PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,879

Hangar18
07-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Last nite, I sat in my regular section 158, when I was startled by a "Lets go Cubbies" chant. The imbeciles chanting were 5 young sheep, (Tribsters or Tribbies I called them) probably about 14 or 15 yrs old being obnoxious and loud. I was very surprised at the rudeness for kids that young, they were all by themselves and all in cubs tshirts. What WASNT so surprising was hearing the "information" these sheep were spewing "Our ballpark is better" to which I shot back (Congrats kid, heres your best park trophy-crowd laughed at that) One of the best lines, was the lead sheep-kid saying incredibly "You guys cant even fill your own park" I pointed to the SOLD-OUT park ......
and asked what he thought of of a FULL park ..........

He didnt say anything .....

Goose
07-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Were these the same jerks that started the wave last night? Watching the game on T.V., I saw the "fans" in the scouting seats do the wave...just curious were that all started and if there is a connection.

cleanwsox
07-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Why do these Cubs fans even go to the park? I will never understand Cubs fans that go to a Sox game when the Cubs are out of town. I don't think anybody here would go to a Cubs game when the Sox are out of town. We would all be watching the damn Sox game on TV.

On a side note, after my rant.. I figured that some Cubs fans will get free tickets through some kind of offer/work/promotion. But to come to the park with Cubs T-shirts and talk about the Cubs is beyond stupidity.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-19-2005, 11:40 AM
:rolling:
I've never understood why Cub fans show up at the Cell, especially when the Cubs are playing at the same time. Cub fans are just like their team, lovable? no. Losers? yes.

Dick Allen
07-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Last nite, I sat in my regular section 158, when I was startled by a "Lets go Cubbies" chant. The imbeciles chanting were 5 young sheep, (Tribsters or Tribbies I called them) probably about 14 or 15 yrs old being obnoxious and loud. I was very surprised at the rudeness for kids that young, they were all by themselves and all in cubs tshirts. What WASNT so surprising was hearing the "information" these sheep were spewing "Our ballpark is better" to which I shot back (Congrats kid, heres your best park trophy-crowd laughed at that) One of the best lines, was the lead sheep-kid saying incredibly "You guys cant even fill your own park" I pointed to the SOLD-OUT park ......

He didnt say anything .....Next time, do what a friend of mine always does. Get an usher to check their tickets to make sure that's where they should be sitting. Even if they're in the right seats, it's always fun seeing them get hassled.

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Were these the same jerks that started the wave last night? Watching the game on T.V., I saw the "fans" in the scouting seats do the wave...just curious were that all started and if there is a connection.

A "start the wave" movement was going pretty stong in my section (558, last upper-deck section in left field). There were a lot of Detroit fans starting it up. They eventually got it to go all the way around the upper-deck but I don't know if they inspired others in the lower-deck.

The wave looks pretty cool with a full house. That being said, it should only be done between innings! The first time these dudes tried to start it, Big Frank was batting. The wave dies halfway along and there was a lot of booing. Unfortunately, this booing came at the same time Frank struck out. Huh? If you were in the lower-deck, unaware of the wave movement and heard booing as Frank struck out, you would probably be thinking "Booing Frank? Who are these bozos?"

Another time the wave went a long way so there was a lot of cheering but again, this was during play and was when another Sox batter struck out (can't remember which one). So now it looks like people are cheering a strikeout. Stupid.

Wave between innings = tolerable, especially with a full house.

Wave during play = terrible idea, knock it off!

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 11:55 AM

He didnt say anything .....

There were some Cub fans sitting in front of me as well. To their defense, they were well behaved. They cheered when the scoreboard updated and indicated another Cub run but other than that, they were pretty tame. A couple cheers when Rowand got caught stealing but that was about it. Once the hit parade started in the 7th, they oddly became very quiet.

