PDA

View Full Version : Does KW have something against Bajernu?

ReallyStupid
07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I heard on WSCR that if Dustin Hermanson goes on the DL that the White Sox would call up Jon Adkins. Huh? Why not Jeff Bajernu? He's doing great in AAA. And to think they called up Bobby Jenks before Bajernu, makes me wonder, do Kenny Williams and/or Ozzie Guillen have something against Jeff? What's the deal?

Lip Man 1
07-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Just my opinion but all this talk of Dustin going on the DL appears to be 'new.' What has changed???

As far as Adkins, he's been awful in Triple A this season and the Sox already have one unproven arm in the pen in Jenks. I don't think they are going to bring up another one in Bajernu.

My guess is that a trade is coming. Although my gut is telling me Hermanson is not going on the DL.

Lip

ChiSoxRowand
07-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Just my opinion but all this talk of Dustin going on the DL appears to be 'new.' What has changed???

As far as Adkins, he's been awful in Triple A this season and the Sox already have one unproven arm in the pen in Jenks. I don't think they are going to bring up another one in Bajernu.

My guess is that a trade is coming. Although my gut is telling me Hermanson is not going on the DL.

Lip

I'd much rather have an "unproven arm" in Bajeneru than Adkins and his near 6:00 ERA.

MHOUSE
07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
At least Adkins was decent in the bigs last year. Bajenaru got got shelled. I'll take Hermanson anyday of course. Please be ok!

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
IMHO most of Adkins problems were because he just ran out of gas. He had an ERA in the 3's for a long time.

Flight #24
07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I heard KW is pissed at this "Bajernu" guy because he's going around telling people his name's "Bajenaru".
:wink:

maurice
07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Adkins blows, while Baj might turn out to be a good major-league pitcher.

Coming into this year, Adkins has a career 4.66 ERA in MLB, 4.71 ERA in AAA, and 4.45 ERA in AA. This year, he has a 5.88 ERA and a .308 BAA in AAA.

Coming into this year, Baj had only 8.1 IP in MLB, a 1.80 ERA in AAA, and a 2.45 ERA in AA. This year, Baj has a 1.07 ERA and a .191 BAA, while playing for the same team as Adkins.

SoxFanTillDeath
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I've wondered this for a while now...the guy's doing everything that he is supposed to do to warrant a call-up. If Jenks gets a few more shots and doesn't do anything I want to see him and Jeff switch places.

Buy my opinion matters VERY LITTLE...

Huisj
07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
I didn't get to see any of the games that Bajenaru pitched last year. What's his stuff like?

soltrain21
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
IMHO most of Adkins problems were because he just ran out of gas. He had an ERA in the 3's for a long time.

Quit looking through everything with rose colored glasses. When a Sox player sucks it is because he sucks.

He didn't "run out of gas." He just isn't very good.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Quit looking through everything with rose colored glasses. When a Sox player sucks it is because he sucks.

He didn't "run out of gas." He just isn't very good.yeah well he had an ERA in the mid 3's. Even Ozzie admitted and regretted that he overworked him. He had a terrible september. He ain't that bad.

soltrain21
07-19-2005, 05:01 PM
yeah well he had an ERA in the mid 3's. Even Ozzie admitted and regretted that he overworked him. He had a terrible september. He ain't that bad.

Yep, he is just tearing up AAA right now. He IS awful.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Yep, he is just tearing up AAA right now. He IS awful.he is being used as a starter. He isn't a starter.

cleanwsox
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Yep, he is just tearing up AAA right now. He IS awful.

He must have been overworked in April and May. I mean he REALLY isn't THAT bad!

cleanwsox
07-19-2005, 05:03 PM
he is being used as a starter. He isn't a starter.

He still doesn't get anybody out. Baj deserves his shot.

soltrain21
07-19-2005, 05:05 PM
he is being used as a starter. He isn't a starter.

How do you know all of these about the White Sox? Adkins "can't" be used a starter. Iguchi's feelings towards Shingo. How Shingo will feel.

Starter or not, he still blows.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
How do you know all of these about the White Sox? Adkins "can't" be used a starter. Iguchi's feelings towards Shingo. How Shingo will feel.

Starter or not, he still blows.well he was pretty good last year. Hell Cotts had a bad year last year and if the Sox hadn't given him a chance there is no way they would be in 1st place by 12 games. I remember that every sox fan i knew wanted Cotts to go down and be a starter.

charlotteknights
07-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Kenny wants a long reliever and Charlotte is suggesting Adkins. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jon gone very soon since they acquired Bobby Jones and sent him to Charlotte.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Kenny wants a long reliever and Charlotte is suggesting Adkins. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jon gone very soon since they acquired Bobby Jones and sent him to Charlotte.Whoops i misread it and i thought it said Jenks.

soltrain21
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
well he was pretty good last year. Hell Cotts had a bad year last year and if the Sox hadn't given him a chance there is no way they would be in 1st place by 12 games. I remember that every sox fan i knew wanted Cotts to go down and be a starter.

They were seeing improvements from Neal, they are not seeing that from Adkins.

And no...Jenks wasn't sent down. KW said yesterday the Shingo move was FOR Jenks.

charlotteknights
Bobby Jones, not Jenks

White Sox Josh
They were seeing improvements from Neal, they are not seeing that from Adkins.

And no...Jenks wasn't sent down. KW said yesterday the Shingo move was FOR Jenks.i misread it.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Which Bobby Jones?

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Which Bobby Jones?

Maybe you'll find something on the other board to paraphrase about him.

TaylorStSox
07-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Damnit. I meant plagiarize.

maurice
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Adkins isn't bad because he was used as a starter or overworked. He's bad because he sucks and has always sucked. Being used as a starter doesn't mean **** when you can't get minor leaguers out. Guys like Cotts -- even Munoz and Diaz -- had no trouble getting minor leaguers out.

That being said, Adkins' general suckiness doesn't mean that Ozzie won't want him on the team. Perez and Walker blow chunks also, and Ozzie has a man-crush on both of them.