PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis in September

bigsoxfan420
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Is anyone going to the series on 9/16-9/18? How about a recommendation on where to stay (like where the Sox stay)?

jake27
07-19-2005, 11:04 PM
ill be going depending on their lead in the central. if they could clinch it or if the lead is close, ill be there. if they already have clinched it, probally not. i went to minneapolis this winter and stayed in a NE suburb (forgot what it was called). only about 15 mintes from downtown. they have a train system (tho not great) downtown now. there is a stop right by the dome, so if it stops by any hotels along the way that might be a good option. there really isnt much to do there. mall of america is ok, its cool when you walk in, other than that its a regular mall, the amusement park in it is ok. the little sculpture garden is ok they have (it has that big spoon in it), nothing great tho. u of minnesota has a football game on the 17th that i might check out if i go.

Foulke You
07-20-2005, 12:15 AM
When I went to the dome last year, I stayed at a Marriott Courtyard in Minneapolis at "The Depot" which is a converted late 1800s train station. It was a nice hotel and i got the rates cheap on hotwire.com. Best part is it's within walking distance of the Metrodome. About a half mile I believe. Here is the information for the hotel I stayed at:

Courtyard By Marriott Minneapolis Downtown At The Depot
225 South Third Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Babe The Blue Ox
07-21-2005, 01:42 AM
I would recommend staying in downtown Minneapolis - then you'll be within walking distance of something to do/places to eat at when you're not at the game. Or, you'll be close to the rail system to go to the Mall of America if you want to see that.

The Depot is a nice hotel - within walking distance of the Dome. I think that the MLB teams stay at the other Marriot hotel on 7th Avenue - Marriot City Center. Seems to be where the autograph hunters are.