, 11:45 PM
If you saw how the O's lost tonight, you saw exactly why they will not be in the playoffs this year.So painfully true.

Huisj
07-20-2005, 12:04 AM
i think this might be the shortest post-loss thread we've had around here in a while. come on guys, doesn't this loss automatically put the team on a downward spiral where they're heading straight to the cellar? did I just feel a piece of sky hit me on my head?

oh, and go bobby jenks. nice outing. sheesh.

Jjav829
07-20-2005, 12:06 AM
An unofficial error by Crede in the second inning lead to Detroit's first 3 runs. If he had made that play on what should have been the third out of the inning, 0 Tigers runs score. It felt like Crede deja vu of that April game in Minnesota where his misplay of a ball of what should have been the third out of the inning led to a Torii Hunter lead-changing, 3-run home run off Buehrle.

Crede did have two hits when the rest of the offense struggled, so he deserves credit for that. In the 7th, Crede made a very athletic stop on a check swing by Nook Logan. Unfortunately, Crede had no chance to throw him out at first since Logan is too fast.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh, you're funny. See, you had me thinking you were serious for a minute there. Then I realized you were joking. You....you're good, you. You're real good.

Jjav829
07-20-2005, 12:09 AM
But it wouldn't be an unofficial error for Joe Randa?:?:

Anyone see Randa's error tonight? Crede makes that play 10 times out of 10. But I'm sure shoota will ignore it because, you know, he's Joe Randa. Even when he screws up he doesn't really screw up. In fact, I bet Randa committed the error on purpose just to show he's human. Randa's such a great guy that he wants to remain humble and not upstage the opponent by playing so flawlessly. Besides being a remarkable player, he's also a remarkable person. I hear it was really Joe Randa that saved that drowning boy, but he just chose to give Drew Rosenhaus credit. What a guy.

DickAllen72
07-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Just got back from the game.

I was impressed with Jenks. Contreras pitched pretty well until the 6th.

It just wasn't our night. Oh well.... Get 'em tomorrow!

starboy0
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM

Orioles had that game won. Then in the 9th they made like 4 horrible throwing errors in a row to give it away to the Twinks.

itsnotrequired
07-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Signature update time...:(:

Oh well, I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully the Sox come away with the victory. Three games in three days? Me likey.:D:

GoGoSoxReborn
07-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Actual conversation at the game with a tigers fan:

Tigers fan: Who the hell do you have at third base? He sucks I've seen high schoolers make that play?

Me: Oh maybe you havent been watching and he makes that play 9 out of 10 times this season.

Tigers fan: Are you kidding me that was as routine as they come!

Me: Perhaps you missed the three web gems he had against you last night

Tigers fan: He didn't do **** against us last night

ME: Oh well you must have missed the three run jack he hit in the 7th down 2.

Tigers fan: Whatever if thats the crap you want in the field in the World series man

Me: Yea its that same "crap" that is going to get us to the world series, and its his defense that got us to 61 wins in the first place.

Tigers fan: Yeah whatever have fun with your cubs size collapse in the post season.

Me: Whatever, let me know when reach the post season in 2020.

Tigers fan: F U dude we got maggs.

Me: Have fun with that, here is hoping he brings you just as many 2nd place finishes as he brought us.

PicktoCLick72
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Man I hate going to Sox losses. This is two stinkers in a row.

CaptainBallz
07-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Me: Have fun with that, here is hoping he brings you just as many 2nd place finishes as he brought us.

Nice. BTW, 'F' Detroit, the people, the attitude, and the architecture. Kid Rock wanks...

SSN721
07-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Nice. BTW, 'F' Detroit, the people, the attitude, and the architecture. Kid Rock wanks...

What is wrong witht he architecture? Despite the fact that most of it is abandoned and fallen into disrepair there are some gorgeous 20-30s art deco buildings there. The Penobscot building has to be one of my favorite skyscrapers anywhere. I am not from there or anything and dont really care too much, just am into architecture so the one architecture comment seemed to be a goofy throw in. The rest I cant argue. :smile: As for the game, oh well, we cant win them all. And props to Crede tonight for getting 2/3s of the hits tonight. It was a tough hop on the grounder before the homer. No way that is an error. We'll just go get them tommorrow.

TornLabrum
07-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Whatever you say Ms. Close.

Actually Glenn is right. I was at the game and was going to score it as an error. The reason it took a bad hop is because he didn't move up on the ball. He moved back. I learned as a kid you don't do that.

LVSoxFan
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I was ready to start a "Get Rid of Contreras" thread but after reading some of you here, you're right. Contreras just got tired. He was fine until that inning. Crede's play opened up the game but I'm hardly going to come down on him, who has fielded some impossible balls this year.

We've spanked the Tigers so many times it's inevitable we're going to lose one here and there--they certainly do not suck. Their pitcher was awesome and honestly--I think our whole team was tired.

Like some have said all season: just take the series. Two out of three--especially after a four-game sweep of Cleveland--is gonna get it done for us. Hopefully it will be an easier game today so we can rest up for Red Sox!

nasox
07-20-2005, 11:49 AM
What is wrong witht he architecture? Despite the fact that most of it is abandoned and fallen into disrepair there are some gorgeous 20-30s art deco buildings there. The Penobscot building has to be one of my favorite skyscrapers anywhere. I am not from there or anything and dont really care too much, just am into architecture so the one architecture comment seemed to be a goofy throw in. The rest I cant argue. :smile: As for the game, oh well, we cant win them all. And props to Crede tonight for getting 2/3s of the hits tonight. It was a tough hop on the grounder before the homer. No way that is an error. We'll just go get them tommorrow.

Burnt out downtown warehouses, and grime built up inches thick on the buildings dating back to the race riots, mmmmm, great architecture.

SSN721
07-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Burnt out downtown warehouses, and grime built up inches thick on the buildings dating back to the race riots, mmmmm, great architecture.

Well strictly speaking from an architectural sense many of the warehouses and factories historically are actually pretty innovative, I dont think the condition of the structures has anything to do with the architecture itself.

SSN721
07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow, just thinking what a great year this is. Its a post game thread after a 7-1 loss and the only debating going on is about Detroit Architecture. :cool: GO Sox:smile:

shoota
07-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Actually Glenn is right. I was at the game and was going to score it as an error. The reason it took a bad hop is because he didn't move up on the ball. He moved back. I learned as a kid you don't do that.

Mark Gonzales agrees with us. From his recap of the game in today's Tribune:
Contreras' numbers wouldn't have looked so bad if third baseman Joe Crede had fielded a two-out grounder by Craig Monroe in the second that was ruled a hit.

Contreras took the high road and didn't blame Crede:

Joe has made some great plays," Contreras said. "One play wouldn't have made a difference."

samram
07-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Mark Gonzales agrees with us. From his recap of the game in today's Tribune:

Contreras took the high road and didn't blame Crede:

It's true that if Joe fielded that ground ball, the runs don't score. However, if Pods had climbed the fence and robbed that homer, the runs also would not have scored. Just because his fielding the ball would have prevented the runs doesn't mean he should have fielded the ball.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Contreras to pitch over a mistake for once.