Oh, and they left in the 8th in classic Wrigley style.:wink:

Trav
07-19-2005, 11:59 AM
A "start the wave" movement was going pretty stong in my section (558, last upper-deck section in left field). There were a lot of Detroit fans starting it up. They eventually got it to go all the way around the upper-deck but I don't know if they inspired others in the lower-deck.

The wave looks pretty cool with a full house. That being said, it should only be done between innings! The first time these dudes tried to start it, Big Frank was batting. The wave dies halfway along and there was a lot of booing. Unfortunately, this booing came at the same time Frank struck out. Huh? If you were in the lower-deck, unaware of the wave movement and heard booing as Frank struck out, you would probably be thinking "Booing Frank? Who are these bozos?"

Another time the wave went a long way so there was a lot of cheering but again, this was during play and was when another Sox batter struck out (can't remember which one). So now it looks like people are cheering a strikeout. Stupid.

Wave between innings = tolerable, especially with a full house.

Wave during play = terrible idea, knock it off!

Please don't do the wave at all. Get a beer and a burger between innings or something that you shouldn't do during play, anything but the wave.

PatK
07-19-2005, 12:24 PM
The stupidity of Cubs fan defies all logic.

They constantly criticize us Sox fans as trash and hooligans.

Well I got news for you, if you're gonna come to The Cell dressed in Cubs garb and openly root AGAINST the Cubs, you're gonna have some problems.

Our fans don't go to Wrigley dressed in Sox gear and openly root against the Cubs. And if we did, the Flub fans in attendance would be much harsher and much ruder than we are at The Cell.

Either that, or they'd be too busy talking to notice.

maurice
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
If a cub fan at the Cell tells you that the Urinal is better, call BS. If that were true, they wouldn't come to our park to have a good time. The fact is, crumbling Wrigley Stadium blows and, deep down inside, they all know it.

Vestigio
07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I was shouting at everybody around me to quit participating in the wave. As I said this one woman said "What does it matter?" Right when she said this I missed Franks strikeout because of these morons doing the wave...

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I was shouting at everybody around me to quit participating in the wave. As I said this one woman said "What does it matter?" Right when she said this I missed Franks strikeout because of these morons doing the wave...

Exactly why the wave should be banned during play. Between innings though, what's the harm?

rocky biddle
07-19-2005, 01:01 PM
I was a "fan" in the scout seats last night (my sister-in-law works for the club and we got 'em free) and we had nothing to do with the wave. It was embarrassing. What's worse is they kept playing sound effects like splashing water and "Here's comes the wave." At one point my wife actually lost it and yelled "Stop encouraging these people." It was pretty funny.

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I was a "fan" in the scout seats last night (my sister-in-law works for the club and we got 'em free) and we had nothing to do with the wave. It was embarrassing. What's worse is they kept playing sound effects like splashing water and "Here's comes the wave." At one point my wife actually lost it and yelled "Stop encouraging these people." It was pretty funny.

Sound effects? Fire Nancy!

Steakpita
07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
I saw the Wave last night, as well as 2/3 of the scout seats people doing the "call your friends and relatives from your cell phone and wave to them, just so they know it's actually you sitting behind home plate..."

These people make me angry. Go back to Wrigley! :o: the WSI Guidelines should be condensed and put on the back of every seat.

Awesome game though.

Heffalump
07-19-2005, 03:06 PM
as well as 2/3 of the scout seats people doing the "call your friends and relatives from your cell phone and wave to them, just so they know it's actually you sitting behind home plate..."

These people make me angry. Go back to Wrigley! :o: the WSI Guidelines should be condensed and put on the back of every seat.

Awesome game though.

I CAN"T STAND those melvins behind home plate that are waving like they are trying to flag down a search party or something.

I recommend that in addition to personal servers in the Scout Seat area, the Sox employ a bouncer that will "instruct" these idiots to watch the game or leave.

Dancin' Homer
07-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Next time, do what a friend of mine always does. Get an usher to check their tickets to make sure that's where they should be sitting. Even if they're in the right seats, it's always fun seeing them get hassled.

That is BRILLIANT!:cool: