PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jones

charlotteknights
07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
White Sox acquired Bobby Jones who will be with the Charlotte Knights. That means that someone has to go. He will arrive tomorrow.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
White Sox acquired Bobby Jones who will be with the Charlotte Knights. That means that someone has to go. He will arrive tomorrow.which one?

He gone
07-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Bobby M. Jones is a LHP who just had Tommy John Surgery last season :?:

He is 14-21 in parts of 7 ML Seasons. He has a life time ERA of 5.77 :(:

He was with Boston last year before his surgery. I think the Sox are looking at him to pitch out of the bullpen :?:

doublem23
07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Who really cares about the Charlotte Knights when you're in the middle of a season like this? :bandance:

He gone
07-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Who really cares about the Charlotte Knights when you're in the middle of a season like this?

Obviously you do or you wouldn't be reading these boards :cool:

doublem23
07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Obviously you do or you wouldn't be reading these boards :cool:

Not really... I have absoletuly no idea how the Knights are doing, they could be in first or they could be in last place, and it really wouldn't surprise me one way or the other. I've never claimed to be a minor league expert, but in seasons like this, I really don't care. Trade 'em all, Kenny, as long as we get the pieces to make a run at the World Series.

I only glance at this board from time to time, mostly to make sure all is well in WSILand. :cool:

Garlandfan33
07-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Alright I may sound crazy but is this a possible move hinting at the fact the sox might move Brandon to get AJ Burnett this is just an idea.

slavko
07-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Alright I may sound crazy but is this a possible move hinting at the fact the sox might move Brandon to get AJ Burnett this is just an idea.

You're not crazy. Plus, you have the papers to prove it. Oops, that's Piersall.

charlotteknights
07-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Then quit reading the minor league board! Not all of us have the opportunity to see major league baseball and love to watch the game. Triple A is all we have around here and excuse me if I care about the players down here. I've seen some great players come out of Charlotte over the last twenty years and probably will see alot more in the future. I think it's great that the White Sox are having a fantastic season but will continue to support their minor league system and its players.:angry:

BigEdWalsh
07-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Who really cares about the Charlotte Knights when you're in the middle of a season like this? :bandance:
I have kind of a different take on it. It's BECAUSE the Sox are having a great season that I care a little bit more about what's going on in the minor leagues. The White Sox' season has just increased my interest in anything White Sox. I'm all that much more excited about the future of the Sox.
And I agree with charlotteknights that there are those who live in the area of our minor league affiliates and I'm sure that since they are able to go see the minor league guys play they have plenty of interest. In fact I'm kinda surprised that there aren't more people like charlotteknights posting on this board. I know there's a few others but given the excitement of the White Sox' season you'd think that there might be more. Anyway, I think that it's cool because instead of just looking at box scores these people actually get to see the future White Sox play and can provide the rest of us with unique observations.
As for Bobby Jones, jeez..... I think he's just filling a hole.

AnthonyGiacalone
07-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Bobby M. Jones stinks. That said, the Knights just need another arm and Jones is a decent AAA pitcher. I mean, he's got to be better than Adkins, right?

And, yet, they seem to be using out of the rotation. Are they going to leave Munoz in the rotation? He looked awful in the game that I saw him pitch. That said, he's got a 3.95 ERA in this itsy-bitsy park, which isn't all that bad.

charlotteknights
07-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks, Big Ed. I have been a fan of minor league baseball for over 20 years and have had the pleasure of meeting such players as Cal Ripken, Jr., Jim Thome, Frank Thomas, just to name a few. I agree with you that it is the responsibility of the minor league teams to provide player support to the majors. Minor league baseball is a great place to see young talent, such as Jon Garland, at its very rawest stage. I'm hoping that the White Sox will again resign with Charlotte as I am a Sox fan too.